“First B&B Experience”

Ranked #1 of 4 Benton B&B and Inns
Marysville, Pennsylvania
“First B&B Experience”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I picked this place to stay for our 3rd wedding anniversary that was close to Ricketts Glenn. We have never stayed at a B&B before, so we weren't 100% sure what to expect. We only stayed one night, however the hospitality of the owners, Laura & Mike, made us feel like one of the family. We arrived early at check-in and our room was already set up for us. When we returned from our hike, we found a complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. We stayed in the Masters Quarters which had a small porch, a king size bed, and a jacuzzi tub. Don't be alarmed by the Sasquatch in the backyard...he is harmless :) In the morning, we had a generous breakfast and hung out with the rest of the guests. Meeting the children and the pets (English bulldogs, cat, goats, and chickens) were also a plus! Definitely would recommend to anyone looking to visit the falls. Look out future B&B's this is the place to beat!!

11 Thank Shannon S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Sellersville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have been to several B&B's and The Old Tioga Inn is definitely my favorite!! Such a quiet, secluded area, with so many beautiful sights to see so close by! The gorgeous log cabin was just as great on the inside as on the outside. Laura and Mike were such wonderful hosts and really made me feel at home. (And boy can Laura cook!!!) I certainly hope I have the opportunity to return soon! :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
11 Thank Siobhan M
Emmaus, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Having spent 3 days at Tioga Inn we can honestly say it is a very special place. Laura loves to prepare a delicious breakfast for her guests.The home and settting among the trees made it a very relaxing environment . Meeting the children and the pets added to the special feeling you had of being part of the family. We enjoyed meeting the other guests at the breakfast table. Mike and Laura make every effort to make you feel at home . If we plan to be in that area again we will surely visit Mike and Laura and the children and pets at The Old Tioga inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Sylvia R
Queens, New York, United States
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I picked this place for its location as it might be as close as you get to the falls without staying on campgrounds. We spent 2 nights (in 2 different rooms) and have no regrets with our decision. The owners are very down-to-earth and friendly. As others have mentioned, they have a lovely family and some very cool pets. Rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. Generous breakfast portions too. Bonus points for the wrap around porch, treats, and good water pressure.

Room Tip: Rooms are exactly as advertised, the bathroom for the hunter's paradise room is not directly con...
12 Thank Andrew H
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I couldn't be happier with my stay at The Old Tioga Inn. My new wife, and I stayed here on our wedding night we arrived to a bottle of champagne, and chocolates which was an unexpected surprise. The room was terrific. Even better than described. The Bed was very comfortable. I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the room. I was a little startled when I looked out the patio doors, and saw a 7 foot Sasquatch statue in the woods. My wife got a kick out of my reaction because she had already known it was there. The whirlpool tub was AWESOME for a long day of running around in a tux, and unbroken in dress shoes. The next morning we woke up to breakfast from Laura. The food was fantastic. We had a french toast casserole sort of dish. There was REAL bacon....like ACTUAL bacon which was incredible. Little did I know (since we arrived at night, and everything was shockingly quiet) there were chickens, and goats in the BACK YARD!!. Laura, and mikes family were also great. Telling all about things we could see, and do locally. Her son accidentally let visitors upstairs from the basement....2 tiny English bulldog puppies. This was the best over night stay I have ever had. We will be back....multiple times I'm sure.

13 Thank Dallas S
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 5, 2013

There are not many places to choose from when staying in the Benton area but having The Old Tioga Inn as an option more than makes up for that. Why would anyone stay anywhere else??? The house and grounds are beautiful, the family that runs it is fun and goes out of their way to make you feel at home and the proximity to the Rickett's Glen State Park can't be beat (about a 5 minute drive). My fiancee and I spent 3 nights there and felt rejuvenated upon leaving. Can't say enough about how wonderful this place is, we will be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
13 Thank Lesley C
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay immensely. Mike and Laura greeted us warmly andwent the extra mile to help us celebrate our 30th Anniversary including a chilled bottle of champagne and homemade chocolate strawberries. The snacks and breakfast were par excellence and it is a good thing we hiked 8 miles around the trails at Ricketts Glenn. To top it off they have two wonderdul children and a menagerie of animals to enjoy. Their son even taught me how to gather fresh eggs from the hen house! We arrived home feeling rested, relaxed and pampered. We will definitely return!

Room Tip: My husband and I stayed here during our trip to Ricketts Glen and to celebrate our 30th Anniversery...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
14 Thank Torri D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benton
The Inn at Turkey Hill
Pine Barn Inn
Pine Barn Inn
#2 of 6 in Danville
Mattress and Muffin Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Old Tioga Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!