“Nice Place”
Review of Orchard Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bird in Hand
Orchard Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Bird in Hand B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I haven't stayed in a motel for quite some time. This place is very clean and the grounds are beautiful.. I can understand why people rave about it. They supply a simple breakfast. My two complaints were the pillows (very flat) and I would like to see an upgraded bathroom with the sink in the bathroom. I don't like to come out without washing hands first. My other issue would be, that I would not stay in the summer because I would be afraid of bugs getting in the room, the cleaning staff has to leave the doors open... It would be nice if they could install simple screen doors... Then I would have no problem staying in the summer. lol.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mittmott

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was our second year at the Orchard Inn. My girlfriend and I visit PA every October and the Orchard Inn is by far the best inn we've stayed at. A friendly, warm and inviting inn. The staff members are always smiling and so eager to help with whatever you may need. The surrounding countryside is exquisite. We can't say enough about the beds. You just don't want to get out of bed; they are that comfortable. The best night's sleep ever. Thank you Orchard Inn. We'll be back in 2014.

Room Tip: Every room has a great view of the countryside.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were just at Orchard Inn the last week-end of Sept. and as usual had am amazing stay there. Thank you Phyllis for your lovely smile and welcome every day and all the information you gave us about the area and places to go. What a gem you are.

This is our 2nd time at the Orchard Inn, couldn't wait to come back and already wondering how to fit another trip in. The rooms are beautiful and so well-kept, loved the breakfasts (esp. the homemade yogurt, which I got some to take home from Kauffmanns) and enjoyed sitting outside in the evenings, just "listening" to the silence.

Enjoyed meeting the owner, Susie, and will keep her in my prayers for full health.

If you go to Amish country in Pa. this is the place to stay at. Forget the chain places or on the main road ones. This is a taste of the real Pa. Dutch world.

Visit the horses across the road, they like company. I bring them apples that have fallen on the ground as a treat.

See you soon.

Room Tip: Go for rooms 1-3 if want good reception on WiFi. But can always sit in the pretty homey lobby and c...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

My Mom and I take a trip every October to the Lancaster area. This year we stayed at the orchard Inn. I am a review reader and made my choice based on the reviews of past guests. The place is such a great find in a delightful location. Everything was super clean and the beds were so comfortable. The breakfast was just right (coffee, juice, cold cereals, homemade yogurt, homemade bread, bananas and apples). We took our breakfast outside and enjoyed the beautiful morning. The lady at the desk was so pleasant and helpful. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank ms410913
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is the second time that I have been to this motel , it was great again , we went on a family trip and I did bring my parents , my 25 year old daughter and my 9 year old granddaughter , great internet connection in rooms 1 & 2 , also room 2 is a king room with great chairs ,,,, everything was SUPER clean and very quiet ,,,, as far as children go , there is no pool or to much for them to do ,,,,but to me it is more of an adult kind of place to get away from it all . I also like the fact that it is tucked away in the farm lands .

Room Tip: room 1 & 2 great internet ,,,, room 2 great chairs to kick back and watch a little tv
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My family and I spent last night here; the next time we visit Lancaster County, we definitely know where we'll stay! The Orchard Inn is situated in a beautiful rural area that seems a million miles away from the touristy areas but is just a short distance from Route 340. We had 2 rooms; both were very nicely furnished and immaculately clean. All personnel we met were extremely helpful and pleasant. The views from the property are absolutely beautiful. Pride of ownership is clearly evident. I highly recommend the Orchard Inn for those looking for charming accommodations in a picturesque area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Nicely sized room, comfortable and clean with a homey feel. The refrigerator kept all of the Amish goodies we purchased fresh. The microwave oven and coffee maker were an added plus. The beds are very comfortable. We had a good sleep followed by a somewhat limited continental breakfast. The motel is in a very quiet setting but close to the center of Bird in Hand and not far from all attractions. We would definitely stay again on our return to the Pennsylvania Dutch.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#1 of 40 in Lancaster
Bird-in-Hand Village Inn & Suites

Been to Orchard Inn? Share your experiences!