“A diamond in a pile of trash”

Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville at Chestnut Ridge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blairsville
Reviewed September 21, 2011

What I mean by the heading is the Hampton is a very nice hotel bordering a great golf course. Unfortunately the rest of Blairsville is a dump.

So here is my story, all completely true. I stayed here twice within the last few months. My most recent trip I checked in, got everything moved into my room and just looked around while waiting for some co-workers to show up. When one of my coworkers did arrive I walked in with him while he was checking in. He got checked in and the lady at the counter asked me if I would have a problem moving rooms that mine was scheduled to have maintenance done. I was like oh sure thats no problem. She moved me right across the hall.

That night just as I had gotten into bed which was around 9:30 pm. I heard a ruckus in the hallway. Sounded like a fight, "heard drop the knife". As things settled down and all I could hear was groans I thought dang someone might need help. So I poke my head out the door and low and behold about 8 troopers had a guy on the ground. I come to find out by listening that it was a drug bust. My cowerkers and I meet in the hall as they have the dealer in the room searching it. We were all like OMG did you see that? And we go about our business and I get back to bed. I couldnt sleep at all that night, the room they told me they needed for maintenance was the room they put the drug dealer in. I dont care about being lied to, I know they arent going to tell me they have a sting in place. But please do not put me in harms way. They go and move me right across the hall all knowing this was gong down. I could have walked out there and gotten shot by a cop, killed by a drug dealer, detained. Who knows. DONT PUT ME IN HARMS WAY THOUGH. I value my life and didnt appreciate being moved right there when they knew what was going to happen that night.

As far as the hotel goes. Its very nice. Its a shame that this town is riddled with crime. Other than being put in a dangerous situation i didnt have a single issue with this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Tiffanyaiello, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville at Chestnut Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2011

I apologize that you did not feel safe while staying at our hotel. I would like address your concerns about being lied to and placed in harms way. The hotel did indeed have a pending maintenance problem with that particular room that was later repaired and then another guest was checked into it. I can assure you that the hotel was unaware of any "sting" operation being conducted, and your move across the hall was not one made to inconvenience you. Law enforcement assured us that at no time were any guests or hotel staff put at risk during the arrest of the suspect that you witnessed. Due diligence was exercised in all aspects of the job that was done in this instance.

While it is unfortunate that these unsavory characters checked into our hotel that night, I am pleased that our local law enforcement and State Police did such a fine job protecting our community, our guests and our hotel.

I do hope that this experience will not keep you from staying with us again should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed September 6, 2011

First generation Hampton Inns were solid, safe and soundproof. We stayed at this newer Hampton over the Labor Day weekend and had a family above us who allowed their children to frolic, run around and jump off the beds from 7PM until 3AM. Not only could we hear loud thumping for 8 hours, but we could hear laughing and shouting. Walls and even floors seemed paper-thin. I have always stayed at Hampton Inns when traveling by car. It just seems that their construction methods are much shoddier than in the past and the unbearable noise from above is proof of that. This is one of the noisiest Hampton Inns I have stayed in. Rooms and amenities were as expected. They even provided ear plugs, but I suggest Hampton should invest in some soundproofing instead.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

I apologize that you felt your stay with us was less that perfect. Although it may be true that all Hamptons are not built the same, I believe our hotel meets the required building codes and Hampton standards. I apologize that the guests above your room disturbed you from receiving a restful nights sleep. May I encourage you, if this situation should arise in the future, that you call the front desk attendant on duty. They are there to assist you 24 hours a day and are well trained to deal with these types of situations quickly and efficiently. Often the offenders are unaware that they are disturbing others and will quiet themselves immediately.

I do hope that this experience will not keep you from staying with us again should your travels bring you back to Blairsville! We welcome you back and hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Blairsville, PA to attend a friend's wedding held on the resort's grounds. The Hotel was easy to find off of the highway. The hotel was clean and the room had a great view of the surrounding hills and golf courses. The hotel connected to the reception area and made for ease throughout the evening. There was a complimentary breakfast in the morning - very good hash browns. If I ventured back to the Blairsville area and had to spend the night - I would definitely return to the Hampton Inn & Suites.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Tiffanyaiello, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville at Chestnut Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I am glad you enjoyed your event here, and the convenience of the hotel being adjacent to Chestnut Ridge Golf Resort & Conference Center. Year-round we are able to enjoy the beautiful mountain ridge views that surrounds us, and I am so glad you were able to escape the city and enjoy them! As well, we are always glad to know that guests notice our housekeepers' attention to detail. They certainly take pride in their work here.
Thanks again. We hope to have the honor of welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed July 7, 2011

We were pleasantly surprised at the great location and grounds of the Hampton Inn. The hotel was built 4 years ago and is adjacent to the Chestnut Ridge Golf Resort & Conference Center (with golf course views). The rooms were very clean and large. The breakfast was great and included fresh fruit, make your own waffles along with the regular continental breakfast and hot breakfast items. I will definitely come back to this hotel and have already recommended it to family and friends.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Tiffanyaiello, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville at Chestnut Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2011

What a beautiful photo you captured, thank you for sharing it and thank you for your comments. We appreciate hearing that you enjoyed breakfast and were able to take in some of the great views of the mountain ridge. Our staff does work very hard to ensure our facilities are well maintained and clean for each visitor that stays, and I will be happy to share your positive comments with them. It is always great to hear from our guests! Please come back and visit us again!

Reviewed June 29, 2011

I honestly think that this was the best hotel that I have ever stayed in, hands down. Truly I was impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel (which is saying a lot since I am quite the germaphobe), the friendliness & helpfulness of all the hotel staff, as well as the delicious breakfast that they provide. I felt like they responded quickly to any request that we made, making us feel like the customer was a priority. We stayed 2 nights, and had such a wonderful experience that I think I could have stayed a week! I had encounters with several housekeeping staff, a maintenance man, front desk staff, & dining room staff--all of which were nothing but positive. I have never in my life had such consistent A+++ service at a hotel before this! Thank you for the great experience!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank meg778
Tiffanyaiello, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville at Chestnut Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2011

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville! I am very happy that we were able to meet your expectations and you were pleased with your experience. Our staff works very hard to uphold a level of service and cleanliness in our hotel that we are proud of. I thank you for the kind review and have shared your comments with our team members.
I do hope your travel plans bring you back to the Blairsville area again in the future - we will have a warm and relaxing room awaiting your arrival! Please contact me directly when you are here, I would love to meet you personally thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed June 23, 2011

Checking into the hotel was a breeze. Kenny at the front desk went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed the entire weekend. He was very friendly and accommodating. He did upgrade our room to a suite. The room was clean and had all the amenities. Had pizza delivered to the back patio area from Domino's that was delicious and came in less time than the 30 minutes they estimated. Have stayed at this hotel before and once again has exceeded my expectations! Great job to the staff!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. Your comments are valued and appreciated, and have been shared with our staff. We were extremely pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and the hotel service and amenities. From our Hampton family to yours, safe travels and if you will be a visitor to the area again soon, we certainly look forward to your return!

Reviewed March 25, 2011

Our company needed to make a good impression with our biggest customer. We used this facility and the staff was very helpful, taking good care of our special requests!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
TA223, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville at Chestnut Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

We are delighted to hear that we were able to allow you to have a worry-free and pleasant experience with us! Thank you very much for your kind comments, our staff will appreciate hearing your feedback. Please be sure to stop and see us again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blairsville
Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown
Park Inn by Radisson Indiana
Hampton Inn Johnstown
Hampton Inn Johnstown
#1 of 7 in Johnstown

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville at Chestnut Ridge? Share your experiences!