“Great, as always”

Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Bird in Hand
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Nestled amid the Amish farmlands of Lancaster County, this Mennonite family-owned business features farm fresh meats, poultry, fruits and vegetables from nearby farms and Grandma Smucker's favorite Pennsylvania Dutch recipes. Family-friendly with a Noah's Ark Kids' Buffet and breakfast, lunch and dinner smorgasbords, this local favorite has been a landmark for more than 40 years.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great, as always”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is one of those places that you find your favorite foods and just have to get them whenever you go. Their turkey dinners are fantastic, and I always get the lemon sponge pie for dessert. can't go wrong with the buffet!

• Polish first
New Jersey
“Delicious local cuisine.”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife had dined here before so suggested we stop. She had the smorgasbord and said that everything was great. I had a patty melt and it was the best I've ever had. Very nice menu along with the smorgasbord offering. Very clean and all of the wait staff and greeters were very pleasant. I will definitely dine here again when I'm in the area. Nice location with a huge parking lot.

• Visited March 2013
Bronx, New York
“home cooking”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

this restaurant is great... we weren't that hungry so we didn't get the buffet which is amazing...instead we had chicken corn soup and grilled cheese...It tasted like home and the help is very friendly too...

1 Thank jamainthewind
NY
“A place where the owners and staff give a darn”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Ate breakfast here, and for $8, got enough food to last for the entire day ... then some. A couple of the options were not to my particular taste, but there was enough to satisfy even the biggest appetite.

Binghamton, New York
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I've eaten here every time I've been to Lancaster since I could barely walk! The food is good, the service is wonderful, and the smorgasbord has something for everyone! My family and I never have anything bad to say about it!

Visited July 2012