“Nice clean hotel, would definitely recommend”

Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blairsville
Manahawkin, New Jersey
“Nice clean hotel, would definitely recommend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed here during family weekend event at IUP. Local Hampton (Indiana) was booked, and I have previously overheard the Hampton Indiana manager refer overbooks to Blairsville. This hotel is only 12 miles from Indiana, directly down a four lane highway. I was not disappointed with the accommodations here and our overall stay was great. I have to agree with previous reviewers, I would recommend this hotel to others, and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Tiffanyaiello, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
I really want to thank you for taking the time and providing us with this positive feedback. Thank you for noting the referral from our sister Hampton in Indiana, and as you mentioned, we are happy to offer IUP guests a scenic alternative just down the highway here in Blairsville. We certainly appreciate our IUP families who choose to stay with us, and we hope to see you back at the Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville during your next visit to the Indiana County area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Guilford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

We went to Blairsville to attend our son's graduation from Wyotech. Since this was the closest hotel to the school, we booked it without much research. My husband and I were greeted warmly by the front desk girl who actually grew up in the town we live in. We had reserved a King room with an AARP discount, but after talking to the girl, we found out we qualified for a bigger discount. It seems they give a very nice discount to family of Wyotech students. We were quite happy to see them take another $25 off our bill. When we got to our room, we were very impressed. It was very large and immaculate. There was an area with a sink, microwave, coffee maker and fridge. There was even a complimentary bag of microwave popcorn. The bed was extremely comfortable and so were the pillows. It was nice to have the convenience to walk to the restaurant next door too. All in all, we were very impressed with this hotel and would stay here again if we are ever in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. Our guest's feedback is very important to us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville so we can continue to improve and impress! I'm happy to hear that you enjoy the location and convenience of our hotel to Wyotech. We understand that our guests have options when looking for a hotel and we appreciate it when guests such as yourself make us your choice and hope that you will be back again to see us. We hope you are enjoying a great autumn and we look forward to your next stay at our hotel. Until then, safe travels!
Damascus, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

The hotel was definitely more than I expected. The description of it and its room online sounded as if it was going to be just ok but it is pretty nice. We had a suite where everything seemed to be new. It was clean. The staff were friendly. They also had a spa and a golf course to my surprise. They even offer a free breakfast from 6-10,

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Tiffanyaiello, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville, responded to this review, September 25, 2011
We are very happy to hear that you were pleased with the amenities you discovered at our hotel. Our staff does work hard to ensure that each room and all areas of the hotel are kept to a high standard of cleanliness and appreciate when our guests take the time to share that they enjoyed a stay with us. I hope that you were able to take some time to enjoy the spa and hit a few golf balls on the course. We are happy to be able to provide guests with some options for relaxation, pampering, dining and entertainment while they visit. Thank you for taking the time to give us some great feedback, and we certainly hope to see you as a visitor again in the future!
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

What I mean by the heading is the Hampton is a very nice hotel bordering a great golf course. Unfortunately the rest of Blairsville is a dump.

So here is my story, all completely true. I stayed here twice within the last few months. My most recent trip I checked in, got everything moved into my room and just looked around while waiting for some co-workers to show up. When one of my coworkers did arrive I walked in with him while he was checking in. He got checked in and the lady at the counter asked me if I would have a problem moving rooms that mine was scheduled to have maintenance done. I was like oh sure thats no problem. She moved me right across the hall.

That night just as I had gotten into bed which was around 9:30 pm. I heard a ruckus in the hallway. Sounded like a fight, "heard drop the knife". As things settled down and all I could hear was groans I thought dang someone might need help. So I poke my head out the door and low and behold about 8 troopers had a guy on the ground. I come to find out by listening that it was a drug bust. My cowerkers and I meet in the hall as they have the dealer in the room searching it. We were all like OMG did you see that? And we go about our business and I get back to bed. I couldnt sleep at all that night, the room they told me they needed for maintenance was the room they put the drug dealer in. I dont care about being lied to, I know they arent going to tell me they have a sting in place. But please do not put me in harms way. They go and move me right across the hall all knowing this was gong down. I could have walked out there and gotten shot by a cop, killed by a drug dealer, detained. Who knows. DONT PUT ME IN HARMS WAY THOUGH. I value my life and didnt appreciate being moved right there when they knew what was going to happen that night.

As far as the hotel goes. Its very nice. Its a shame that this town is riddled with crime. Other than being put in a dangerous situation i didnt have a single issue with this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Tiffanyaiello, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville, responded to this review, September 25, 2011
I apologize that you did not feel safe while staying at our hotel. I would like address your concerns about being lied to and placed in harms way. The hotel did indeed have a pending maintenance problem with that particular room that was later repaired and then another guest was checked into it. I can assure you that the hotel was unaware of any "sting" operation being conducted, and your move across the hall was not one made to inconvenience you. Law enforcement assured us that at no time were any guests or hotel staff put at risk during the arrest of the suspect that you witnessed. Due diligence was exercised in all aspects of the job that was done in this instance.

While it is unfortunate that these unsavory characters checked into our hotel that night, I am pleased that our local law enforcement and State Police did such a fine job protecting our community, our guests and our hotel.

I do hope that this experience will not keep you from staying with us again should your travels bring you back to our area.
Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

First generation Hampton Inns were solid, safe and soundproof. We stayed at this newer Hampton over the Labor Day weekend and had a family above us who allowed their children to frolic, run around and jump off the beds from 7PM until 3AM. Not only could we hear loud thumping for 8 hours, but we could hear laughing and shouting. Walls and even floors seemed paper-thin. I have always stayed at Hampton Inns when traveling by car. It just seems that their construction methods are much shoddier than in the past and the unbearable noise from above is proof of that. This is one of the noisiest Hampton Inns I have stayed in. Rooms and amenities were as expected. They even provided ear plugs, but I suggest Hampton should invest in some soundproofing instead.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
I apologize that you felt your stay with us was less that perfect. Although it may be true that all Hamptons are not built the same, I believe our hotel meets the required building codes and Hampton standards. I apologize that the guests above your room disturbed you from receiving a restful nights sleep. May I encourage you, if this situation should arise in the future, that you call the front desk attendant on duty. They are there to assist you 24 hours a day and are well trained to deal with these types of situations quickly and efficiently. Often the offenders are unaware that they are disturbing others and will quiet themselves immediately.

I do hope that this experience will not keep you from staying with us again should your travels bring you back to Blairsville! We welcome you back and hope to see you again.
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Blairsville, PA to attend a friend's wedding held on the resort's grounds. The Hotel was easy to find off of the highway. The hotel was clean and the room had a great view of the surrounding hills and golf courses. The hotel connected to the reception area and made for ease throughout the evening. There was a complimentary breakfast in the morning - very good hash browns. If I ventured back to the Blairsville area and had to spend the night - I would definitely return to the Hampton Inn & Suites.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Tiffanyaiello, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville, responded to this review, August 5, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I am glad you enjoyed your event here, and the convenience of the hotel being adjacent to Chestnut Ridge Golf Resort & Conference Center. Year-round we are able to enjoy the beautiful mountain ridge views that surrounds us, and I am so glad you were able to escape the city and enjoy them! As well, we are always glad to know that guests notice our housekeepers' attention to detail. They certainly take pride in their work here.
Thanks again. We hope to have the honor of welcoming you again soon!
Alexandria, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

We were pleasantly surprised at the great location and grounds of the Hampton Inn. The hotel was built 4 years ago and is adjacent to the Chestnut Ridge Golf Resort & Conference Center (with golf course views). The rooms were very clean and large. The breakfast was great and included fresh fruit, make your own waffles along with the regular continental breakfast and hot breakfast items. I will definitely come back to this hotel and have already recommended it to family and friends.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Tiffanyaiello, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
What a beautiful photo you captured, thank you for sharing it and thank you for your comments. We appreciate hearing that you enjoyed breakfast and were able to take in some of the great views of the mountain ridge. Our staff does work very hard to ensure our facilities are well maintained and clean for each visitor that stays, and I will be happy to share your positive comments with them. It is always great to hear from our guests! Please come back and visit us again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blairsville
Hilton Garden Inn Indiana at IUP
Park Inn by Radisson Indiana
Quality Inn and Suites
Quality Inn and Suites
#5 of 7 in Johnstown

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville? Share your experiences!