“Convenient place for a stopover on I70”

Best Western Garden Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bentleyville
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Reasonable place to srop for the night when traveling on I70

Pros:
Close to the interstate although not obvious how to get to it as you come off at the exit
Building appears new and is clean inside
Bed very comfortable with good pillows (this is a big deal when you travel a lot)
Good work table / desk in room

Cons:
Breakfast very limited and not very appetizing. I would expect better than this and if you're looking for a breakfast to set you up for the day, this is not it.
Price about 10-15% higher than I would expect for a hotel of this quality / location
WiFi very slow. If you're relying on this to catch up on your work email, do some web searches, etc. you will need to be very patiernt.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Jessica B, Director of Sales at Best Western Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for providing us feedback from your stay at the Best Western Garden Inn. I’m pleased that you found our hotel to be convenient, clean, and comfortable. I apologize for your experience with the Wi-Fi, as it usually works great. We will contact our internet provider to ensure this issue is resolved. I’m sorry you weren’t satisfied with our complimentary, hot breakfast. We provide our guests everything we can to ensure a great meal and start to the day. Thanks again for your review and choosing the Best Western Garden Inn!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Garden Inn

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Northbound on 1-79 looking for a Best Western near Pittsburgh and this one popped up...but it's about 10 miles off I-79, on I-70. It was a Saturday night and the hotel was very quiet...there is nothing around there to suggest staying any longer than needed. No complaints with the staff or the room...large room, clean, polite staff, but overpriced given its location and compared with other BW's further south. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank david g
Jessica B, Director of Sales at Best Western Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Best Western Garden Inn. We appreciate your compliments about our friendly staff, clean rooms, and excellent hot breakfast. I will pass along your concerns regarding our rate to the general manager. Every hotel sets its rates based upon supply & demand and the other comparable hotels' rates in the area. Our hotel is actually one of the lower priced hotels in the Washington – Belle Vernon, PA area. Thanks again for your great review and choosing the Best Western Garden Inn!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This Best Western was great. We only stayed one night, since we were in Bentleyville for a baby shower. My granddaughter swam in the pool for about 3 hours and we all enjoyed the breakfast. Very clean rooms

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BuckeyeMarty
Jessica B, Director of Sales at Best Western Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

We really appreciate your 5 star, great review of the Best Western Garden Inn! I'm pleased that you and your family enjoyed our amenities - clean room, swimming pool, and hot breakfast. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights with my family. The rooms were very clean and the hotel was as well. The breakfast buffet was good with make your own waffles and pancakes which the kids enjoyed, there was also an egg omelette with sausage on one day and grits the other day. There was also yogurt, cereals, pastries and bagels etc. with juices and coffee & tea. The pool was nice althought we did not get a chance to use it. The staff was very friendly andwe would recommend this hotel for your future travels.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Jessica B, Director of Sales at Best Western Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing the Best Western Garden Inn and providing a great review! We appreciate your compliments about our hotel's cleanliness and Hot Breakfast buffet. Our staff strives to ensure every guest has a clean and comfortable stay. Thanks again for the review and recommendation!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

While traveling home on New Year's Day after a visit to relatives our car broke down and we had to find a pet friendly hotel the night. I had never stayed in a hotel with a pet before and wasn't sure what I would find. I was very pleasantly surprised to find a very clean hotel, with a very clean room, and comfortable beds. Since we were without transportation we were able to order delivery for dinner, and there was also a nice breakfast at the hotel.The staff was very friendly. We were able to have a later check-out while we waited for our car.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Paula M
Jessica B, Director of Sales at Best Western Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel! I'm pleased that you found our accommodations clean and comfortable for your family and pet. However, I'm sorry for the unfortunate circumstance, for which you had to stay at our property. Thank you for complimenting our staff - we strive to offer a friendly, welcoming, and clean enviroment for our guests. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel is nice enough... except the pool looked like a holding site for a water treatment station. The rooms were clean. When we left for dinner at about 4pm.. the hotel was clean and tidy and the lot nearly empty. When we got back, almost every spot was taken by gas drilling trucks and pick-ups. It was drizzly out, and the mud and slime from the trucks was dripping off and coated the lot and entry.. We found mud on the carpets, elevators, floors. Promptly at 5:00 am SUNDAY morning.. all those trucks started up, belching exhaust and noise.. and off the work they went.. Luckily for us.. the HVAC unit would not cycle properly.. so we had shut if off... and didn't get too smoked out in the morning...I was away on a mini-vacation and this was not how the weekend I was looking for was supposed to go. Would say have to say "Keep Going."

Room Tip: Keep Going. Sorry.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay at our property. I apologize that your stay didn't meet or exceed your expectations. Our swimming pool is in need of being painted; however, we of course chemically treat it and it is tested every week by an independent company for proper levels. I'm pleased that you found your room and our property to be clean. We do have guests staying that work outdoors, which does cause mud. Our staff works hard to make sure that our property is clean. I'll speak to the housekeeping department about cleaning again in the evening, after the working guests come back. I'm sorry that you didn't experience a peaceful night's sleep. We strive to accommodate all guests and again, I'm sorry that you were disappointed with your stay.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I needed to take an alternate route from Indiana to New York in order to avoid lake-effect snow so I decided to go through southern Pennsylvania. This hotel was chosen because it was pet-friendly ($20 fee) plus had a microwave and refrigerator in the room, plus free WiFi. I was pleased with the check in service and was able to load all my gear onto one luggage cart (including my cat) and lug it up to my second floor room. As I was unpacking and settling in, I passed numerous travelers and their canine companions. This hotel seemed to be full of both two and four-legged travelers right before the holiday weekend.
The laundry was right outside the elevator on the second floor and included a single washer & dryer. The ice machine on the first floor was out of service but the one on the third floor was operational. I believe there was an indoor heated pool but I did not use it.
I brought food to use in the microwave and then realized I forgot a bowl & silverware. The front desk directed me to the breakfast area where there was a supply of both. The room was clean and comfortable and suited our needs for a single night.
In the morning I ate breakfast in the dining area before packing up for the rest of my trip. The breakfast was the standard (free) continental breakfast menu. Check out was easy and the location was about half way between my starting point and my final destination.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Jessica B, Director of Sales at Best Western Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide your great feedback! I'm glad that our location was ideal for your trip and that our accommodations were clean and comfortable for your stay. With so many people traveling with their pets, we are pleased to welcome them at our property. Thanks again for your review and Happy New Year!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bentleyville
Holiday Inn Express Bentleyville
#3 of 20 in Washington
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 7 in Belle Vernon

Been to Best Western Garden Inn? Share your experiences!