“3.5 to 4 stars”

The Farmhouse At Turkey Hill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Farmhouse At Turkey Hill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 91 Restaurants in Bloomsburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 487
Description: The Farmhouse at Turkey Hill is a unique fine dining establishment, located in Bloomsburg, Pa just seconds off Interstate 80 at The Inn at Turkey Hill. A comfortable, yet elegant atmosphere accompanies an award winning wine list and inspired dishes. The Farmhouse strives for only the freshest ingredients to ensure the highest quality dining experience. Reservations are encouraged. Overnight Dining & Room Packages Available The Farmhouse at Turkey Hill is proud to be the recipient of The Wine Spectator Award of Excellence.
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have had meals here that ranged from average to pretty good. I have only actually paid for a meal here once. The remainder of the meals have been paid for through business meals. The problem that I have with this place is consistency. It does not compare with other fine dining establishments. I hate the phrase "good for the area" I suppose this statement is technically true. Overall the food and service are decent. There is nothing to rave about and nothing here was ever WOW worthy to me.

There are newer reviews for The Farmhouse At Turkey Hill

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Still the most impressive restaurant this area has to offer. Interesting choices on the menu, some great, some, well 'interesting', but always worth trying. A little pricey sure, but that's what you pay for gourmet fare.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

When I returned to my home town in Bloomsburg, Pa...I had so many friends tell me that if I wanted an Amazing fine dining experience without having to travel hours away to Philly, NYC or another destination over 1.5hours away...that the Inn at Turkey Hill was the place to go!!!
The Inn itself is charming and a breathe of fresh air from the "cookie cutter" chain hotels that are so common nowadays, but my experience with the fine dining restaurant was ABOVE & BEYOND my expectations for such a small college town. All the staff from the moment i was greeted upon entering by the management as they asked to take our coats, to the bartender we enjoyed cocktails chatting with before we sat down to eat definitely "set the tone" for our dinner.
Our waitress was friendly and well informed about both the food and wine list. I was excited to see that Chef Revak, who trained at Johnson&Wales and has been executive chef at the Inn for quite some time, has put together an intriguing menu while also staying loyal to local organic farmers who supply many of the vegetables. Deciding on "what" to eat was the greatest challenge. I was suprised to find that the chef is consistently getting fresh seafood in every week to offer as specials...so I had to try "pumpkin swordfish" which i had never heard of...but i'm SO VERY GLAD i ordered it!!!
The portions were quite generous for "fine dining" and everything from the "amuse bouche" to the nice homade bite of a sweet "mignardise" that came with the bill was delicious! I was even able to try the Beer they brew in there Brew Pub Restaurant on the property as well!!!
All in all they have made a LOYAL diner out of my family and me...especially for special occasions where you want that extra "touch of class" without pretense.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

IATH has been the premier upscale dining in Bloomsburg for years. Ownership has made the atmosphere complimentary to the cuisine. Recently, however, some core menu items have been removed or replaced. Traditionalists have balked, but the fare is still tops in the area. The inn has been a great location for conducting business dinners and entertaining clients. Convenient hotel accommodations at the inn itself are a benefit.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I were in the area and wanted to celebrate our anniversary someplace nice. When he called early in the week to make a reservation for Saturday night, he was surprised to find there were no openings. He instead made a reservation for Friday night and we are both thrilled that we didn't go someplace else.

The restaurant is very small (which is probably why it was not possible to get a reservation) and the ambiance was wonderful. We were quickly shown to our table which overlooked a fountain and small pond. Our waiter, Giles, was polite, attentive and knowlegeable.

The food was exquisite. My husband had the beef cheeks which he really enjoyed. I had a wonderful sheepshead (fish) that was to die for.

I would HIGHLY recommend this restaurant if you are in the area.