“Amish Feast Experience”
Review of Plain & Fancy

Plain & Fancy
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Bird in Hand
Cuisines: American, Dutch
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Farm To Table Since 1959. Amos, Ben, Manny and Elmer, are our Amish neighbors who supply us with sweet corn, tomatoes, watermelon, cabbage, broccoli, squash, peppers and onions, and have helped us go from "farm to table" for over 50 years. Plain & Fancy is home to Lancaster County PA's original Amish Farm Feast. This full course, pass-the-platter dinner includes appetizers, entrees, sides, breads, desserts and beverages. Or, sit at your own private table and select from our a la carte menu.
“Amish Feast Experience”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Good food, I did not know that you have to eat with people that you do not know. I am glad my family knows how to make fast friends. We had a great time with the family that we meet. We will do it again. The food is outstanding. Make sure you get the coupons for the meal.

Visited July 2014

Lynbrook, New York
“We tried”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I liked the food and atmosphere better at Good and Plenty. We decided we weren't going to go back to Plain and Fancy.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Donna C
Far Rockaway, New York
“Been dining here for years!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Best fried chicken I have ever had.

My family and I dine at Plain & Fancy whenever we are in Lancaster. Our most recent meal was yesterday, July 27. Our server, Brittany (Britney) was so great with our 4-year old twin boys. Refilling their drinks and making sure they were ok.

We have never encountered bad service here. Everyone is always courteous.

Although we didn't have to wait to be seated yesterday, we have had to wait in the past. But as with most dining establishments, it depends on what time of day it is. We have never made reservations ahead of time. Always just walked in after a day of sightseeing in Amish country.

The food is outstanding. Everything is tasty. Highly recommend it for families!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Annie M
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Touristy Fun”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Our group of seven stopped in for lunch. We selected the menu style of dining rather than the family style option. There is a good selection of food to make most eaters happy. The range of entrees at our table included fried shrimp, patty melt, fried chicken, roast beef round, and plain and fancy sausage. The stand-out was the fried chicken. Side dishes included mashed potatoes, fries, mixed vegetables, pepper slaw, cole slaw, and spiced apples. The mashed potatoes and pepper slaw were the hits of the table. Also, the complimentary bread and apple butter was great. Sorry to say, we had no room for dessert!

• Visited June 2014
Portsmouth, Rhode Island
“Family Style”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

In planning out trip I knew that I wanted to have one Family Style dinner when we were in Lancaster county and this is what I had expected it to be. My husband, our 2 kids ( 8 & 9) and I sat at a table with 6 other people (two couples and a mom with teenage daughter). Platters were served family style (passed around the table). My husband wasn't sure about this (as he can be a bit shy), but he enjoyed the food (there were so many things to eat) and one of the men at the table engaged everyone in conversation, especially the children.

Don't overdue it at dinner, as you want to save room for dessert. I was so stuffed by the time dessert arrived, but still had to have the apple crisp and their amazing vanilla ice cream (make sure to add hershey's syrup!) My husband and son didn't care for the shoe-fly pie (they had never had it before), but there were plenty of other desserts to choose from. It was an enjoyable night.

• Visited July 2014