“Would definately stay again”
Review of Comfort Inn Midway

Comfort Inn Midway
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bethel
Reviewed June 9, 2010

We went to the Reading Airshow and the hotels around there are sold out and very expensive. So we decided to drive the 25 minutes to save money. This Comfort Inn is a simple hotel in a rural area. It's clean. I'm a germ freak in hotels and I didn't get grossed out at all. We stayed 2 nights and the cleaning staff did a great job. The continental breakfast was simple, but nice. It didn't have the typical "hot food" (eggs, bacon, etc), but that's ok. We didn't use the pool but I looked at it and it looked clean. Staff was helpful. There is a 50 yr old truck stop diner in the parking lot. The hotel gives you a 10% off coupon. We went for breakfast the 2nd morning and it was great food and awesome coffee.
Cons for the hotel (and these are petty but I'm going to mention them anyway): bring your own soap and shampoo. The ones they provide are not good. They don't even lather. And bring a case of water. Their water, I think, is well water and has that "well water smell". For us, it was not drinkable. It's clean water, it just stinks. So we had our own water and we were fine.

We would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank leaette
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Midway

Reviewed April 18, 2010

It's clean enough; it does accept pets; and you actually get a mediocre Continental breakfast -- but $80+/a weeknight in mid-April (with AAA discount) is silly . . . it's at a truckstop! We stopped because we knew where it was . . . the mileage was what we wanted to "make" for the day . . . and, we had previously enjoyed the food at the Midway Diner (shares the hotel parking lot). The hotel is much more expensive (and "worn" ) than it was on the last visit -- and the Diner is much, much worse. Not a recipe for a repeat visit ever again. I think we'll try to move on to Harrisburg, PA -- at least there's more competition.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2010

We pulled into this hotel while seeking refuge from a snow-storm on a long drive from MI to NJ. It was in a very rural location, but conveniently located next to a gas station and delicious little diner. The staff gave us a discount coupon for our meal. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. Staff very friendly. There was at least inches of snow the morning we woke to continue our trip, and the staff was busy all morning shoveling everyones cars out! I was so grateful and impressed with their kindness, especially as I was traveling alone with my children. Oh, and breakfast and the cofee was very good. I was able to use my AAA discount at this hotel, and for the value it was GREAT!!!
We did not get to use the pool.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2010

We booked our one night stay last minute because this seemed to be one of the only places with a vacancy, probably due to the sportsmen show 1/2 hour away! We arrived around 8pm, and were greeted by Pam, the super friendly, informative woman at the front desk! With the key to our room, she also gave us a voucher for 10% off at the diner that is across the parking lot. (We did grab some burgers, but please know...this is a "true diner") Our room was a great size, and so was our bathroom! I, being a germ-a-phob, found the entire place to be very clean!! We didn't know in advance, but there is a decent size indoor pool to take advantage of during your stay. Before we checked out, we were able to enjoy an included continental breakfast, that was kept very clean and stocked by a very friendly woman. Don't be expecting a full meal. What is supplied is plenty to start your day, and get you on your way with a full (enough) belly. Next time we head to Cabelas, the sportsmen show, or anything else in that vicinity, we will be staying here...for sure! I'm sorry, I almost forgot about the parking lot. If you tend to be a light sleeper, request a room towards the back or side, for there are tractor trailers that "sleep" across the parking lot. Personally, I didn't hear a thing!! Hope this helps!! One more biggie...FREE WIRELESS INTERNET!!!

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2010

Hotel was clean, adequate rooms....the staff....wow. A woman referred to as possibly "stacy" seemed to be in charge of the cleaning staff. She was very rude, loud, and basically ignorant. the place is super clean and she audibly chastised her obvious reports over completely unfounded causes. To hear this is disheartening...no one deserves the treatment I over heard. She seemed unhappy when she knew I heard her comments, tone, and threats. I would never (nor will my company) patronize a place that operates like this...I hope the employees seek legal advice if this is their daily worklife. It was pure harrassment. The place was super clean. Best.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2010

Hotel is within 15 minutes of Koziars Christmas Village which was the reason for our stay. Very clean, easy check-in with helpful staff. Nice pool, small workout room. Breakfast was good, bagels, waffle maker, cereal, muffins, juice, ect. Very pleased with our stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank mrmisrule
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We stayed here on the night previous to a trip to Cabelas. The exit has nothing at it (a gas station and a diner are there, but neither looked inviting - and NOTHING else is right there.)
The motel was very clean, inside and out - no outside manure smell as previously mentioned. Our room looked over a corn field and had no road noise. We were at the end of a hall and didn't hear any hall noise either. Breakfast ends early - at 9 am. A lot of people crowd down at the last minute. But they did have a lady refilling and tidying as people came and went.

Lady at the front desk during check-in was very personable.

Ask for directions to the Kauffman's BBQ chicken which is probably the only real restaurant nearby - only 3 or 4 miles - and delicious rotisserie chicken. (cash or check only, though, so be prepared. It can also be busy on a weekend night, so if there is a long line, don't worry, it moves very quickly. http://kauffmansbbq.com

All in all, I would recommend this hotel as long as you understand that it is at a very quiet, remote exit.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethel
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hamburg
Ramada Pottsville
Ramada Pottsville
#2 of 2 in Pottsville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville)
Comfort Inn Lebanon Valley/Ft. Indiantown Gap
Comfort Inn Pine Grove
Comfort Inn Pine Grove
#2 of 4 in Pine Grove
Hampton Inn Pine Grove
Hampton Inn Pine Grove
#1 of 4 in Pine Grove

Been to Comfort Inn Midway? Share your experiences!