“Terrible beds”

Best Western Inn At Blakeslee-Pocono
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Blakeslee
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I have slept in over 100 hotel beds and I must say that this was the worst. My wife and I could barely get a decent night's sleep in the the nights we stayed. The final night I had it. I went to bed at around 10:30 and woke up 2:45 and refused to stay in bed. This was the first time I ever dreaded going back to the hotel and going to bed. If you don't mind beds made for scoliosis sufferers, I must say that everything else was great.
The rooms were very clean, the shower was wonderful, and the small complimentary breakfast was quite satisfying. I just hated how horrible I slept.

Room Tip: Bring your own bed.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Peg N, Owner at Best Western Inn At Blakeslee-Pocono, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We have new bedding scheduled in our renovation plans.
We hope you will return to Best Western again in the future.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

Located just off I-80 in the heart of the Pocono Mountains and within minutes driving time to ski areas and state forrests, this hotel offers very reasonable rates for family vacationers as well as business travelers. The entire facility is clean, fresh and obviously well managed. The indoor pool and sauna was well maintained and a great place for kids and adults after a day of skiing. Our room on the third floor was quiet, comfortable and of adaquate size for two adults and one child (two double beds). The furniture and fixtures were fresh and clean and did not show wear. The continental breakfast included with the room rate was adaquate and of good quality considering the room rate.
We stayed here in Feb. 2012 as part of a ski trip with our 9 year old grand daughter and plan to stay again on out next trip to the area.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the pool area may be a bit noisy depending on number of guests. As I recall, pool h...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JPKofPa
Reviewed January 8, 2012

the room and entire hotel wAs clean. staff was good.

my only complaint was the AC/heater being too loud. it would be ok if it was continuously loud, but it would go on and off. its on thermostat and the sudden loud noise can wake light sleepers.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed November 24, 2011

We were passing through and this hotel was convenient to I-80. Just stayed overnight and did not use most of the amenities. The wi-fi worked great (fast for wireless). The room was clean the bathroom spacious. The associate that checked us in was friendly. The room was pricier than expected considering it was midweek and off-season.
The only other thing is that the pillows could use updating (they were pretty lumpy).

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We lost our power and had to find a hotel in PA to stay warm-this was a very goodchoice-great value for the $$

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I've always said all I really ask for in a hotel is that it be clean, comfortable and safe. There's no denying that the Blakeslee Best Western does meet those criteria in almost every way, and I'd certainly stay there again in the future for a night or two. Unfortunately the comfort factor does come into play at least a little when considering it for longer stays. On the plus side you get plenty of towels, 3 pillows per bed, and the room is spacious. The matress was clean, and seemed new enough but halfway through the night I found myself wishing I had bothered to lug in my memory foam matress that I routinely take on trips because of my bad back and hips. I was able to sleep, but it was a very firm matress with almost no give whatsover. The bed linens were nice, not scratchy and they were clean and well cared for. And while I said the room was spacious, it almost seemed a bit empty. There was a nice table and 2 chairs but the room lacked an arm chair or other "comfy" style chair and it also lacked either a vanity or desk. This meant you had to use your laptop with the adequately fast free wifi on the small table, which meant anybody else using the table didn't have a lot of room to work with. The room also did not have a mini-fridge, which I knew when I reserved it. I guess I hadn't realized how accustomed I've become to this feature of hotels. Its nice to be able to keep a drink cold without fussing with the ice bucket. When my husband and I talked about it the next day we realized we couldn't think of a single hotel we'd stayed in for the past 5 years or so that cost more then $75 a night and didn't have a fridge. It was fine for a night, or two but I wouldn't stay there for longer because of the inability to bring leftovers back to the room, or keep small snacks and beverages cold. If you're going to be somewhere for even 3-4 days you're probably going to want to be able to do that. We didn't take advantage of the free breakfast offered, choosing instead to sleep in but other reviewers were right when they said the area used for it was positively tiny.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Skye23
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Nice hotel in the Pocono Mountains. Charged $10.00 a night in case you use the phone. Local calls are free, and got back the $10.00 but did not appreciate them charging my card.

Room Tip: Only 3 floors, therefore no one above us.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blakeslee
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
#2 of 6 in White Haven
Best Western Plus Poconos Hotel

Been to Best Western Inn At Blakeslee-Pocono? Share your experiences!