My husband and I planned a night away from our kids and decided to see Jonah and stay at a B&B. We have stayed at other B&B's in the area; when we saw the advertisement for Greystone Manor included with our Jonah tickets we decided to try it out. We were very impressed with the price of the rooms; we paid $99 for a very nicely decorated room in the Mansion with a comfortable bed, fireplace, TV and private bath. The location can't be beat- you are a stone's throw away from so many attractions yet feel like you are in your own private world. From the moment we entered the house, we felt at home. Angela greeted us warmly and showed us around. She asked if we needed any recommendations for dinner or activities and provided us with a detailed map of the area, along with coupons for local destinations. Since we were paying less than we have at previous B&B's, we were anxious to see the room however it turned out that our fears were not justified. The room even included a DVD player along with a huge selection of films to choose from. The bed was very comfortable. In the morning, we woke up to the smell of freshly made pastries (a wonderful way to wake up!) and were pleasantly surprised with the fresh pastries and juices that were laid out. We were offered a plate of eggs cooked any style, homemade hash browns and a yummy buttermilk biscuit. One of the best parts of breakfast was speaking with Angela about her experiences running the B&B and what it is like growing up in Lancaster. We found out that Angela makes all of the pastries herself; she is Greek and made delicious Greek pastries. I even took some baklava for the road! Overall, my husband and I had a fantastic time at Greystone Manor and will definitely come back. In fact, next time we are thinking of bringing the kids!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Victorian Mansion and carriage house (the carriage house is 6 rooms w/ private baths, very rustic rooms. Outdoor pool and hot tub. Breakfast, private baths, central heat only and AC only, on 2 acres in Amish country. Great views and pretty surroundings, Award winning gardens! free wifi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Greystone Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Greystone Manor Hotel Bird In Hand
- Greystone Manor Bird In Hand, PA - Lancaster County