“Nice place to stay off highway 70”

Holiday Inn Express Bentleyville
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bentleyville
Lille, France
“Nice place to stay off highway 70”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Traveling cross country and this is a very nice place to stay. Very nice staff and has AAA and government discounts. It's reasonably priced and has a small but adequate work out room, pool and a complementary breakfast with all the normal trimmings.
A bit tough to find off highway 70 in the dark but worth the hunt.

• Stayed August 2013
Guadalupe J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bentleyville, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your great feedback! We're pleased to know you like our hotel. Our staff strives to make sure every guest loves their stay and I'm thrilled that you did! I am very sorry for the trouble on finding us in the dark but I'm glad that even with that you enjoyed our hotel. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Georgia
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were in town for a church mission trip and were blessed by Bruce, the staff & the accommodations. Thank you so much for having us. May God continue to bless your hotels & extend the gift of true hospitality - Christ's way!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the blessings. We're glad to know you enjoyed your stay and hope you choose us again if you ever come back to this area and thank you for taking the time to write your review
Forest City, Iowa
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We came here for a one night staycation near our home. We traveled with our two sons ages 9 and 10. We checked into the hotel and the front desk clerk was very nice. We had a room on the 2nd floor of the property. The floors in the rooms are hardwood and not a speck of carpet in sight. That was different but I must admit I prefer carpeting. The room was clean. They have an outdoor pool and we went out to swim. No towels in the pool area at all. Then as we started to get into the pool we noticed literally hundreds of small bugs in the pool water. Disgusting to say the least. There was a lot of hall noise that evening in the hallway. We did not get to sleep until around 2am. Breakfast the next morning was typical Holiday Inn Express fare. It was good. I would stay here again in a pinch but would not drive out of my way to stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Keith H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bentleyville, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear houstonguy2010,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We just want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We are disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on this particular day. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Once again, thank you for your time and staying with us.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Elkridge
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed here during a road trip in Western Pennsylvania. The hotel is located in a somewhat remote area, however, there is a great deal of heavy industrial work in that area so the hotel was pretty full, even during the week. I immediately knew I made a good choice when I checked in and saw the sign that said "hot soup at 7:00". Now that is service and they also had a popcorn machine! My room was in the front of the hotel and the sounds of the road were very distant. I had a nice couch so I could read in front of the window and I adored the hardwood floors. The hotel recognized me as a priority club gold member which I continue to appreciate immensely. If you want to take a walk, you can circle around the hotel and the neighboring one, but anything else will take you right out to a main road. There is a grocery store within an easy drive. I return to the area frequently and I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I occupied a room in the front of the hotel so I could look out at my car. I was not disturbed by...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed our hot soup and popcorn that night and that everything was great with your stay. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This place is one of the nicest Holiday Inns...friendly staff, hardwood floors add a perfect touch. I stay here every time I am in the area. Beds are comfortable, tv is modern & large. Rooms are always clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Guadalupe J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bentleyville, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
We love to know how much you enjoy our hotel and to be able to serve you every time you are in our area. 100% guest satisfaction is our goal and I am glad that this has been your experience. I hope that you will continue to choose us and hope to see you soon!
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had to travel to Brownsville, PA for a funeral and I picked this hotel from the reviews of other Holiday Inns in the area.
My wife loved this hotel, if we go back to this area we would certainly stay here again. The big thing for us was how clean everything is here, from the lobby, breakfast area and to the rooms including the bathroom were just immaculate. They have the laminate floors that look like wood instead of carpet, this adds to the clean appearance of the rooms.
The hot breakfast was very nice both days, parking is plentiful and they have a daily 7pm soup of the day and fresh popped popcorn in the lobby as an added touch of hospitality. There is also a restaurant on the other side of the parking lot, a McDonalds, Burger King and Giant food store within walking distance.
The only negatives were that on Sunday we had to wait a while for food as they ran out of most of the hot food, it took about 10 minutes to get eggs, sausage etc.
I had booked 4 rooms for family members but only 3 were on the reservation, I think this may have been my fault because I know I made the modification to the reservation but I didn't get a verification of the change. Also, when we were checking out, we were all charged $139 instead of the reservation price of $119, we almost missed this. When checking out the person on duty couldn't fix it, I asked the person on the desk to send an email to verify it was fixed and didn't receive that either. I had to call back to ensure that it was done and spoke to my hero Mandy :-)
In both of these situations, I have to thank Mandy for fixing the billing error and also finding a 4th room for us when the hotel was sold out on Friday Night. She was not on duty when both situations occurred but worked on several options and finally found a room in time when the last in our group arrived. Thanks so much Mandy for making the extra effort for us when you were very busy Friday Evening.
They have an outdoor pool but we didn't get the chance to use it. In Summary, the hotel is clean, the beds are comfortable and the staff is responsive. Our group enjoyed our stay and would come back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest:
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how was your stay at our hotel. It's always nice to know we are doing a great job on keeping our guests happy. I apologize for the inconvenience you had at check in and check out time and I'm happy to know that Mandy went above and beyond to help you resolving these issues. Mandy is one of the great employees we have at our hotel and will always do the right thing for our guests.
We are glad to know that you enjoy the complimentary soup and popcorn as well as our hardwood floors in the rooms.
Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you soon.

Best Regards
Guadalupe Jimenez
Assistant GM
Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I'm so disappointed in this hotel. It was a new hotel so I figured I wouldn't have any problems. My room appeared to be clean and looked very nice and modern. I return to my room after graduation rehearsal to a room full of stink bugs. I called the front desk to talk to the manager and the manager said she couldn't do anything. Long story short, I checked out the next day and will never
stay at this hotel again. I'm so unhappy!!!

Room Tip: Ask about their stink bug issue.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Guadalupe J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bentleyville, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Hello:
My name is Lupe, I'm the Assistant GM at the hotel and I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experience on your recent stay. I also wanted to let you know that I would like to fix this issue. Unfortunately I do not recall having this issue at our property. I have talked to all my front desk staff and neither one of them recall taking a call from a room with this issue.
If you can please give me a call at: 724-239-7700 I would be more than happy to assist you.
Again; I'm sorry for the inconvenience and hope to hear back from you to resolve this issue.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bentleyville
Best Western Garden Inn
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 7 in Belle Vernon
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Belle Vernon

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bentleyville? Share your experiences!