“Nice place, nice atmosphere, huge bar”

McKenzie Brew House
Reserve with OpenTable
McKenzie Brew House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 42 Restaurants in Berwyn
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
PA
“Nice place, nice atmosphere, huge bar”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Short rib sliders were very good as was the pulled pork sandwich and beer. This place is huge, clean and very nice. I went for lunch and will go back soon.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank toughnlcentral

Akron, Ohio
“Great Steak / Server with Bad Attitude”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

The steak was delicious and tender, but the server was atrocious. She barely stopped to ask if our food was okay. The deserts were very large - 2 to 4 persons could share one.

The server, Colleen, was abrupt and unpleasant and made it clear she didn't have time for us. She was very crabby impatient and turned a nice meal into unpleasant experience.

The manager was wonderful. Don't judge just by the awful server -- the food and mgr were great.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank abovethetreeline
Downingtown, Pennsylvania, United States
“good food w/ good atmosphere”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We had a nice meal here, although we had to wait 20 minutes even with a reservation. The Steak out was delicious as was the pizza and the Caesar salad with tuna. Had a nice beer selection as well. Server was friendly and attentive. Will try this again!

• Visited December 2012
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Absolutely Fabulous!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Went to MeKenzie Brew House on Oct 1, 2012. I ate at the bar. I tried the IPA (wonderful) and the Pale Ale (very nice). I also tried the Seared Tuna appetizer. I consider myself a Ahi Tuna snob and was NOT dissappointed. I ordered it Blackened Rare, and it came out PERFECT! The bar tender was extremely friendly and very helpful. By far, one of the best Brew Houses I have ever been to... If you are in the Berwyn PA area, you must put this place at the top of the list.

• Visited October 2012
Pennsylvania
“Great place with different twist on some traditional foods”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have had both lunch and dinner here and can't wait to go back for more.
I had the short ribs for dinner and they were great. My friend had red snapper which was also delicious.
For lunch I had a chicken cheese steak with smoked gouda, caramelized onion, roasted peppers, garlic tomato aioli. It was great.
They have some very interesting salads that I can't wait to try.
The place is well appointed and the bar area is HUGE.
Service was very good on both our visits.

• Visited August 2012