“Wonderful park for families”

PPL Susquehanna Riverlands
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Berwick
More attraction details
Owner description: Picnicking, hiking, fishing and year-round nature programs along the Susquehanna.
Reviewed May 19, 2012

This park is very well kept and clean. Walking trails are well kept. Playground, bathrooms, rgrills, and picnic tables available, as well as pavillions to rent or use if open.

All reviews
"picnic"
in 8 reviews
"paths"

Reviewed April 4, 2012

My son and I were on one of our "americana road trips" we like to take. We found a great little (and I do mean little) restaurant in Catawissa, Pa (I'll review that later...TripAdvisor doesn't have it yet) We were talking to the waitress about our adventures for the day (Centralia, PA) and she suggested the PPL tour at the Susquehanna Power Plant. It took some time to find it, but after calling around and finally just getting in the car and driving north until we saw the cooling towerls we arrived. We hadn't been able to get anyone on the phone in the visitor center so I would suggest you call ahead. You do have the option of leaving your name for a call back. The tours aren't so frequent anymore. I think when she found out how far we had come, she felt sorry for us and found someone to take us on the tour. It was just my son and I and the tour guide. We got to ask all our questions and see the plant up close. It was very interesting and a great education for my son. Back at the visitor center is the Riverlands. It's a nice park/trail area. The surroundings are beautiful and the walking is flat so even if you aren't a seasoned walked you can manager to do at least one of the trails. There's an area for picnics and a play ground for the kids. There's even some sports areas like volley ball. The trip up Rt. 11 takes you through Berwick, PA and then along the river. The houses are beautiful and probably the result of coal fortunes.

2  Thank fifthandjapip
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Took our daughter there on a bike ride along the trails and dirt roads. No worries about cars, nice secluded wooded atmosphere along the Susquehanna.