What I mean by the heading is the Hampton is a very nice hotel bordering a great golf course. Unfortunately the rest of Blairsville is a dump.
So here is my story, all completely true. I stayed here twice within the last few months. My most recent trip I checked in, got everything moved into my room and just looked around while waiting for some co-workers to show up. When one of my coworkers did arrive I walked in with him while he was checking in. He got checked in and the lady at the counter asked me if I would have a problem moving rooms that mine was scheduled to have maintenance done. I was like oh sure thats no problem. She moved me right across the hall.
That night just as I had gotten into bed which was around 9:30 pm. I heard a ruckus in the hallway. Sounded like a fight, "heard drop the knife". As things settled down and all I could hear was groans I thought dang someone might need help. So I poke my head out the door and low and behold about 8 troopers had a guy on the ground. I come to find out by listening that it was a drug bust. My cowerkers and I meet in the hall as they have the dealer in the room searching it. We were all like OMG did you see that? And we go about our business and I get back to bed. I couldnt sleep at all that night, the room they told me they needed for maintenance was the room they put the drug dealer in. I dont care about being lied to, I know they arent going to tell me they have a sting in place. But please do not put me in harms way. They go and move me right across the hall all knowing this was gong down. I could have walked out there and gotten shot by a cop, killed by a drug dealer, detained. Who knows. DONT PUT ME IN HARMS WAY THOUGH. I value my life and didnt appreciate being moved right there when they knew what was going to happen that night.
As far as the hotel goes. Its very nice. Its a shame that this town is riddled with crime. Other than being put in a dangerous situation i didnt have a single issue with this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville is located next to the Chestnut Ridge Golf & Conference Center Resort, near several historical sites and area attractions. Newly renovated in 2017, we welcome you to unwind in our clean and fresh Hampton beds, enjoy free hot breakfast, free WiFi, work out in our newly expanded fitness center, relax on our new outdoor patio with grill & fire pit, try your hand at 2 championship golf courses and access to our beautiful indoor pool and hot tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville at Chestnut Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville Hotel Blairsville
- Hampton Inn And Suites Blairsville
- Hampton Inn Blairsville
- Blairsville Hampton Inn