“Lukewarm meal”

On the Border
Ranked #13 of 151 Restaurants in Bensalem
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Trevose, PA
“Lukewarm meal”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have been to this restaurant three times. We sat outside today. There are eight tables. They allow smoking, so there is a slight scent of smoke in the air. We did not have to wait at all. The wait staff was very friendly. I ordered the brisket taco. It had shaved crispy onions on top. It had a good taste, but the meal was served lukewarm. My husband had skirt steak ranchero, which he liked. The black beans which were served on the side were good. The rice was ok. If you sit inside, the music is loud. The price was average.

• Visited September 2013

Feasterville, Pennsylvania
“good mexican place in bensalem area..”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I hope his review would help someone to decide to choose this place. I am a frequent customer of the Mexican joint. its clean, the wait staff is very good, and the food is very good as well.
on the weekend prepare to wait for at least 30 to 45 minutes as this place is jam packed on the weekends.

I love the complimentary chips and salsa they provide while you decide what to order. i love their strawberry swirl margaritas. you can also order margaritas by pitchers. Their appetizers are also tasty with their different sauces. we always order the pepper jack chicken enchiladas. they taste amazing with the right amount of sauces so that it doesn't make the food soggy.

I read a couple of reviews about how people feel that its not an authentic Mexican restaurant and people would rather make authentic Mexican at home and eat, well you should definitely eat at home then. I don't understand the complaints,. its a very good restaurant and very good food. would definitely recommend this place.

• Visited May 2013
Phila, PA
“Horrible fake Mexican food!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Again, I hate chain restaurants & this is a perfect example of why. This is supposed to be a Mexican restaurant. There is not a trace of authentic Mexican cooking to be found! I've tried this place twice & both times was extremely disappointed. The food was not Mexican food, it was a poor American version! I will never step foot in this place again. I make authentic Mexican food from scratch & that's what I like. I now look for small Mexican restaurants that look like holes in the wall. That's where I find the real thing!

Visited August 2012
PA
“Upgraded Taco Bell”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I'm not expecting an authentic Mexican experience when I go to On the Border. I expect decent enchiladas, tacos and salsa, and that is pretty much what you get. Fresh chips and salsa (chunky tomatoes with chopped onion) with a bit of a kick, but overall decent. Chips occasionally come out a little soggy so it does seem they are made on premises. Wait staff pretty friendly, bathrooms are clean, service usually good unless terribly busy. Food is good and pretty reasonable value.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank phillyfit
Bristol, Pennsylvania
“Good food”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The food is good depending on what you order. They don't seem to have hot sauce at the table, but I asked the waiter and he brought me a bottle of hot sauce. Not as "Mexican" as I would like but worth the trip now and then.

• Visited March 2013