“Lives up to its reputation” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bird-In-Hand Family Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Bird-In-Hand Family Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bird in Hand
north carolina
“Lives up to its reputation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2006

Our family stayed at the Bird in Hand Inn last June. After looking at the reviews on this website, we made a reservation and I have to say, we were not disappointed. The kids (ages 5 and 12) loved the pool and petting zoo. The room was comfortable, and extremely clean. The staff was friendly and very knowledgable. The grounds are beautiful. The kids loved the small lake and adjacent putt putt course. This location can not be beat for a family experience. We did eat breakfast in the adjacent resturant one morning. The food was very good. I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed June 2005
2 Thank chase2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2006

Went to Bird in Hand Family Inn over New Years Eve vacation week...tried for 3 months to get into Family Inn pool bldg. but no luck had to stay in front rooms....Was very surprised though at how nice they were...except bathroom which is teeny-tiny!! clean comfortable room and very quiet as we stayed in back king room ..had a wonderful time there and restaurant is very good also..we have been going to Lancaster for many many years and am surprised at how high the prices have climbed to stay in area hotels but this was a good value...made reservations for next year already though to stay in pool bldg!!! learned that from another guest...Enjoy....

9 Thank motanj
MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2006

If I could find one adjective for this place, I would label it as spiritual. Priced extremely well, my husband and I had a free 2 hour bus tour of actual Amish country and were able to visit true-blue Amish shops and farms. These were not 'fake' actors just trying to make a buck. Our bus driver was Mennonite and discussed the history of the Mennonite and then the Amish faiths. We tipped her around 10 dollars for her helpfulness and willingness to show the area of which she is native.
The Restaurant of the Inn was wonderful. Check out the bakery as well! The Inn is situated in the middle of farm land and one can see several Amish farms all around (you can tell by the plain windows on the houses and the windmills). Enjoy!

• Stayed December 2005
9 Thank randib
Bethpage, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2005

I just returned from Bird in Hand Family Inn and have nothing but good things to say about it. My husband and I stayed with our two children (ages 7 and 2) and we all enjoyed the Inn. Our room in the pool house was very comfortable and comparatively roomy. The bathroom was a bit small though. Everything was quite clean and the bed was very comfortable. The room had a coffee maker, hair dryer, small refrigerator, ironing board/iron, extra pillows -- everything that people request in a hotel. The grounds were lovely, with a playground that I couldn't get my children off of; an outdoor pool, two indoor pools, small game room. You really didn't have to leave the premises to have an enjoyable vacation. I highly recommend the place and would go back in a second.

• Stayed August 2005
8 Thank mrshams
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2005

Visited the area two years ago and have heard great things about this place ever since. They were all true.

The Basics: Stayed 4 nights with our 1 and 3 year olds. Room was fine. Bring your own pack n’ play b/c crib rental is $6 a night. Pool was great- don’t forget the blow up tubes and pool toys for the little ones. Noce laundry room with tv if you need.

Here are our favorite things to do: Walk over to the BIH market next door to get some goodies (Lebanon baloney, cheeses, and bread) for a picnic by the pool. Go to the ice cream parlor for a cone in the evening. Eat lunch or dinner at Good and Plenty (we did twice!) They have the best shoofly pies and buttered noodles. Have a red velvet whoopee pie and a cup of coffee from the BIH bakery across the street. BIH restaurant has a great buffet for breakfast. Don't bother going anywhere else in town. Or since there is a fridge, consider cereal for the kids to eat in the room while watching Sesame Street in the morning. Grown ups can save their calories for later. Get a joggers map from the front desk. It is hard to dodge buggies AND cars. Spend two days at Dutch Wonderland. Do rides all day and water park from 4-8pm. It is still warm but a lot less crowded at that hour.

We alternate our kiddie vacations - one year in PA Dutch, the next at Sesame Place / Storybook Land. See you in two years, BIH Inn. Don’t hesitate to book this place.

• Stayed July 2005
9 Thank Go Jenny Go
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2005

My husband and I travel frequently, staying at 4-5 star hotels only. We are very picky when it comes to where we sleep! We live in Southern NJ and go to Lancaster for quick getaways and always stay at the Bird-in-Hand Inn and Suites. We stay in the Carriage House in the Shirk Suite(Upstairs) or the Hadleman Suite(downstairs). Both are immaculate. These rooms are very clean and the beds are so soft with down comforters and pillows. The Haldman Suite has a jacuzzi separate from the bathroom and bedroom. The Shirk suite does not have a jacuzzi, but better views of the Amish farms. Both suites have kitchenettes, living rooms and either a patio or balcony. The employees are very friendly. Anything they can do for you, they do-extra towels, pillows, etc. This is a very laid-back place. There is a pool down the street that you can use; although, we've never used it. The Bird-In -Hand Family restaurnat is 1/4 mile down the street. They have excellent breakfasts. Good-N-Plenty is also right down the road, where they have the BEST fried chicken!! I hope this helps to anyone considering a trip to Lancaster. They do have a website describing all of their rooms/suites. We only stay in the Carriage because it's a newer house. I think the other rooms in the other building have been recently refurbished, but I'm not sure.

1 Thank Richmel798
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2005

My family and I just returned from our trip to the Amish Country. I am so glad that I discovered this site and checked all the reviews. I went with the Bird-in Hand Family Inn because of all the positive feedback. I am so glad I did because it was a wonderful place to stay. This is a family oriented resort, with plenty to do without leaving the resort. Kids love it!! The rooms were spacious, very clean, modern and nice. They have miniature golf next door, and a pond to walk around. The have a small petting zoo, basketball court, tennis courts. Two indoor pools, one outdoor pool. Pool table, game room, and a restaurant next door. They also offered a free two hour bus tour of the Amish farmlands. It was interesting and very informative. On Weds. night they had a free ice cream social. What more can I say. Not too mention the price was right!! It was centrally located to everything. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2005
#2 of 38 in Lancaster
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,830 reviews
Eden Resort & Suites, BW Premier Collection
BEST WESTERN PLUS Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
BEST WESTERN PLUS Revere Inn & Suites

Been to Bird-In-Hand Family Inn? Share your experiences!