“Wrong picture”
Review of Eagle Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bernville
Eagle Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Bernville B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The picture that is posted as the Eagle Hotel is really the Jefferson Diner on route 183. Now as for dinner at the Eagle. Anything pork has been good! Chef is Puerto Rican, so pork is good. The Jamaican Jerk chicken is good. Burgers are good. Some dinners are hit or miss. If you tell me there will be a specific ingredient to a dish I expect it to be in the dish. There have been times when that is not the case. Other wise food is good, the owners are trying to fix it up. They are working on a patio out back which looks great so far.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Beverly K
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Many of you have been following my reviews and have indicated that they find them very helpful. Nonetheless, here's another one for all of you. I visited the Eagle Hotel due to some of the reviews I read regarding the excellent food and great service they experienced. I must say that I gave this restaurant a try but with much hesitation due to my last experience with Havanna Joes on 422 East which is no longer open but I understand was run by the same owner. Yes, our server was pleasant and very eager to serve us but the food and drinks we ordered were lacking in many ways. The mango mojito was garneshed with a lime...where was the mango...not to mentioned there was more spritzer then liquior. So okay, pass the drink experience and whalllaaaa...we get our salad with an excellent bread roll which I must say was really good. But really salad...you really can't go wrong. We both ordered the jerk chicken...now let me just say that a previous blogger indicated that it was the same as what he has tasted in the Carribean...ummmmm which island? I've traveled all over the Carribean and can't remember my jerk chicken served at Eagle Hotel taste what I have experienced. Can I chuck it up to my roots and culture? Let's just say if any of you know the company GOYA...if not look it up. Everything on my plate tasted like it was reheated and bought frozen from the GOYA company. My black beans were hard and yet mushy. My rise was overly cooked. My platanos (plantains) didn't taste fresh. Listen, in the end if you don't know the difference between real Spanish food and can-frozen-box food then your okay with eating here because yes although good...it's not worth my 30 minute drive. Many of you don't like to enter Readign but lets just say you can eat a great fresh meal with all the fixin' for under $10.00. I'm disappointed simply because I've followed this chef since Judy's on Cherry then Havanna Joes and now in Bernville and just wish my taste buds would dance with joy when leaving as when he first showed up in the restaurant scene.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ARMANICHIC
Reviewed February 2, 2012

The Eagle used to be a dive bar. The current owners are trying to turn it around and doing a decent job. It's clean! We were back for the first time in many years. 3 meals- Jamaican jerk chicken was excellent-very fragrant and tasty AAA+++, The Cuban beef sandwich was tasty with a great roll but was beef was overcooked and dry as the Sahara desert I give it a B-. Cheeseburger ( asked for med-rare) was crisp around the edges, my teenage kid said it was not as good as BK so the burger gets a C. Flan dessert was super, A. I;m not quite ready for a return visit. Pizzaseekingmissle

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank brett53

Been to Eagle Hotel? Share your experiences!