“A lovely stay”

AmishView Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bird in Hand
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Room 224, deluxe King had a mini fridge, microwave and coffeemaker, a lovely farm view and exceptional Tarocco toiletries. The overall decor was on the dark and drab side. Afternoon cookies, all day coffee/tea, complimentary internet in the Great Room and an excellent cooked breakfast were nice touches. My only suggestions are; they should use aromatherapy to mask the food smells which permeate the property and add a few Amish touches (hats, quilts) to give the place a distinctive personality. We enjoyed the Amish Feast at their Plain & Fancy restaurant located right next door but were disappointed at how early they stop serving dinner.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SengaMilne
Write a ReviewReviews (1,243)

Reviewed April 28, 2011

We have stayed in Lancaster several times; this was by far our best experience. We booked two rooms; the hotel was completely full and we ended up with an upgraded Studio Suite with a whirlpool for no additional charge. Even though the hotel was full, you didn't know it; it was quiet and reserved both nights we stayed. The staff were courteous and always more than willing to help with whatever you needed. The pool and whirlpool were very nice and very clean. Breakfast was great. It was a great deal for the price - still cheaper than going out for breakfast with two teenage boys! The purpose for our trip was to see Joseph at Sight and Sound. We will be returning for the Christmas show and will definitely be staying at this hotel again. It was the best trip we've taken so far!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2011

We came the end of March and stayed in the King suite with the jacuzzi and fireplace. The bed was so comfortable. We truly enjoyed sitting in front of the fireplace while looking out the window and seeing the Amish children walking to and coming home from school. We did not get a chance to eat in the restaurant or use the indoor pool but it looked very inviting. It was nice to wake up and come down for breakfast without leaving the hotel. It was nice to come back at night and relax in the jacuzzi. We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Internet price as good ad AAA and AARP!
Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StewartCMcCloud
Reviewed March 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed here late in March. We stayed in a king size whirlpool room suite. It was larger than we expected. We could have had our adult children stay with us and still would have had enough room. I booked on the internet and received a great deal. Every thing was immaculate and what I really loved was that you can see the amish farms from our room, yet we were still in the thick of things, with restaurants, attractions and shopping nearby. The staff was extremely helpful with directions and were very pleasant. We ate lunch one day at their restaurant, choosing the ala carte menu, and was pleasantly surprised. Not 4 star mind you, but a good lunch choice. My fried chicken was excellent, not greasy but very moist. Another feature was the movie and 3D experience on their property. For eighteen dollars ( with coupon in lobby) it was a nice presentation. They also have an amish-like home to tour and rides through farms. We opted not to do this and instead traveled the roads ourselves, stopping a farms that sold eggs, cheese, etc. What a great experience! The amish people that run these establishments are very nice and certainly friendly. Buy their local items instead of succomming to the tourist traps in the area, its well worth it.Even though the hotel is located on a busy main drag, we still feel you get the best of both worlds (tourist and local).

Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jange428
Reviewed March 17, 2011

This is hotel is very nice, clean, sort of Victorian style. The rooms are beautiful, every room has a microwave, fridge, and a sink with running hot and cold water, with cabinets. Many channels on the TV. The hallways are decorated beautiful, and benches for you to sit down. They have a pool and a small game room. You can get something to drink 24 hours aday. The staff is friendly and very helpful. They have a free full service breakfast with made to order eggs and waffles. The only down fall about this hotel is the price, it can be a little pricey especially during the summer months. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2011

We were travelling through the area en route to Philadelphia and spent a night at the Amish View. We had a Deluxe King room which was a good size and the bed was very comfortable. Our room faced the side of the property, so was very quiet. The reception staff were very helpful in suggesting a restaurant for us. It was Saturday night and we didn't realise that most of the local restaurants close early (7 - 7.30pm). We went to nearby Millers Smorgasboard, which was surprisingly quite good for a large, family style restaurant. Nice lounge area where breakfast is served, overlooking the Amish farmland at the rear of the property.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AusTravellerSydney
Reviewed January 31, 2011

My wife and I have been staying at Amishview Inn since 2005. We go at least twice a year. What I like most about Amishview Inn is that it is very relaxing and you are so close to many places for shopping, entertainment, and exploring. The rooms are clean and open, though not modern. It would be nice if they upgraded the TVs from the old CRTs to flatpanels. However, I don't go to Amishview Inn to watch TV. I go because it is relaxing and the environment is so peaceful. The bathrooms are always clean--nothing fancy. We typically stay in the one room suite though in 2010 we stayed in the two room suite on one trip because my parents were with us.

The beds are comfortable in that I've never had a problem sleeping. The view is incredible (See my photos). The kitchen is ok. We didn't really use it much--Hey we were on vacation! The service is very good in that they are responsive when we call. We haven't had to call much. Housekeeping is very friendly and nice.

Though the rooms are very nice, what I liked most about staying at Amishview Inn is the outside area. I love walking outside and taking in the view of the farm across the street (Rt 340), the garden right on the premises (large garden), and the general feel of the place. It is very peaceful to me. The Plain & Fancy restaurant is on premise and they have a very nice gift shop. You can also get a buggy ride right on the premises.

The breakfast is nice. Typically they have omlets to order, sausage, baked oatmeal, muffins, cakes, cereals, fruit, etc. They have waffles too. I don't think I've ever had pancakes there. We sometimes go up to Millers for a fuller breakfast. The exercise room is ok--small. They have a few treadmills, and eliptical, bike, free weights, and a Universal machine. The swimming pool is nice too.

There is a choice for dinner. You can go to Bird-n-Hand Family restaurant a couple of miles or so up the road, Millers, or of course Plain and Fancy. There are other places relatively close by too.

The shopping. You are very close the the outlets, Kitchen Kettle Village, and a plethora of stores on Rt. 30. There are also little shops on 340 and back roads too. You are not too far from the Crystal Cave or Hershey Park.

I love going to Intercourse/Bird-n-Hand and I love staying at the Amishview Inn. I highly recommend it. Oh. One more thing. It is a bit pricy relatively speaking. However, it is worth it. For example, this past thanksgiving (2010) we had originally made reservations with Eden Resorts, but just couldn't pull myself away from Amishview Inn. I cancelled the Eden Resorts reservations and made new ones with Amishview Inn (not that Eden Resorts is bad. It is more modern than Amishview Inn, but the environment isn't as peaceful and relaxing, which I really want and need).

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#1 of 40 in Lancaster
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lancaster (Amish Country), PA
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading

Been to AmishView Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!