“AC/Heater loud”

Best Western Inn At Blakeslee-Pocono
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Blakeslee
Reviewed January 8, 2012

the room and entire hotel wAs clean. staff was good.

my only complaint was the AC/heater being too loud. it would be ok if it was continuously loud, but it would go on and off. its on thermostat and the sudden loud noise can wake light sleepers.

• Stayed: January 2012

Reviewed November 24, 2011

We were passing through and this hotel was convenient to I-80. Just stayed overnight and did not use most of the amenities. The wi-fi worked great (fast for wireless). The room was clean the bathroom spacious. The associate that checked us in was friendly. The room was pricier than expected considering it was midweek and off-season.
The only other thing is that the pillows could use updating (they were pretty lumpy).

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We lost our power and had to find a hotel in PA to stay warm-this was a very goodchoice-great value for the $$

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I've always said all I really ask for in a hotel is that it be clean, comfortable and safe. There's no denying that the Blakeslee Best Western does meet those criteria in almost every way, and I'd certainly stay there again in the future for a night or two. Unfortunately the comfort factor does come into play at least a little when considering it for longer stays. On the plus side you get plenty of towels, 3 pillows per bed, and the room is spacious. The matress was clean, and seemed new enough but halfway through the night I found myself wishing I had bothered to lug in my memory foam matress that I routinely take on trips because of my bad back and hips. I was able to sleep, but it was a very firm matress with almost no give whatsover. The bed linens were nice, not scratchy and they were clean and well cared for. And while I said the room was spacious, it almost seemed a bit empty. There was a nice table and 2 chairs but the room lacked an arm chair or other "comfy" style chair and it also lacked either a vanity or desk. This meant you had to use your laptop with the adequately fast free wifi on the small table, which meant anybody else using the table didn't have a lot of room to work with. The room also did not have a mini-fridge, which I knew when I reserved it. I guess I hadn't realized how accustomed I've become to this feature of hotels. Its nice to be able to keep a drink cold without fussing with the ice bucket. When my husband and I talked about it the next day we realized we couldn't think of a single hotel we'd stayed in for the past 5 years or so that cost more then $75 a night and didn't have a fridge. It was fine for a night, or two but I wouldn't stay there for longer because of the inability to bring leftovers back to the room, or keep small snacks and beverages cold. If you're going to be somewhere for even 3-4 days you're probably going to want to be able to do that. We didn't take advantage of the free breakfast offered, choosing instead to sleep in but other reviewers were right when they said the area used for it was positively tiny.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Skye23
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Nice hotel in the Pocono Mountains. Charged $10.00 a night in case you use the phone. Local calls are free, and got back the $10.00 but did not appreciate them charging my card.

Room Tip: Only 3 floors, therefore no one above us.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2011

location very good for this hotel but we stayed in october and it is located in a ski resort area so it would be better suited in that season. very friendly staff rooms were average. the breakfast was poor. no choice and bland . not like other best westerns in usa. indoor pool was a nice touch after a long drive from toronto. nice average stopover.

Room Tip: stay in winter
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Peg N, Owner at Best Western Inn At Blakeslee-Pocono, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2011

Thank you for staying at Best Western Blakeslee-Pocono.
We are in the process of upgrading our breakfast area and the selections on the breakfast buffet and will be offering a wider variety of items.
We hope to see you again this winter during ski season.
Peg Neison, GM

Reviewed September 27, 2011

Had a great overnight stay...very convenient to local attractions. Nice sized room and a great sauna and indoor pool. We were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Peg N, Owner at Best Western Inn At Blakeslee-Pocono, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Thank you for your favorable review.
We strive to offer the finest in service and facilities and are happy you enjoyed your stay.
Peg Neison, GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blakeslee
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
11 mi away
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Best Western Inn At Blakeslee-Pocono? Share your experiences!