“Prettiest Cake Ever!”

Clays Creative Corner Bakery
Ranked #2 of 3 Bakeries in Berwyn
Reviewed July 18, 2007

I used Clay's for my wedding cake and was soooo happy with the cake that they brought. Contrary to one of the reviews I read on here, they had no problem delivering to Concordville, which is very close to Chads Ford. The cake was delicious and the coolest wedding cake anyone had ever seen. It was the topic of many conversations that night. I ordered a mad hatter cake (one that's a little topsy turvy). I told them the colors and what designs I wanted on each layer and it came out even better than I imagined it would!

3  Thank jennypancakes

Reviewed July 16, 2007

This is the cutest little bakery on the corner on Lancaster Avenue. The staff is friendly, helpful and very busy! I have ordered a cake from there for every birthday my children have had, and have never had a bad one.

1  Thank mainlinemommy
Reviewed March 28, 2007

I have gotten cakes from Clay's Bakery about a dozen times. They are incredible. Talented people. Nice People and THE BEST CAKE, that I've ever had. Everything that I have ever had there has been awesome. I am truly baffled by any negative reviews for Clays.

1  Thank InToddWeTrust
Reviewed February 17, 2007

My husband adored every morsel of Clay's Valentine's Day cupcakes and an over-sized, exquisitely decorated razzle dazzle heart cookie. I made an hour trek on 2/13, through the early stages of a major winter storm, to drop off a giftie/crafty bag to two great-nieces. While figuring which of four routes to take back home to Bucks County, it hit me - I was ten minutes from Clay's!

Thoughts of bitterly cold weather, snow and ice melted away as I stepped across the threshold and was wrapped in colorful sights, wonderful smells, and welcoming smiles. I walked out with the aforementioned cupcakes and fabulous cookie. The next day - 2/14 - we made short order of the cupcakes, finding the flavor and texture of the icing superior to our local bakeries, while the cake tasted similar to one my Mom made. The exquisite cookie lasted 2 1/2 days!

As for bakeries shutting down for two weeks at the end of the summer - - I had a similar experience with a neighborhood bakery near my home. When I went in to order my 09/03 wedding cake, I discovered the bakery shut down from the end of Aug until after Labor Day. (fyi - my neighborhood bakery also doesn't deliver orders - especially wedding cakes - as the cost of drivers, transportation, insurance, and liability for safe arrival of the cake would necessitate raising their prices.)

Reviewed January 4, 2007

I consider myself a "cake connoisseur". I am very finicky when it comes to not only the cake but the icing as well. Clay's cakes are by far the BEST cakes in the area! Their buttercream icing is to die for! My mom always buys my birthday cakes from Clay's. It is an annual ritual. Every August we go in and look through their impressive books of pictures to choose the "coolest" one. Their designs are amazing! I have never had a problem with a cake from Clay's. Plus, the staff is so friendly and helpful. One more thing, not only are their cakes amazing, their other "goodies" are phenomenal too. I LOVE their chocolate croissants! If you haven't visited Clay's, you are missing out on some delectable desserts!