“Employees Not Friendly” 2 of 5 bubbles

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Employees Not Friendly”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

We visited Hauser Winery on the Saturday before Memorial Day. The place is nice and the view is great, but that's about all I can say. The place was packed, and the employees were not very friendly. In fact, we didn't even get to do the wine tasting. When we entered the building, an employee there referred us to another area for tasting. We waited there only to be told that they were no longer doing wine tastings for the day, even though people were wine tasting all around us. Obviously, she didn't want bothered. We left and went to Reid's.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Pamela H
Polly P, Owner at Hauser Estate Winery, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
I am sorry about the miscommunication the day you visited. We do end our tastings at 4pm so that we can get ready for our free concerts every Friday and Saturday. There may have been people still doing a tasting that had arrived earlier. Regardless, I do apologize and hope that you will come see us again. Thank you.

Spring Grove, PA
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Mothers Day brunch to forget”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Too many problems to list. Suffice it to say until they come up with a way to even reasonably service this event they should stop stealing people's money. Lesson learned

Visited May 2014
Polly P, Owner at Hauser Estate Winery, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
I am sorry you didn't have a good experience with us on Mother's Day. I am a bit surprised. In the 3 weeks that have past since the event, we have only had positive reviews of our Mother's Day brunch. Please feel free to contact us at info@hauserestate.com about your visit. We are always trying to improve, but it is difficult when we do not have specific examples. Thank you.
York, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Beautiful view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

Hauser Estate Winery is a place my husband and I love to go, and drink a glass of wine, or two, and enjoy the beautiful views, music and food (catered by a variety of different chefs/restaurants). Hauser's sit's on the top of a little mountain overlooking Cashtown Road and the historic Round Barn, just minutes out of Gettysburg. Words cannot describe the breathtaking view from their patio and deck; you must go and see for yourself. The wine is wonderful, the "Sweet One", is my favorite! They also have hard apple cider; which is really good, too! They often host many different fun activities during the week and weekends, check out their website for current events. They offer wine tasting and an occasional tour of the wine cellar (I think you may need to call ahead about that). Our 10 yr. old, loves to come with us, sit on the deck and drink his soda (they sell, at the winery), enjoy the view and listen to the band. I have noticed many people bring their own picnic and enjoy the evening's; I need to try that once. I do recommend that you check them out; I think you would be very pleased.

Visited April 2014
Thanks!
PA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Known for the scene not the wine”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Nice place to visit and very entertaining events. In our opinion, the wine is not good and when I ask around if people have gone, I hear the same thing, "the wine is not good." I think this would be a great place to meet new people. Sit's up on the top of a hill. Nice looking inside.For $2 you get to try their wine and cider. Was a nice experience regardless of our taste for wine.

Visited March 2014
Polly P, Owner at Hauser Estate Winery, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thanks for your review. I hope that you do try us again. Wines are constantly changing due to different harvest years and maybe we will have something you will enjoy in the future. Cheers.
Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Worth The Visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

We moved to a nearby town in 2012 and have visited Hauser's several times. The wine tour is enlightening since they not only produce wines but also a very good hard cider. As others have noted, the view is great. The wines are pretty good and the quality varies from season to season, depending on the weather they've had. Most recently we took another couple to Hauser's and tasted the wines before deciding what we wanted (Steve was behind the bar - excellent and personable). We really like the hard ciders (they have two kinds - all made from the local apples).

Often we'll bring a cooler with snacks and enjoy the afternoon, view, and wine.

They have events during the year; bands, special tastings, etc. At times, they'll have food locally catered (we like it when the A-Vill Inn does the catering). Of the three wineries in the area (Reids, Adams, Hauser's) we prefer Hauser's primarily because of the location (the view) and the ambiance.

Visited March 2014

Been to Hauser Estate Winery? Share your experiences!