“Loved it”

Ranked #4 of 4 Bird in Hand B&B and Inns
Pocahontas, Illinois
“Loved it”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Beautiful grounds, lovely room, very nice hostess, and a great breakfast. Very relaxed atmosphere. Close to many shops and main road but manages to remain quiet and peaceful. I look forward to visiting again and have already recommended this bed and breakfast to family and friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Alliston, Canada
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed at this cute manor about the first week in Sept. 2013. I love staying in small family owned places. However, this one, not so much. The only reason I gave this place an average rating was because of the beautiful grounds and gardens. Nice pool, fish ponds. Had a nice fire pit in back and corn fields. very nice setting. The rooms are average, cute but no extras and I am ok with that in older places.
Having said that, The owners or managers or whom ever it was that was running the place did not seem as though they enjoyed their jobs or having people anywhere near their place. They had a, matter of fact attitude. I am not judging, perhaps they are going through a rough time or there is a reason why they are not so friendly. I do know that as a customer, I didn't feel as thought I was not wanted their. Perhaps I am just use to having the owners of a bed and breakfast or manor to be more personable. I, myself, go to these places because I love warm and fuzzy, Owners who have a real love for entertaining company.
For what ever reason, did not feel the warm and fuzzy.
If you are not a people person you should stay away from the customer service business, if you cant run it with a friendly customer service yourself, perhaps its time to find someone that has a love for doing so. Having a friendly atmosphere at this manor would take this place from a poor to average place to stay, into an very good place to stay.
Side note, my bed in the carriage house, not so comfy, very hard and lumpy.

My wish for the owners of this beautiful place is to find peace and happiness. Perhaps then they will find their own warm and fuzzy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Frances p
North Plainfield, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2013

It all started with the not so nice phone call to book the room. The staff who answered was not helpful and very abrupt.

2nd call to confirm we were going to be late. Staff was again abrupt and put off.

When we arrived the grounds were beautiful however, the Inn Keeper was very to the point and not exactly warm. I expected the place to be well kept inside however, it lacked any kind of traditional decor. Or decor that was appropriate for this Manor!

The room... what can I say... HOT.... HOT... HOT...as in NO air.... you could feel springs in bed.... the place had holes in wall, tile coming up in bathroom, pull out couch bed for my son was really bad.

over all experience was not good!!!!

Breakfast was ok however everything was rushed and there was NO hospitality one would expect from a Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Andrea M
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The gardens of the Greystone Manor are just awe inspiring. They surround the outdoor pool.
It is the perfect place to start your day, while enjoying the delish baked breakfast provided.

The couple who own and run Greystone greet you and always make you feel welcome. That is why they have so many return guests.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Paula C
Norfolk, Virginia, Usa
Reviewed June 13, 2013

only one word awesome!

I recommand this B&B
beautifull garden around the swimmingpool and house.
If you like a calm , grass and zen go to this Manor.

The breakfast quality and quantity is very good .
The location is very cool , just in the amish county.
The package is good , cheaper than the other one.
The familly owner are sympathic, authentic and real.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelEMMC
Pittsgrove, New Jersey
Reviewed June 12, 2013

loved this place, very clean. breakfast was delish decor was nice and all the flowers on the property were beautiful, my husband had never been to a bed & breakfast he was very pleased. the staff were very nice and helpful, not sure if they were the owners but they really made us feel welcome. highly recommmend going there.

Room Tip: queen size bed w/ a ceiling fan
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mullica Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My friend and I scheduled a trip to Bird In Hand, PA just to enjoy being together. We got to Lancaster County and enjoyed the first day ending up at the Greystone Manor Bed and Breakfast. When we arrived, we were met by the Inn keeper and once I gave her my name, she couldn't find my reservation. I had brought my Living social.com confirmation as that was all I had. She again looked and couldn't find a reservation under my name or my friends'. She told us it wasn't a problem as she had a room for us in the carriage house. We were really glad she had availability as I have been in Lancaster Co. many times and my husband has wanted to stay there and their sign told us NO Vacancy. The innkeeper gave us some suggestions of restaurants since the one I usually go to has been closed. After dinner, we came back and talked in our room for a few hours, just to catch up and then went to bed. The room has two rooms and three beds so we had plenty of room. It was clean and had a large TV. In the morning we went over to the main house for breakfast - strawberry crepes and other lucious breads and coffee. We sat outside and really enjoyed the gardens on such a beautiful morning. It was great and a great way to start the day. After checking out, we took pictures and enjoyed the rest of the day before heading home. We enjoyed our time together and have decided to go back again and spend more time at the B&B. Thanks for a great stay!!!

Room Tip: We didn't see any of the rooms except the room 8 we stayed in. I think I will like to stay in...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Cherry Lane Motor Inn
Harvest Drive Family Inn
Harvest Drive Family Inn
#3 of 3 in Intercourse

Been to Greystone Manor? Share your experiences!