“Old, Unique and Tasty!! Well worth a try!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Central Park Hotel

Central Park Hotel
Ranked #10 of 15 Restaurants in Benton
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Medford, New Jersey
“Old, Unique and Tasty!! Well worth a try!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

CENTRAL PARK HOTEL
We have owned a vacation home in the area for 30 years and had no idea this hotel even existed until it was recently suggested to us by a local merchant. Since we are always up for a new (hopefully good!!) dining experience, we checked it out. What a totally unique place!!! The main dining room houses well over forty, preserved animals (check out the buffalo!!!) with another focal point being a huge, gleaming yet ancient, potbelly stove. The Central Park Hotel has quite a history in this relatively remote area of Pennsylvania known as THE GATEWAY TO BIG GAME COUNTRY. The Hotel first opened to the public in 1872 and has pretty much remained unchanged outside and downstairs. Improvements were made upstairs to accommodate guests more comfortably and some additional housing was also added to the property which has been owned by Dave and Rose Bardo since 1972. The bottom line??? It's a cool place with great service, fair prices and good food!! My hubby and I began with a lovely little loaf of delicious homemade bread. We then shared a cup of seafood bisque (tasty but a bit salty,) a juicy Delmonico steak (cooked well but a tad unevenly) and a broiled seafood combo (yummy to the very last bite.). All in all, an enjoyable evening out. Let's face it... the CENTRAL PARK HOTEL has been in business for 141 years so it MUST be doing something right. It is.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Luise P

Quakertown, Pennsylvania
“Don't Let the Local Vibe Fool You!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

While staying at Red Rocks Mountain Campground the owner suggested this restaurant. I enjoy going to off the beaten path places and decided to give it a try. It was one of the best meals I've ever had.

The entrance to the restaurant was through the bar and the mountain-ish decor had me thinking it would be an average meal. We arrived around 6:30 and the bar was packed and so was the sit-down area. After ordering our meals we were pleasantly surprised by the fresh whole loaf of bread brought to our table on a cutting board. As my husband exclaimed, "This is the fluffiest bread I've ever had!"

Our meals were fantastic. I ordered the crab cakes which came with two sides. The two very large crab cakes were perfectly breaded and crispy, I could tell they used high quality ingredients. The side options were very ordinary. I ordered the broccoli salad which was out of this world and obviously home made. My husband ordered the chicken fettuccini and loved every bite.

The frosty mug beers were only $1.75.

If you are in the Ricketts Glen area do yourself a favor and eat at this restaurant. I am ready to travel the 2.5 hours for the crab cakes and broccoli salad again!

• Visited September 2013