“Love staying at this hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville

Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blairsville
Big Rapids, Michigan
“Love staying at this hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

After a nine hour drive, I like being greeted by the friendly staff at this hotel. The rooms are clean and quiet, the pool area is clean, and the buffet breakfast is AWESOME! I've stayed at this hotel five times in the past 1 1/2 years and have never been disappointed. The last time I stayed, i was by myself and, as a female, I felt totally safe here. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TA223, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at our hotel! So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hampton hospitality. We certainly appreciate your kind comments and look forward to seeing you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Hotel was great as I was ready to collapse after a 6 hour drive. But there was a traveling Hockey Team of young children staying at the hotel. Parents left these young children up to their own devices and everyone knows what happens then . . . Parents from large groups of children staying at a hotel should not be allowed to leave these large groups of young children alone in the hotel. Hotel staff made every attempt to fix the situation, but parents were missing. Breakfast was very good. Could have used a microwave in the breakfast area.

Room Tip: All are very, very good. You should check to see if there are any traveling sports teams staying be...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello and thank you for your review! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast selections and am very sorry to hear that you were inconvenienced by other guests during any point in your stay. While we do our best to create policies and work to encourage large groups to be mindful and respectful to other guests, our best efforts are not always met with cooperation. Please be assured that the issues are handled by our staff as efficiently as possible and in this case were forwarded on to our management which resulted in resolution of some of the noise issues during the course of the evening. We invite you back to stay with us when you're in town again!
Hebron, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

This hotel was close to where we needed to be for our son at Wyotech and the staff was very friendly. We appreciate having somewhere comfortable to stay after making a 350 mile drive! The front desk staff was very helpful, especially Sue.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TA223, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will certainly let Sue know that she contributed to your enjoyment. It’s difficult to find amazing team members, but we are pretty proud of our selection. We hope to see you again soon!
dallas, tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

You can not ask for better service, staff, breakfast...I have nothing but praise for this property. My favorite hotel of all hotels I have stayed in. I would stay here again and have recommended to
friends and other business associates.

Room Tip: Ask for room with view of golf course...it is beautiful.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Your comments about your stay at our hotel made us smile. We know it’s the little things that make your stay more comfortable and we thank you very much for taking the time to write us such a glowing review! Please pay us another visit when you are in town and be sure to stop by the front desk and let us know you are here - we would love to thank you in person!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I had a great stay at this hotel. The room was clean, both check-in and check-out were fast and seamless, the staff was kind and helpful, and the complementary breakfast was good. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay at our hotel. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels!
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Was in the middle of a very cold Pittsburgh winter so I suggested we burn some HHonors points and book a reasonably nearby hotel with an indoor pool.

I looked at what Hilton properties were within a 50 mile area and compared them with some tripadvisor’s reviews. After a bit of ciphering I pulled the trigger and spent the night at the Hampton Inn and Suites Blairsville and was pleased I did.

I booked a Studio Suite which required the same number of HHonors points as the other rooms. I have found in my travels that the word suite is used a lot lately. In this case the room was very clean and accommodating, but I would better characterize it as a very large room as opposed to a suite.

The whole property including the rooms were very well kept and the service some of the best I have received in any of my travels with staff more than accommodating. Our two year old was crying as they wanted milk at 3 am and we relented, but didn’t have to drive to a convenience store as the night desk went back to the pantry and brought us a cup.

This Hampton property had a small ‘store’ that offered quite a bit of items including snacks etc.. (oddly they did not have milk) but I was shocked and delighted to see how reasonable the prices were. Beers were 3.00 and a large glass of wine 6.00. Non alcoholic drinks and snacks were about what you’d pay at a convenience store.

As for the pool, the reason we stayed, it was fantastic because it was well kept and warm. While not huge but it served its purpose, plus we had the pool to ourselves as no other guests were swimming when we were there. I have noted that most indoor pools are a bit chilly leading to my kids shivering after swimming for just a bit, as I said above I am happy to say the heated indoor pool was actually pretty warm and it was nice to be swimming and looking out all of the windows at a golf course covered in snow. The hot tub was nice too, and was about average as hotel hot tubs go on temperature. I will note that the fitness center was being renovated; we didn’t come to use it but be aware if that is part of your needs.

All in all I would return, the kids are already asking when we are going swimming again. Will probably burn some more points in the near future.

Room Tip: Ask for a nice view of golf course.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Just wanted to say thank you for your recent stay here at our hotel, we are very glad you chose us to redeem your rewards points, and are glad you were able to experience our warm Hamptonality. We can’t wait to see you again soon. Isn't the pool a fun feature? We have had many guests comment on how unique it is to be swimming inside while watching the flakes fall on the beautiful snow-covered golf courses just outside the glass. If there is anything we can do to improve our services please let us know. We are all about making your stay the best it can be. Thanks again!
Bluffton, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

As the general manager of another hotel whom has worked in the hospitality industry for many years and been afforded the opportunity to visit many properties across the globe, this particular Hampton Inn consistently impresses me during each and every stay and sets the bar high for the brand as a whole (which says a lot, as my line of work requires me to be a bit picky!). I am fortunate enough to have family that lives in the Blairsville area, which allows me to visit this Hampton Inn whenever I return home for visits every six months or so. The staff is always friendly and helpful, the rooms are consistently spotless and cozy, and the varied hot breakfast is a delicious start to every day. I spent this Thanksgiving week in Blairsville and due to low occupancy was upgraded to a suite. While the rooms here are always nice and comfortable, this time was especially great! After visiting with family and getting back to my room late in the evening, I was greeted by a "Happy Thanksgiving Day" card that had been signed by the staff and slipped under my door. What a nice and personal touch! I tell you what, the entire staff at this hotel is always on top of their game and really knows how to "wow" even the most finicky of guests. There is no question as to why they have held the #1 Trip Advisor position for hotels in the Blairsville area for as long as they have. I could never imagine staying anywhere else. Thanks for the wonderful week while I was in town!! See you all again sometime this summer!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TA223, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
I’m so glad you were able to experience our warm Hamptonality. We are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. It is very meaningful to our team to hear compliments from another in the hospitality industry. I want to sincerely thank you for choosing to stay with us when you are in town and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Please ask for me personally when you do get a chance to stop by again, as I would love to thank you personally for your kind comments and your continued loyalty to us, it means a lot to all of our staff.
Tiffany Aiello
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blairsville
Hampton Inn Indiana
Park Inn by Radisson Indiana
Quality Inn and Suites
Quality Inn and Suites
#5 of 7 in Johnstown

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville? Share your experiences!