Comfort Inn Midway
ComfortInn
$116
Hampton.com
$139
Seasons Inn & Suites(Shartlesville)
$55
$47
$119
Travel Inn(Lebanon)
$80
$72
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsindoor poolfarm countrywafflesoff the highwayroom was cleandidn't hear any noisehotel is locatedstay there againthird floorgreat roomking bednext morningcomplimentary breakfastchecking inamish buggytruckerscereal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 13, 2008

I was skeptical about stay here since other reviews said it was in the middle of nowhere - it was - but it was close to Hawk Mountain and right on 78. Also it sounded better than the Microtel where everyone stays who goes to Cabellas. So we pull up to what feels like a teeny truck stop with just a diner and gas station, and check in. No problems there. Nice staff, easy check in. Then go to room in this little nowhere's-ville place... not expecting much. And what a pleasant surprise. The room was absolutely spotless and the bathroom looked brand new like it had been installed that day. I am pretty picky and notice dust, dirt, mold, mildew, etc.. So when I mean spotless, it was. Completely shiny and not a trace of dirt. And I can tell the hotel is not new, so it was just incredibly clean. Shower/tub too. Everything in the room! I think a couple other reviews mentioned it too. It realy was. So this was quite a treat, and since there is nothing there but the hotel basically, it was nice to have an extremely pleasant room. Bed was fine. TV fine. A/C control pretty standard issue. Room was quiet even though right near elevator. Oh, and the indoor pool was really reasonably sized and fun for my kid, especially for a small-hotel pool. It too was immaculate. The chairs were spotless, the pool was spotless, the pool deck was really clean, and they had towels and everything for you. It was really uncanny how clean the whole doggone place was. Breakfast next morning was good with the usual make-your-own-waffle Comfort Inn always has, etc. The diner, where we ate a late dinner was nothing special, but it was okay and served our late-evening food needs. Here is the catch, and it is really just fine after all. So don't be discouraged by it. When we drove up to the hotel, there was a wind blowing the worst "A cow pasture must be nearby" smell around the area, and even into the lobby. BUT there was not a trace of the smell in our room. Not an ounce of cow, farm, or whatever it was! So when we registered, we were really worried, but as soon as we cleared the lobby, and the floor where our room was, it was all better:) Somehow, room totally didn't smell, and when we had fan on all night, it didn't bring in the smell either. Really! And the pool didn't smell either. So don't panic if you pull up and it smells like you landed in a cow pasture. We'd stay there again in a heartbeat... maybe with just clothespins for our noses in the parking lot:)

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2008

This hotel is located in the middle of nowhere along I-78 between Harrisburg and Allentown. Simply it is a top comfort Inn. Everything about this place appears well run.There is a nearby diner which I did not use. I wish all comfort Inns were up to this standard.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank TOG11
Reviewed March 26, 2008

This hotel is GREAT! My boyfriend and i booked a two night stay here about a year ago. We were kind of leary on the hotel since we never stayed in this area before. Well, we were plesantly surprised! The room is super clean (I am a CLEAN FREAK), and the pool was GREAT! The bed was extremely comfortable, and the room was appointed nicely. We visited Cabela's on our first day, and then some of his family in the area. Then on Sunday, we checked out and went to the Renissance Faire! This is probably one of the best deals I have ever gotten on a hotel for the quality. There is also a diner right next to the hotel (within walking distance). They have good food, and it is VERY homey! We will DEFINITLY without a doubt be returning to this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2007

The hotel was very clean and the staff was very courteous. My husband and I stayed at this hotel because we were going to Cabela's. We stayed 2 nights and enjoyed the indoor pool. At check-in the staff was extremely pleasant and the same throughout our stay. The hotel was very clean and we had clean linens everyday. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. There is not much to do in the area, but stuff to do is located within a 1/2 hour and the drive is easy. The mountains were beautiful. The continenal breakfast was delicious with waffles, fruit, bagels, toast, pastries, english muffins, french toast, cereals, juices, milk and all the coffee you want. This is an excellent hotel and if we go back to Cabela's we will stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2007

Very clean hotel. Nice indoor pool for the kids (and me). Small, but adequate exercise room. Free breakfast was standard continental...but still appreciated. Staff was courteous. Overall, a recommended hotel if you're visiting Hersheypark or on the road to/from New York City.

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)