“Like staying on a well drilling site”

Best Western Garden Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bentleyville
Voorhees
“Like staying on a well drilling site”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel is nice enough... except the pool looked like a holding site for a water treatment station. The rooms were clean. When we left for dinner at about 4pm.. the hotel was clean and tidy and the lot nearly empty. When we got back, almost every spot was taken by gas drilling trucks and pick-ups. It was drizzly out, and the mud and slime from the trucks was dripping off and coated the lot and entry.. We found mud on the carpets, elevators, floors. Promptly at 5:00 am SUNDAY morning.. all those trucks started up, belching exhaust and noise.. and off the work they went.. Luckily for us.. the HVAC unit would not cycle properly.. so we had shut if off... and didn't get too smoked out in the morning...I was away on a mini-vacation and this was not how the weekend I was looking for was supposed to go. Would say have to say "Keep Going."

Room Tip: Keep Going. Sorry.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jessica B, Director of Sales at Best Western Garden Inn, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay at our property. I apologize that your stay didn't meet or exceed your expectations. Our swimming pool is in need of being painted; however, we of course chemically treat it and it is tested every week by an independent company for proper levels. I'm pleased that you found your room and our property to be clean. We do have guests staying that work outdoors, which does cause mud. Our staff works hard to make sure that our property is clean. I'll speak to the housekeeping department about cleaning again in the evening, after the working guests come back. I'm sorry that you didn't experience a peaceful night's sleep. We strive to accommodate all guests and again, I'm sorry that you were disappointed with your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Terre Haute
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I needed to take an alternate route from Indiana to New York in order to avoid lake-effect snow so I decided to go through southern Pennsylvania. This hotel was chosen because it was pet-friendly ($20 fee) plus had a microwave and refrigerator in the room, plus free WiFi. I was pleased with the check in service and was able to load all my gear onto one luggage cart (including my cat) and lug it up to my second floor room. As I was unpacking and settling in, I passed numerous travelers and their canine companions. This hotel seemed to be full of both two and four-legged travelers right before the holiday weekend.
The laundry was right outside the elevator on the second floor and included a single washer & dryer. The ice machine on the first floor was out of service but the one on the third floor was operational. I believe there was an indoor heated pool but I did not use it.
I brought food to use in the microwave and then realized I forgot a bowl & silverware. The front desk directed me to the breakfast area where there was a supply of both. The room was clean and comfortable and suited our needs for a single night.
In the morning I ate breakfast in the dining area before packing up for the rest of my trip. The breakfast was the standard (free) continental breakfast menu. Check out was easy and the location was about half way between my starting point and my final destination.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Jessica B, Director of Sales at Best Western Garden Inn, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your great feedback! I'm glad that our location was ideal for your trip and that our accommodations were clean and comfortable for your stay. With so many people traveling with their pets, we are pleased to welcome them at our property. Thanks again for your review and Happy New Year!
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located, and it's pet friendly. We had a moving truck with a car carrier attached, and it was easy to find parking (in the back or in the parking lot next door) and easy to get around the hotel without needing to back up. It was clean, breakfast decent, and staff friendly. A good place for an overnight stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jessica B, Director of Sales at Best Western Garden Inn, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel and providing such wonderful feedback! I'm pleased that you found our accommodations clean, convenient, and easily accessible. We appreciate your business and recommendation! Have a wonderful Holiday Season!
NEWPORT
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

We stay at the same hotel every year during the month of Nov Dec for pa hunting season. The staff is awesome the go out of there way for you. We get up to go hunting at4am and we ask them for the continental breakfast when it doesn't start till6am and they set it out early for us.great location to.

• Stayed December 2011
Jessica B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Garden Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful comment! Our staff strives to make our guests' stays a great experience. We appreciate your busniness and hope you can visit again in the near future!
berwick
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Exceptional hotel with great bed, and decent breakfast. Clean and well appointed. A bit expensive for an overnight stay but due to the quality of the sleep well worth the price. Wifi works with no difficulties. Large selection for breakfast. Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your great feedback with others! I'm glad you had a good and comfortable night's sleep. Thank you for choosing the BW Garden Inn and we look forward to your next visit!
United States
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This hotel is very clean. The staff were nice and professional. The rooms were good sized and included microwave and refrigerator. (You would think that would be standard, but the last three hotels I've stayed at either didn't have them or charged extra for them!) There is vending on each floor, and an indoor pool. The housekeeper even stopped to help my son glue paper on the craft project he was working on and sang happy birthday to him while I was rocking the baby to sleep. He loved that. The only complaint I have is that there isn't anything non-slip in the bath. It is VERY slippery, so now I have bruises on my arm and leg. Luckily I showered first so I was able to put a towel in the bottom of the tub before my son got in. Other than that, I have no complaints and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Your comments are important to us, so thank you for sharing your concerns about our bathtubs. We've had a company apply a non slip surface to all of our tubs in order to keep our guests safe. I apologize for your experience and I appreciate your feedback. I will pass along your kind compliments to our staff - especially the Housekeeping staff, who work hard to keep our hotel very clean. Thanks again!
Brookeville, Maryland
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This motel in Bentleyville is a good choice because it's one of only two here at I-70 and costs less than the Holiday Inn Express next door. While its prices have gone up, at least the Best Western has also improved some of its amenities, especially the breakfast included in its rates. One can now get a full breakfast complete with sausage and cheese omelet, pancakes and waffles, fresh fruit and the usual assortment of rolls, cereals and drinks. The WiFi works well and rooms have a microwave and small refrigerator - nice that a grocery store is up and across the street. A king room comes with a sofa, too. There's also a pool and very small exercise room (3 pc equipment) plus the usual hair dryer and iron.

Room Tip: For a quieter room, ask for one room away from the elevator on second or third floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing our hotel and sharing your nice comments! We appreciate it that you have noticed our improvements. Our owners and management continually work on updating and upgrading our facility, in order to better serve our guests. As you mentioned, we now serve a hot breakfast and we are now in the process of placing new furniture in our rooms. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bentleyville
Holiday Inn Express Bentleyville
#3 of 20 in Washington
Hampton Inn Belle Vernon
Hampton Inn Belle Vernon
#1 of 7 in Belle Vernon

Been to Best Western Garden Inn? Share your experiences!