“Quaint and perfect for a couple's night out!”

Christine's Creekside Inn
Ranked #16 of 19 Restaurants in Birdsboro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 610-582-8150
Reviewed March 9, 2015

Great choice to celebrate a holiday or other special occasion. Service was special with attention to detail and assurance of your satisfaction. Meals were described if requested.

1  Thank MsDoey

Reviewed February 27, 2015

My wife and I looked forward to trying CCI as their website makes an attractive impression and the menu is enticing. As is the case with many of SE Pennsylvania's better restaurants, this one is in the middle of nowhere. From the outside, it appeared to be a charming old stucco inn. So far so good. Upon entering, we were led up two short flights of stairs and seated in a rather small room with cheap wood paneling; the type you would find in an old house trailer.
Our server took our drink order, a martini for me and a chocolate martini for my wife.
The drinks took too long and we ordered an appetizer and our entrees. The appetizer was shrimp wrapped in bacon at $9.99. This turned out to be 4 overdone medium sized shrimp. They tasted good, but we were disappointed with the number and size. After about 30 minutes, our dinners came out. This was when we suspected we were being robbed. I had ordered the Broiled Seafood Sampler and Pam ordered the Rack of Lamb. We couldn't believe our eyes!
First the Seafood Combo($30):
There were 5 little white marble sized rubbery balls that they called diver dry deep sea scallops. They were those little bay scallops.There were 5 little(1 1/4" pink translucent shrimp like you see at a salad bar. Add on two small smelly fish fillets billed as flounder. Who knows? There was a crab cake with none of the lump crab meat one would expect at a good restaurant.
Second, the Rack of Lamb($35):
Ho ho! No rack, just 4 lamb chops 3/8" thick lying flat in the shape of a pinwheel. They were so tough as to render them almost inedible. Pam liked her potatoes and salad though.
In my opinion, this place knows exactly what they're doing. There's no way the food we were served could be confused with an honest effort at providing fine dining. Before our $25 Restaurant.com coupon, the bill was $133. That included 3 drinks @$12 each. We weren't aware of the drink prices until the check came, as the drink prices aren't listed anywhere.
Word to the wise; don't fall for this scam at Christine's Creekside Inn.

3  Thank Adamstrim
Reviewed September 20, 2014

Please dont go to this restaurant if you have restaurant.com certificate. You will get smaller portions tougher steaks and 4 ounce Margaritias and lousy service. I called and left 2 messages at this restaurant for the owner to call me back before I wrote this review.They take all kinds of coupons but make so many rules that the coupons are close to useless.Its a Creekside Inn but we were not allowed to sit in the nice dining room with the creek view.We were told that a wedding was in there. We got there at 745pm and left at 9pm there was no wedding in that room and on a Saturday night only 4 tables in the back dining room without the view.They had signs all over that 18% gratuity was automatically added the bill with restaurant.com. That is totally against restaurant.com rules.They did not care. My drink was about 4 ounces not in a margarita glass. My 12 ounce steak was about 8 ounces and tough and over cooked.with the coupon the bill was almost $55. As soon as we ordered our waitress said if we ordered what we originally wanted we would not make up the $50 total we needed.Most times you order what you want and if short order dessert.This place cares more about how much you spend then how happy you are with the food

4  Thank Larrybbwadmirer
Douglas D, Owner at Christine's Creekside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2014

Hello again Larry:

Although I have already communicated with you about this matter after your continuous phone calls and emails, I feel I need to ease your mind a bit more. Yes, we offer restaurant.com certificates along with many other coupons so our customers can learn who we are and try us out. We would NEVER and have NEVER served smaller portions or different meals because of a discount. We treat every customer with our absolute best food and service. Like I have already told you I was there the night of your visit and saw what had happened. You not only had one but TWO servers that evening waiting on you. I heard the server give you a heads up about the minimum on your certificate and SHE said you could always order dessert or coffee at the end, and I heard YOU decide to change your meals. I also heard the server offer you another meal when you said "half of the steak was over cooked". You refused the new meal. We strive for superb service and food here and want all of our customers to be happy.

The window room was closed due to a wedding, the staff was correct on that. They were setting the room up for a wedding the next day and if they would have sat you in there it would have been loud and I believe you would not have been happy. Reservations are always suggested, specifically if you would like to sit in a certain room/table. I believe you did not have a reservation that evening.

Also I understand you are upset about the 18% gratuity being added to your bill. Our policy states that we do add the 18% but the customer is NEVER required to pay it. It is there so the customer is aware of the correct tip for that not everyone is positive if they should tip on the before or after total. Two servers explained this to you, You were able to opt out of the 18% in which you did and tip the server 8%.

I apologize you did not enjoy your experience and we hope you try us again. We always want our customers to enjoy their experience.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We don't live too far away from this restaurant, so when I saw a double deals coupon, we decided to try it. The building itself is historic and very nice. When we got our rolls and garden salad, I thought for sure we picked a winner. The rolls were warm and wonderful and the salad was fresh and crispy with the best homemade bleu cheese dressing. That is where it ended. My husband and I both ordered the flounder with crabmeat. It had absolutely no taste at all. It was like eating cardboard. We didn't want dessert, just the check. That's when we found out, that it's the restaurant policy to automatically tack on an 18% gratuity to the check. There was just the two of us. I thought it customary to add 18% for a table of six or more. Even though it says on their website that prices for their meals are fair, this is just not the case. I wouldn't have minded paying a high price for our meals if there were some taste to it. Never again.

5  Thank PottstownTurtlelover
Douglas D, Owner at Christine's Creekside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2014

Thank you for your response. Our sincerest apologies for your unhappiness with your meals. Please know we will always get you another meal if your are unhappy with the first one. Also, yes, our policy states we add 18% gratuity on promotional discounts however, the customer is NOT REQUIREDto pay it. The customer is ALWAYS aloud to opt out of the gratuity. The policy is in place to show the customer the proper tip amount for not everyone is familiar with adding the tip. We hope you try us another time and again we are so sorry for your bad experience.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Small restaurant with a beautiful location overlooking the creek. Good food, with good service. We've gone there many times, and have never been disappointed.

2  Thank Dave E