“Three timers”

AmishView Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bird in Hand
Reviewed April 8, 2008

This was our third time staying at The Amish View Inn. I first found them last year on the net. We fell in lnn. The room was as good as I saw on the net. The Great Room with coffee and tea all day long is a great touch. The breakfast is a full breakfast not just dough nuts
and coffee.
The staff is always friendly and very helpful.
My wife has booked a stay in Nov. for her and her sisters and their daughters.
This is our home away from home when we are in Lancaster area.

Reviewed April 7, 2008

My wife and I visited the Amish View in mid-March, for a nice, quiet romantic getaway. We visit Lancaster about 5 or 6 times each year. We usually stay in the busy area on Route 30. But, this time we just wanted to relax and enjoy the countryside. This Inn is beautiful. The main "Great Room" is very nice; you can have a cup of coffee and a cookie anytime of the day and relax and enjoy the view of the farmland. The indoor pool and excerise room seemed well maintained although we didn't have a chance to use these facilites. We had a King room, which was spacious and very nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable.

We enjoyed driving the back roads to visit farms, markets and the village of Intercourse, only a few miles east of the inn on Route 340. If you want to visit the outlets, they are an easy 10-minute drive from the inn.

The breakfast buffet is one of the best that we have seen. The omelets are made to order at the omelet station. You can have anything from a continental breakfast, through a full "eggs and sausage/bacon" meal. The coffee is excellent and is kept hot and fresh throughout the day.

The only minor negatives are that although most of the front desk people were very nice helpful and pleasant, one person seemed to have a bit of an attitude; we were waiting to ask a question when she was on the phone. She seemed to be a bit annoyed that we were waiting for her to complete the call; perhaps she was having a bad day. Also, the television stations were very limited compared to the choice at other hotels in the area. Again these were minor fault sand didn't impact on our very nice weekend at all.

Reviewed March 21, 2008

I was looking for a place to stay for our tenth anniversary, and after looking at numerous places in Lancaster, I decided to book the Amish View based on the reviews found here. Thank you so much to all of you who recommended this Inn!

My husband and I are antique buffs and spent the day in Adamstown. He was a little upset the the Inn was so far away(about 40 minutes) as we had been driving up and down 272 all day, and we took the back way to the Inn.

We knew we were in Amish country when we kept passing buggies. It truly is another world there, although I noticed that civilization is slowly encroaching on them. What a shame! Anyway, I digress.

We arrived at the Inn around 4:30pm. I had booked a King room, but using a little trick I picked up from the travel channel, always ask for an upgrade. I asked the girl at the desk, who was very helpful, if we could have an upgrade to a King Jacuzzi room. She made several calls on her walkie-talkie and gave us a King Jacuzzi-Fireplace suite at no extra charge! I was amazed and thrilled, so was my hubby, the long trip forgotten. Actually, the trip over was beautiful-the scenery is breathtaking.

We went up to our room (215) and it was spectacular. The outer room held the fireplace, the sink and coffee bar and a beautiful marble table and sofa with side chair. We decided to go to dinner at Plain and Fancy, but at the last minute went to Miller's Smorgasboard, also by reviews on this site. I will review Miller's separately.

The hotel was very quiet(it backs on an actual farm.) The view was amazing. Couldn't get used to the manure smell, okay, I'm a city girl! But I'm sure that's the best smell to the Amish-the smell of new life.

Anyway, the jacuzzi was great, but a little small for two people. The bed was super comfortable-my husband and I have back problems and we slept great. We did have TV problems the next morning-it was raining and the satellite was out-of course, I don't blame the hotel for that.

Breakfast the next morning was okay-I had the waffles which were not very good, but my husband raved about his omelet. The cook was very skilled. They had a nice selection of cereals, meats, eggs, and pastries. The coffee was so-so. Could be better.

All in all, this is a true gem for a romantic getaway far away from the hustle and bustle of the big city. If you are looking for excitement, stay in Philadelphia. These folks roll up the sidewalks by 5pm.

I would highly recommend this Inn. I did promise the girls at the desk that I would do so, and that we would be staying there again.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 8, 2008

First off Missy the person that took my reservation was very professional. She remembered that is was going to be my husbands birthday. We had a beautiful room with a jacuzzi tub, king size bed and a fireplace. We had a very nice evening. Breakfast was great we had an omelet made to order. They had everything you would find at a typical buffet. Very many choices. I wish we could of stayed longer. Thank you Grace the General Manager, she was very friendly and accommodating.

Reviewed March 1, 2008

My mother and sister and I were going on a Christmas Shopping trip and I came across this hotel while surfing the net and deciding where to say. JACKPOT! It was just lovely. It had started snowing that day and we walked in to a warm plate of quite possibly the best cookies ever, coffee, hot chocolate, etc. For the price I was expecting that 'Vanilla' hotel decor like you would find in one of the cheaper chains. Not at all - the decor was beautiful, the lobby, the hallways, and the room. Breakfast was included and it wasn't a couple of pastries under a glass dome. People on staff making omelets to order, waffles, pancakes, sticky buns right out of the oven, bacon, sausage, etc. I really wish we could have stayed longer - I think we may go back just to stay at the hotel. There were other features of the hotel that we didn't even use. We did have dinner at the restaurant connected to the hotel which was very good and staff was excellent. And, they have a really cool gift sohp that I think we wandered around in for over an hour. We felt like we had just dug up a treasure finding this place!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2008

After several people we knew came home raving about this place, we decided to give it a try. Believe me, once we got home we wanted to re-book rooms there again for the following month. We didnt but we sure wanted to. Not only is the Amishview Inn clean, but decorated so beautifully you just want to extend your stay. The all day coffee bar is also another shining example of hospitality. Fresh cookies didnt hurt either. I heard they have soup in the winter months. You can get coffee 24/7! There is a fireplace in the main lobby and my group of ten made themselves at home every chance we got. After a day of shopping and walking - that was the place to be with a nice hot cup of cappucino. My husband and I had a room right off the lobby and our view was just so pretty. Then when we saw our friends view from their rooms on the second floor - well, we were floored!!!! Now I know what they mean by FARM VIEW. The complimentary breakfast every morning was well worth the price for the rooms. The staff were so pleasant and able to tell you where and when things where happening. Please eat at the Plain and Fancy resturant on the grounds. Phenominal fried chicken. There are coupons on line. Please dine at the PAUL REVERE TAVERN - the desk can help you locate it. Please try and get to the GREEN DRAGON flea market only on Fridays. We will go back just for that. We've been to Lancaster at least 4 times - always staying at a B&B. Now that we've been to the Amishview Inn - there will be no other lodging requirements needed. We loved it and if you like cleanliness, good food, gorgeous accomodations and friendly staff - go there.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank JENNYGIRL59
Reviewed January 24, 2008

The service was amazing. The rooms are very spacious and the pool was great. I would advise anyone interested in staying here to book the room plenty of time in advance as during the busy season the hotel gets booked up.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bird in Hand
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#1 of 40 in Lancaster
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Lancaster Arts Hotel
Lancaster Arts Hotel
#4 of 40 in Lancaster

Been to AmishView Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!