Though we only stayed one night, we slept wonderfully in an extremely clean, comfortable room. The bathroom was spotless. The breakfast was was quite good & the owners are very accommodating & amicable.
We stayed in the "Violet" room. The decor is a little mismatched in places; Mainly Victorian stylin' with oddly inserted modern details, like the minimalist square bathroom sink & large brown textured bathroom floor tiles. No matter, though, as this place was terrific & there were plenty of nice details.
The hostess was gracious in staying up a little late as our arrival was delayed several hours. She also offered a tray to carry some breakfast items up to my fellow traveler who refused to leave the super-comfortable bed for the 8AM breakfast: Quite understandable as the bed was a cloud.
Overall, excellent experience. Enjoyed the porch in the evening & the surrounding streets in the morning light. The home is on Main Street, which is a bit loud in the day as traffic travels up to 45 mph and it is the main conduit to Rickett's Glen State Park. But, at night & early morning it was extremely quiet & that's what really mattered to us. To be clear, in our room we could NOT hear the traffic. In fact, we slept with a window open, falling asleep to the lovely sound of crickets and the gentle breeze.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Restored Victorian amongst an art gallery, antiques, country store, golf, fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Mattress and Muffin Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mattress And Muffin Hotel Benton
- Mattress And Muffin Bed And Breakfast