“Falls everywhere”

Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Benton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Waterfalls everywhere, the sound of water was everywhere the beauty was like looking into another world

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Clean, well maintained park. I love the walk up to all the Falls. Lake Jean is actually up at the top, if you can walk that far. Great family place or a place that just clears your mind and leaves you with your thoughts.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is one of my favorite state parks ever! If you love waterfalls and are anywhere near northeast PA you must visit this park. Wear good walking shoes & bring your camera. We go at least once a year-been there in spring, summer, and fall. All trips were provided a great hike.

1  Thank BonnieMcBonBon
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is by far my favorite state park in Pa. The falls trail is incredible with waterfall after waterfall. I love taking my camera there. If hiking isn't your thing you can always park in the lower parking lot off of Route 118 ( I think that's the number) and from the parking lot you can hike a few feet to a really nice waterfall there instead. At the top of the mountain (it's very steep if coming from the bottom. Some vehicles have a hard time making it with campers) is the visitor's center and beautiful lake where you can rent kayaks and canoes during the summer months. If you don't want to be on the water you can relax on the beach which is plenty big enough for a lot of people. The kids like to swim in the lake when it's warm. Cabins and tent/camper sites are also available but I've never stayed there since I live so close to the park. I'd have to say that northern tier is my favorite part of Pa and to me this is the gateway to the northern tier.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

WOW 20 waterfalls in one park in one day Great natural trails Where the right shoes It is slippery when wet Be careful but get ther its close but yet a world away we camped about 30 min away a worlds End State park since Ricketts Glen does not have electric sites but I was able to have the best of both