“First Visit to Alfredo's”

Alfredo Italian byo
Reserve with OpenTable
Alfredo Italian byo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 42 Restaurants in Berwyn
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main
Transit: Across from Berwyn Station
Philadelphia, PA
“First Visit to Alfredo's”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Last night was our first visit to Alfredo's in Berwyn, and we had an excellent experience with another couple. Very reasonable price for great service and eats. Amazing how you can save monies by bringing your own wine:). Loved the lobster and crab ravioli, calamari, gnocchi, and mussels. We were too full to try the desserts. Fun atmosphere and will return.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank BRITOPSPIN

Rose Valley, Pa
“Go hungry!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Alfredo's is a charming byo in the Philly suburbs. We ate there with another couple and it was perfect. We had a table in the corner and could see people coming and going, plus it was private and pretty cozy but our waiter managed without a problem. He was attentive and patient explaining the specials and then going over it again when asked. The food was delicious! The bread comes with a special oil which our friends love all mixed together~ we had two helpings! I had the seafood ravioli special and it was outstanding. I ate every bite though I thought I'd end up taking some home as it was very rich. The serving was just the right size for me! We ended up spending $90 per couple with tip so this seems a bit pricey but the food and atmosphere were worth it!

• Visited December 2013
Phila. PA
“Great for Eight!!!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Had the extreme pleasure of dining at Alfredo on Friday night with a group of eight people. This was not the first time the eight if us gathered for a meal but it was our first trip ( and it will not be our last) to Alfredo's. The atmosphere is a little loud but we certainly contributed our share of noise!! We all were greeted in a very pleasant and welcoming manner. Outer table was round-- rare to find a place with a round table that comfortably accommodates eight adult diners. Our waitress was very attentive ( I noticed that she was extremely busy) she never ignored us or. She had assistance from other servers - the staff worked extremely well together. The food was great. Had the special homemade pasta special- very tasty!! There was no complaints about the food or service. We love good BYOBs-- this certainly is our favorite at present. The nicest part of the visit was the thank you our waitress gave us for our tip !!!

• Visited November 2013
Mont Clare, Pennsylvania
“As Good As It Gets ~”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We just enjoyed our Anniversary Dinner at this exquisite BYO Italian Ristorante. ALWAYS an excellent meal and great value and every time we come, there's something new and refreshing. My Lady enjoyed an amazing Caprese Ensalada and Ravioli Bolognese, and I loved my Calamari alla Griglia with Fava Beans, followed by a Lobster and Shrimp Scampi with Crimini's and Cherry Tomatoes...WOW!?! With but a little room left, we were compelled to share their Zeppole dessert ~ Cream Filled Fried Donut with Chocolate and Caramel dipping sauces which I chased with a rich Espresso! OMG!!!........We already can not wait to return ~

• Visited September 2013
“Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I met 2 old friends here on a Friday night. If you've ever been here you'd know to make a reservation early (530) was ours. When we arrived it was quiet and elegant. We were promtly greeted by our server, Nick. He offered to open our wine and told us about the specials for the evening (which are fantastic). The great thing about this place is their menu is great and reasonable, AND they always have such wonderful specials. I had the buratta which is fresh mozzarella and beets which was out of this world. My husband had tomato bisque with crabmeat, which of course I had a spoon full and was excellent. Our friends split a pear and pecorino salad which they said was great as well. Nick stopped by frequently and asked how everything was and if we needed anything. He then proceeded to tell us that the dressings for the salads, bread, and desserts are made fresh daily which was very inpressive. A very knowledgable and genuinely nice young man he was. Anyway on to our entrees. I ordered the Branzino which was cooked to perfection and filleted tableside by Nick who did a wonderful job, zero bones! My husband had the veal chop which was good and a very nice size. Our guests had the wide rigatoni with the short ribs and the veal sorrentino which they told me were fantastic. Another thing I liked was instead of the same old roasted potato most italian restaurants serve, our plates had a homemade serving of potatoes au gratin and asparagus. We usually don't do dessert but given the occasion and the fact Nick told us it is made fresh daily we had to try something. We all split an order of the zeppola which were okay, but what stood out was the toffee torte.
Overall a great experience, the only complaint I have was when we got up to leave, the place was full and loud. I don't recommend going at 7pm. Keep up the good work Alfredo's !

• Visited August 2013

Been to Alfredo Italian byo? Share your experiences!