Visited the area two years ago and have heard great things about this place ever since. They were all true.
The Basics: Stayed 4 nights with our 1 and 3 year olds. Room was fine. Bring your own pack n’ play b/c crib rental is $6 a night. Pool was great- don’t forget the blow up tubes and pool toys for the little ones. Noce laundry room with tv if you need.
Here are our favorite things to do: Walk over to the BIH market next door to get some goodies (Lebanon baloney, cheeses, and bread) for a picnic by the pool. Go to the ice cream parlor for a cone in the evening. Eat lunch or dinner at Good and Plenty (we did twice!) They have the best shoofly pies and buttered noodles. Have a red velvet whoopee pie and a cup of coffee from the BIH bakery across the street. BIH restaurant has a great buffet for breakfast. Don't bother going anywhere else in town. Or since there is a fridge, consider cereal for the kids to eat in the room while watching Sesame Street in the morning. Grown ups can save their calories for later. Get a joggers map from the front desk. It is hard to dodge buggies AND cars. Spend two days at Dutch Wonderland. Do rides all day and water park from 4-8pm. It is still warm but a lot less crowded at that hour.
We alternate our kiddie vacations - one year in PA Dutch, the next at Sesame Place / Storybook Land. See you in two years, BIH Inn. Don’t hesitate to book this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel in Lancaster County, PA. When you want to get away, bring your family to the Bird-in-Hand Family Inn for a vacation that’s relaxing and fun for everyone. Our family-friendly, resort-style hotel offers everything you want on-site, including an outdoor and two indoor swimming pools, hot tubs, tennis and basketball courts, a picnic pavilion, fitness room, game room, a business center, various meeting rooms, laundry room, and a gift shop. Amenities include free Wi-Fi internet (in-room and in common areas), air conditioning, a mini-fridge, coffee and tea makers, daily housekeeping, elevator access, ice and vending machines, and much more. In addition to standard hotel rooms, suites, family rooms, and efficiency rooms with kitchenettes are also available. We’re a hotel near Lancaster-area attractions including Dutch Wonderland, Sight & Sound Theatres, the Strasburg Railroad, and the shopping outlets. The village of Intercourse, PA is right down the street. Book a room on our websit ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Bird-In-Hand Family Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bird-In-Hand Family Hotel Bird In Hand
- Bird-In-Hand Family Inn Bird In Hand, PA - Lancaster County
- Bird Hand Family Inn