“great place ...but thin walls..”

Best Western Garden Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bentleyville
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I arrived early afternoon for a 10 hour stay..small blacktop truck parking lot in rear...really nice for a best western ..lobby was nice ..rooms were very spacious and nice...great beds, A/C worked good , good water pressure and everything was spotless...girls at desk were also very freindly...major turnoff for me was the walls must be very thin and uninsulated I could hear the people in the next room as if they were in my room...between their TV and kids I had a terrible time sleeping in the daytime...I ask for a room that would be fairly quiet due to being a day sleeper , well I didnt get a quiet room...these people were probably a little more noisey than most but I still think the walls were thinner than most motels( microtels are bad about thin walls too)...all in all this is a great place ,just wish it was more quieter..a little on the pricey side also $130.00...but most motels along this stretch of I-70 are pricey due to the oil and gas people everywhere...

Room Tip: hopr the people in the next room are quiet or you will hear them...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Jessica B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for your review. I apologize that you didn't receive a quiet room and good rest during your stay. I appreciate your feedback and I'm pleased that otherwise, you found our hotel to have nice amenities. I hope that you will stay with us again!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Garden Inn

Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

I just wrote about another hotel. I give the negatives and positives. Found this hotel by accident. No other place had vacancies. Pool was great with plenty of towels. Rooms were spacious with microwave and fridge. Staff was way beyond friendly. Breakfast was great. Coffee was okay, but I'm a Starbucks fan. In fact, I overheard one of the staff stating they needed more eggs made because they were flying off the tray. The guy making more said he was happy people liked it. This is the place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012

I'm happy you had a wonderful stay at our hotel! Thank you for sharing your great experience with others. We sincerely appreciate your business!

Reviewed April 17, 2012

We stayed here on April 12th, 2012. It was clean, comfortable, and friendly. The computers in the business center were fast, and a printer was provided. The beds were soft, the sheets even smelled faintly of bleach, which I associate with CLEAN! The shower had plenty of little shelves for shampoo, conditioner, etc, and a place to hang a wet washcloth. The breakfast was a little lacking (only two apples on display for fresh fruit, no meat at all) but I'd think the rest of the hotel makes up for that. We didn't use the pool, but it did look nice, except for the fact that it looked like it was time to drain it to paint the walls and floor. I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer F

Thank you for the 5 star rating and your wonderful comments! We now serve a hot breakfast and we are in the process of updating/painting our pool. I hope that you will stay with us again and enjoy these updates!

Reviewed January 31, 2012

We enjoyed an overnight stay at this hotel while doing a college search in the area. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and more than happy to answer any questions. It was an excellent value for the price. The breakfast that was included was definately "continental" including danish, english muffins, toast, cereal, yogurt, etc. The "hot" item was waffles, which my husband and son enjoyed. It has an indoor pool, but I'm not sure if there were other activites for younger children. I would definately recommend this hotel and would stay again if our travels brought us to this area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Debra S

We really appreciate your complimentary review! I will pass along your nice comments to our staff. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to having you as our guests if you're in the area again! Also, if you're in the area to visit someone at a local college, mention that, to receive a 15% discount!

Reviewed January 9, 2012

My adult daughters and I stayed at this hotel on the way home from a vacation in the South. The location (on the interstate) and the price are what first drew us to this hotel. The beds were comfortable, the hotel appeared very clean and bright and the indoor pool looked inviting. We were most impressed by the continental breakfast in the morning. At first glance it looked like nothing special until we noticed how many options there were. Cereals, bread, bagels, muffins, danish, various juices, a variety of milk products, waffles, etc. All the usual fare but displayed nicely and cleanly. There was a staff member available to clean up and assist us with our food choices. We really enjoyed our stay. If we were in the area again, we would certainly stay here. The only negative was the older gentleman at the desk during our check-in. Although efficient, he really didn't seem to make much effort to make us feel welcome after our LONG drive.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CraftyMom58

Thank you for taking the time to share your excellent review! I apologize that your interaction with the front desk clerk wasn't up to our standards of being friendly and welcoming. I will address this issue with our staff. Thank you for choosing BW Garden Inn!

Reviewed September 26, 2011

the room was clean and the bed was really comfortable. enjoyed the pool, it was a nice and quite room.I thought the location was great and it was off the highway. Not much of a selectation on the breakfast, but I would go back again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2011

The hotel was clean and convenient, but the older gentleman at the desk when I checked in and out was very rude, not at all pleasant or helpful. As you know first impressions mean everything and because this man was unlikeable I would not go back. I wrote Best Western about this and they wrote me back and apologized and said they would address this problem but I have my doubts about that.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Inkydoo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bentleyville
Holiday Inn Express Bentleyville
#1 of 7 in Belle Vernon
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#8 of 20 in Washington

Been to Best Western Garden Inn? Share your experiences!