“Recommend”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bentleyville
United States
“Recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

This hotel is very clean. The staff were nice and professional. The rooms were good sized and included microwave and refrigerator. (You would think that would be standard, but the last three hotels I've stayed at either didn't have them or charged extra for them!) There is vending on each floor, and an indoor pool. The housekeeper even stopped to help my son glue paper on the craft project he was working on and sang happy birthday to him while I was rocking the baby to sleep. He loved that. The only complaint I have is that there isn't anything non-slip in the bath. It is VERY slippery, so now I have bruises on my arm and leg. Luckily I showered first so I was able to put a towel in the bottom of the tub before my son got in. Other than that, I have no complaints and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jessica B, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Garden Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Your comments are important to us, so thank you for sharing your concerns about our bathtubs. We've had a company apply a non slip surface to all of our tubs in order to keep our guests safe. I apologize for your experience and I appreciate your feedback. I will pass along your kind compliments to our staff - especially the Housekeeping staff, who work hard to keep our hotel very clean. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Brookeville, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

This motel in Bentleyville is a good choice because it's one of only two here at I-70 and costs less than the Holiday Inn Express next door. While its prices have gone up, at least the Best Western has also improved some of its amenities, especially the breakfast included in its rates. One can now get a full breakfast complete with sausage and cheese omelet, pancakes and waffles, fresh fruit and the usual assortment of rolls, cereals and drinks. The WiFi works well and rooms have a microwave and small refrigerator - nice that a grocery store is up and across the street. A king room comes with a sofa, too. There's also a pool and very small exercise room (3 pc equipment) plus the usual hair dryer and iron.

Room Tip: For a quieter room, ask for one room away from the elevator on second or third floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing our hotel and sharing your nice comments! We appreciate it that you have noticed our improvements. Our owners and management continually work on updating and upgrading our facility, in order to better serve our guests. As you mentioned, we now serve a hot breakfast and we are now in the process of placing new furniture in our rooms. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit!
Allentown PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Good for dog travel. Staff was pleasant and breakfast was OK. Was a good stop on last leg of a cross country trip. Easy access, basic services are adjacent. As others mentioned, seems pricey due to oil/gas folks working so expect to see large trucks and machinery adjacent, but did not hear much noise even though quite close to highway.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your nice review! I'm glad you found our property easily accessible from I-70 and appreciated our pet friendly rooms. We appreciate your business, thank you!
Marietta, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I arrived early afternoon for a 10 hour stay..small blacktop truck parking lot in rear...really nice for a best western ..lobby was nice ..rooms were very spacious and nice...great beds, A/C worked good , good water pressure and everything was spotless...girls at desk were also very freindly...major turnoff for me was the walls must be very thin and uninsulated I could hear the people in the next room as if they were in my room...between their TV and kids I had a terrible time sleeping in the daytime...I ask for a room that would be fairly quiet due to being a day sleeper , well I didnt get a quiet room...these people were probably a little more noisey than most but I still think the walls were thinner than most motels( microtels are bad about thin walls too)...all in all this is a great place ,just wish it was more quieter..a little on the pricey side also $130.00...but most motels along this stretch of I-70 are pricey due to the oil and gas people everywhere...

Room Tip: hopr the people in the next room are quiet or you will hear them...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I apologize that you didn't receive a quiet room and good rest during your stay. I appreciate your feedback and I'm pleased that otherwise, you found our hotel to have nice amenities. I hope that you will stay with us again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

I just wrote about another hotel. I give the negatives and positives. Found this hotel by accident. No other place had vacancies. Pool was great with plenty of towels. Rooms were spacious with microwave and fridge. Staff was way beyond friendly. Breakfast was great. Coffee was okay, but I'm a Starbucks fan. In fact, I overheard one of the staff stating they needed more eggs made because they were flying off the tray. The guy making more said he was happy people liked it. This is the place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012
I'm happy you had a wonderful stay at our hotel! Thank you for sharing your great experience with others. We sincerely appreciate your business!
Rockaway, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

We stayed here on April 12th, 2012. It was clean, comfortable, and friendly. The computers in the business center were fast, and a printer was provided. The beds were soft, the sheets even smelled faintly of bleach, which I associate with CLEAN! The shower had plenty of little shelves for shampoo, conditioner, etc, and a place to hang a wet washcloth. The breakfast was a little lacking (only two apples on display for fresh fruit, no meat at all) but I'd think the rest of the hotel makes up for that. We didn't use the pool, but it did look nice, except for the fact that it looked like it was time to drain it to paint the walls and floor. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer F
Thank you for the 5 star rating and your wonderful comments! We now serve a hot breakfast and we are in the process of updating/painting our pool. I hope that you will stay with us again and enjoy these updates!
West Caldwell, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

We enjoyed an overnight stay at this hotel while doing a college search in the area. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and more than happy to answer any questions. It was an excellent value for the price. The breakfast that was included was definately "continental" including danish, english muffins, toast, cereal, yogurt, etc. The "hot" item was waffles, which my husband and son enjoyed. It has an indoor pool, but I'm not sure if there were other activites for younger children. I would definately recommend this hotel and would stay again if our travels brought us to this area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Debra S
We really appreciate your complimentary review! I will pass along your nice comments to our staff. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to having you as our guests if you're in the area again! Also, if you're in the area to visit someone at a local college, mention that, to receive a 15% discount!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bentleyville
Holiday Inn Express Bentleyville
#3 of 7 in Belle Vernon
No photo provided
Clarion Inn Belle Vernon
#5 of 7 in Belle Vernon

Been to BEST WESTERN Garden Inn? Share your experiences!