“Home away from Home”

Residence Inn Philadelphia Valley Forge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Berwyn
Reviewed November 21, 2011

i stayed in this hotel for almost 14 months and no complaints about this hotel & hotel staff all are too good. They are very helpful. Brekfast is very good , evening social are best part of this hotel.
This has all the facilites required at home. Only problem is they dont have shuttle bus service to and from airport or around the nearby area.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Tushar22

Reviewed September 8, 2011

My wife and I live very close to this hotel, and with no electricity for 4 days after Hurricane Irene, booked a room. It was a suite, and was exceptional, perfectly clean, neat, well appointed, quiet and spacious. Complete kitchen. King bed. The staff was very friendly, check in and out was seamless. The grounds and room staff were all friendly. Continental breakfast was excellent, hot, cold, fruit and drinks. I've driven past this place a thousand times as we live only blocks away, had no idea how nice it was, or that you can book it for one night or long periods of time. While I hope we're not without electric again for an extended period of time, I'd stay there again without even thinking about it. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone traveling in the Valley Forge area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MJA29
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I am platinum level SPG and silver (almost gold) in Marriott Rewards as I have to travel quite often for business. In my latest 2 trips to the Conshohocken, PA area, I ended up staying 10 miles away at this Residence Inn in Berwyn and was completely impressed both times. The first time I stay in June the check-in was easy, I spun a wheel and got an additional 1,000 marriott pts, and the staff went out of their way to tell me all about the amenities and other extras involved with the stay. The room for my first trip here was equally great. Large sized suite, great kitchen area (oven, full sized fridge, etc). What was more amazing, the 2nd stay here just a few weeks ago, they upgraded me to the "penthouse" suite which is essentially a 2 bedroom loft that had the same sized kitchen, the room had 3 42inch plasma TVs, a working fireplace, 2 bathrooms, comfortable working area, etc... My only knock on both of my trips was that they don't have wireless in the rooms! You have stay plugged in to the ethernet to get a internet connection which sucks. Also, the gym is awfully small. As far as location, other people have complained about it, but you have absolutely everything within a 3/4 mile radius from this hotel. Not only that, it is close to the highway, but just far enough (approx. 1 mile) that it is tucked away in a quiet location. I'll definitely be back to this hotel when I'm traveling to the Philly/Conshy area again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We have stayed at this Residence Inn several times, while visiting relatives who live in King of Prussia. The weekend rates seem to be quite a bit lower than the weekday rates, which is great for us, since we do all of our visiting on the weekends. There are 11 separate buildings, each with 2 floors. We usually request a room on the ground floor to avoid carrying our luggage up one flight of stairs to get to the second floor. The buildings with lower numbers are closer to the Check-In, Gatehouse, free breakfast, swimming pool and laundry, which may be desirable if you are traveling with small children. The rooms are typical of Residence Inns---full kitchen, table, desk, 2 chairs, small sofa, flat screen TV, comfy bed and small bathroom, dressing area and 3 closets. Housekeeping staff keeps the rooms clean and the front desk and kitchen staff are very friendly. This place is our home away from home!

Room Tip: We always ask for a room on the ground floor. The rooms on the second floor require walking up one...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2011

This is an older model Residence Inn -- which means outdoor access to all rooms. Great in the summer and on sunny days -- not so great if it's snowing or raining. The rooms are comfortable and very large -- great for families. It's not fancy, and the layout can leave you feeling a bit isolated, but everything worked and the sleep quality was just fine.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Jim_PSU
Reviewed September 26, 2010

. . .You will see the "good bones" on this place, but it is a bit on the old side, not fresh and brand new like some other Residence Inns I have stayed at. Let's start with the positives: The staff is super friendly and attentive. Shout out to "Tia" who was helpful in so many ways and ditto to "Frank" who cheerfully greeted me each time he saw me. The free breakfast is filling: eggs, sausage, gravy some fruit, various bread products, yogurt, oatmeal, and muffins. 24/7 on coffee and tea. The Inn looks a bit like a motel: you park in front of your door and enter/exit directly to the pavement. Each front "yard" is nicely landscaped with greenery and some flowers. Our 1st floor studio was roomy enough for the two of us. It consisted of three tables, a full kitchen and a bathroom. Temperature control was terrific. The down side: the room looked . . .worn, even keeping the reasonable price of these accomodations in mind. The net effect was that the room was a bit depressing, at least for me. A nice gym is very important to me. This gym consisted of nothing more than one bike and two treadmills, one of which was broken. The pool looked very nice and was outdoors. Would I recommend this hotel? Absolutely yes. It is close to anything you want to do: mall? check! Valley Forge park? check! dinner places? check! So, if only I could wave a wand and make the place all shiny and new, I would move in forever. The staff is that nice.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2009

We stayed with points, and they upgraded us to a "penthouse" room...what a fabulous room!!! great location right off the major highways and close to the King of Prussia mall. Very nice breakfast in the morning - would definitely recommend this place as a spot to spend the evening or longer.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berwyn
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge
Courtyard Philadelphia Devon
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia V...
#4 of 16 in King of Prussia
Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks
HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting
Radisson Hotel Valley Forge
Radisson Hotel Valley Forge
#5 of 16 in King of Prussia

Been to Residence Inn Philadelphia Valley Forge? Share your experiences!