“Pleasant and unassuming”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bethel
Harwich, Massachusetts
“Pleasant and unassuming”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times. It is a stopover on a yearly trip back and forth from Cape Cod to Capon Springs, WVa. The hotel is pleasant enough and well maintained. Breakfast is quite OK. Unfortunately the restaurant at this exit and owner of the hotel leaves a lot to be desired. It is basically a truck stop type place and while years ago truck stop restaurants used to be good, it is no longer the case. This one is particularly bad: poor quality food, overcooked, etc., etc. There are some restaurants in the area that may be passable but difficult to find. There is one several exits to the east which is not bad (considering the ruralness of the area) that I can recommend and is right off the highway. But it is 10-15 minutes from the hotel and after a long days drive and a couple of glasses of wine at the restaurant it seems like a long way back to the motel. What I do now is buy a cheeseburger at the diner and eat in my room.

Room Tip: This is a truck stop and by midnight many are parked between the hotel and diner with engines runnin...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I live in a small town not far from the motel. If you go 15 miles to reading for a motel with a pool and breakfast and newer look..you will pay the price of $169 or higher. There is a motel close to this NO POOL, No breakfast...no dogs. Scottish inn $45 per night. I take my daughter here once a month in the winter...we eat at blue mountain restraunt...Awesome food off 78 then hit up a few shops near the restraunt..amish/ pa dutch then go swimming and watch movies while we snuggle. We even take our Boxer sometimes. Awesome staff!!!! Lots of things to do...shopping is awesome!

• Stayed January 2013
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We weren't expecting a high level hotel stay, but what we found was poor. We chose this hotel because they allowed us to travel with our dogs ($10/dog/night surcharge, this is very reasonable). The Comfort Inn is located right off of the highway, so is easy to get to. The staff was pleasant and the breakfast was standard for this type of hotel. The room was disappointing - the bed was incredibly uncomfortable with a hard mattress and scratchy blanket/comforter. The sheets were thin, almost as thin as the walls! You could hear everything from the hallway and the rooms next door. The furniture, carpet, linens, and bathroom were outdated and need refreshing. Thankfully the room was clean and there were no bed bugs. If I was passing through and needed a hot shower, place to rest, and breakfast, I would stay here again, but this Comfort Inn would definitely not be a destination.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Newington, Connecticut
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn with my mom, grandmother, and aunt to do sightseeing. The staff at the front desk were very friendly. Our room was on the third floor and had 2 queen beds. If you eat at the Midway Diner located within walking distance, you will get a 10% discount. I enjoyed the deluxe continental breakfast. I even found 2 pennies from 1988 and 1994, 3 dimes from 1987,1988, and 2004, and a quarter from 1994 in one of the hallways. I did get to swim in the indoor pool. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Reading area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We booked our overnight stay - reservation was properly held for us. Helen at the front end was the nicest sweetest most well mannered lady I have had greet me in a while. Customer service was great - the rooms very very nice. Our room was king bed with two person whirlpool. For the cost was pleased we also got fridge microwave and coffee maker. Divine stay.

Room Tip: King room nonsmoking with whirlpool -worth it
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We make a monthly trip from our home near Pittsburgh to Brooklyn Ny to visit our daughter. Normally We make the drive straight through but decided to break up the trip this time. My title says it all. Let me be kind and simply say that the entire facility needs major updating. The young lady at check in was, however, very friendly and helpful. When the modem that sits on top of the non flat screen [ read really old] TV failed to work she came to the room to fix it. Lobby area, elevators and hallways really musty. Furniture and carpets somewhat dated and stained and the bedspreads were well let's say I was afraid to touch them. Next trip I'll drive all the way or will find a more modern facility further east.

Room Tip: Ask if they have any that have been remodeled
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Madison, New Jersey
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Decided to take a short trip to PA for some R&R and this hotel made it worth the $. I was a little surprised on the per night rate since there is no touristy type places nearby except for the Cabelas a couple of exits away.
Check in was quick easy, room was clean and modern, and top my little vacation hotel offers a free breakfast which includes DIY waffle machine, scrambled eggs, sausage, different types of breads & fruits, along with Oj and apple juice and coffee of course. Fifteen minutes after my huge breakfast I got ready for a swim in the indoor pool, plus note 2 times a week there is a pool exercise class.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank wizeazzgurl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethel
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hamburg
Ramada Pottsville
Ramada Pottsville
#2 of 2 in Pottsville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville)
Comfort Inn Pine Grove
Comfort Inn Pine Grove
#2 of 4 in Pine Grove
Hampton Inn Pine Grove
Hampton Inn Pine Grove
#1 of 4 in Pine Grove
Comfort Inn Lebanon Valley/Ft. Indiantown Gap

Been to Comfort Inn Midway? Share your experiences!