“Hopefully we picked a bad night....”
Review of Aneu Bistro - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Aneu Bistro
Cuisines: American
Asheville, North Carolina
“Hopefully we picked a bad night....”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Its been a while since we ate at Aneu, have been fans since way back when it was simply Merediths. We made a late reservation ( 8:30 ) for Saturday night as they were busy, a large party was having an event. We arrived on time, but were told it was crazy, and so sat chatting at the bar until a table could be created for our party of 6. A lovely table, things looked up! Our waitress and hostess were charming, apologies flowed. Sadly, our now much anticipated meals were a complete let down. Not well prepared, rare steak was decidedly crisp, pork dry, it was probably a nightmare evening in the kitchen with the place overflowing with guests. We were kindly comped the salads and dessert & coffee, but again, not rave-able. So, with really lovely service and knowing that our experience was sub-par to put it mildly, we will stick with "hopefully we picked a bad night" and enquire as to any events being held simultaneously if & when we return.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Katrynjie

suburban philadelphia, PA USA
“thought it would be better”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

What to say...with the great building it's in along with the decor & atmosphere I was expecting that the food would be upscale & great; instead it was average & un-inspired. Not bad by any means, but not as good as it sounded, looked or as I thought it would be. Yet, with some tweaks to the menu & a bit of creativity thrown towards classic bistro fare this place could be great.

• Visited May 2012
Milford
“Aneu is a warm bistro in a great location”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We had a wedding rehearsal dinner at Aneu on the eve of May 25th. Meredith, the event planner and a caterer as well, communicated with me via email, and since I couldn't visit in person, we negotiated online. I had good recommendations from the bride's parents. Meredith provided a nice menu. We were supposed to offer beer and wine, but orders were taken much as an open bar. Our group didn't take advantage of that, and we were fine with that little oversight. The steak frite was unpredictable; no one asked about how well done the guest preferred the steak, and several were really a little underpar, quality-wise. I blame myself for not sampling, etc. The rest was wonderful, and the Chicken Piccatta got rave reviews as did the dessert choices. I really feel that we got our money's worth, and that this little place is a gem. Try it...it will or will not be for you, but I believe you'll enjoy Aneu.

Visited May 2012