“Excellent Food”

Ranked #7 of 19 Restaurants in Blakeslee
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2017

We are a family of 4 with a 2 year old and a 5 year old. We saw the giant billboard on the road, and read reviews about Woody's so decided to check it out.

When I passed by I noticed that there weren't any windows out front. We entered thru the bar, and I immediately thought we had made a mistake of coming here with the kids. Luckily we were waved thru to the dining area. The small dining area was crowded with one large group, and several smaller ones. The kitchen was slow because of all of the people, but everything we ordered was delicious. I tried the chili and my husband had french onion soup. My husband had a burger, and it had a tasty real grill flavor to it. I can't remember what I had as my main course, but I remember that I liked it.

The food was better than at Shenanigan's or Nick's (but lacked the nice water view). We will definitely try it again, and if not for having a hungry 2 year old with us, the wait for the food would not have bothered us. The portions were large, a fraction of what we usually pay at Boulder View Tavern, but just as good.

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed February 11, 2017

Woody's is a rustic log cabin bar and restaurant. Country charm and good food. Large portions of real homemade food and nice prices. Small bar where you can talk with the locals. Arrive hungry otherwise you are going to be taking food home.

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank SEXYISLANDCOUPLE69
Reviewed February 1, 2017

Service was great. Its a cozy place. Additional seating area was not open. Bar is small but cozy as well. Ribs were out of this world. Gluten Friendly. Almost home cooking. This was a family outing after a day of snow tubing

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed January 19, 2017

Food was OK. We arrived over an hour before closing and ordered right away when the waitress took our orders. I told the waitress at the time of order that we will get the Full Slab of Ribs for the kids (6 and 8 years old to share as the children's menu items were only Pasta with Marinara or Chicken nuggets and fries). Our food did not arrive until after the restaurant was already closed. Than the waitress bombards me with "There is a $2 split plate charge." I was flabbergasted. I told her once again that its an adult entrée (more than three times the price of a children's menu item) to be shared among my kids. She said, "yeah, $2." Have you ever? My kids did not even eat more than 2 ribs from the full slab and we ended up bringing it home. My husband who also ordered a full slab had half a rack left. We might as well just ordered one full slab for the three of them to share. So as you can see.. it's not that we cant afford the $2.. it's just a matter of principle. You don't tell us after the fact! Hire new waitress staff and we might consider coming back or at least have more KIDS dining options so we wont be FORCED to split the plates!

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed November 23, 2016 via mobile

This is a true road house restaurant. Depending what entrance you use, you either enter the bar or you enter the dining room. The dining room is some what small, the bar is a bar with some booths. The dining room is quaint, tables and high booths. Kind of a throwback! We were two couples and had called ahead, the place wasn't crowded. We were seated quickly and our server was pleasant and attentive. We ordered Chicken Parmigiana, Shrimp Scampi, Chicken Marsalis, salad was included which were a good size. The food was very good and portions were generous. Large enough to bring half home, Chicken Parmigiana. The cost for two couples was approximately $80 with drinks.

Date of visit: November 2016