“Food is OK, BUT...”

Phil's Famous Pizza & Steaks
Ranked #33 of 41 Restaurants in Berwyn
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed April 1, 2010

Unfortunately, the pizza at Phil's is pretty good. The reason I won't go there anymore is because the staff there is completely obnoxious. Once, after placing a phone-in order, I went to pick it up and actually had to ask Phil - 'Was that you on the phone? I can't believe that you are so rude'. It wasn't the first time that it was made to seem that my simply calling the place was an inconvenience to them. Never went back. Fortunately, there's better pizza in town (Mario's) and better service almost ANYWHERE. Go somewhere else.

6  Thank ilovepizza92

Reviewed June 7, 2009

I went into phil's pizza for the first time about 6 years ago. Up to this day, I choose not to go anywhere else for my pizza and cheesesteaks. The place is always clean and the food is great. I highly recommend it and can assure that it is worth it.

Reviewed September 16, 2008

I ordered a cheese steak at the counter and while waiting saw a waitress bring a tray with dirty dishes and trash on it to the counter, pick through the trash, wipe off the unused cracker packets and put them back into the box under the counter.

The guy standing next to me waiting to pick up his pizza shot me a look. One of the cooks pulled a lasagna out of the oven and cursed that it was burned. The owner came over to him, looked at it and told him, it was fine, to "ship it out". This was all in plain view of customers. There was a kitchen in back and I was not eager to see what was going on behind closed doors...

I turned and left without picking up my order.

6  Thank Steakdude