“Nice time away from the kids”

Inn of the Dove - Bensalem
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Bensalem
oakford , pa
“Nice time away from the kids”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed in one of the deluxe suites as a getaway for my husbands 30th birthday. The dual headed shower was amazing, and the Jacuzzi was lovely. They provided us with some free snacks and sodas, and a bottle of champagne. They also gave us a log for the fireplace but didnt tell us we needed matches so we went without a fire. The only gripe I have is that I kept finding long black hairs all over the room... I am blonde... So they were not mine. Cleaning crew needs to be a bit more careful. It was lovely for the price and we are thinking of saving to stay in the pool suite for our anniversary in may!

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Just spent my honeymoon here at the Inn in Bensalem in a Honeymoon Suite and it was nice. The staff were very accomodating and when we had a minor issue with the jacuzzi (jets were just pointed down and we had no bubbles at first), they handled it right away. Overall we were very comfortable there. Having learned from previous trips to the Inn one log is never enough for the fire place and $8.00 is too much to pay for the second one at the front desk so we purchased a few extra at Walmart prior to coming.

My only concern was that the bathroom was freezing and i didn't learn until day 2 that there is a small heater unit in there built into the wall, and the other was that the looping closed circuit adult movies were possibly the same ones from my visit in 1991. Old and very corny. But the place was clean, the staff were friendly, and we will try another type of room there next time we go.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
new orleans
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This was a nice place; double person hot tub/jacuzzi, fireplace with complimentary log, mirrors everywhere. 1980's free "adult stations" (about 6 of them). Very nice grounds and still not a far drive to good restaurants. various themed rooms, check out their website for more.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 1, 2013

For the price and location I would go again. Actually I'm going back very soon! It was just what I wanted and it was spacious. It was like staying in a little cabin, with the fire place a good size jacuzzi. For a little extra money you can make the night a lot more special, they have candle and bottle oh and roses specials. They also had great customer service! It's a must go for a night of passion with the love of your night or a hot sexy date ether one you would enjoy!

• Stayed November 2013
innofthedove, Manager at Inn of the Dove - Bensalem, responded to this review, October 5, 2014
We thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay with us and we look forward to welcome you back at inn of the Dove Bensalem PA.

With best regards
Manager
Inn of the Dove Bensalem PA
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Our stay was wonderful!! The Black &Gold room was so romantic and classy.My husband wants to us to get away at least once a month. My stay at this location exceeded my expectations. So looking forward to next month's visit.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Rajpatel1, General Manager at Inn of the Dove - Bensalem, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Greetings from Inn of The Dove, Bensalem!

Thank you very much for sparing your valuable time and giving us your feedback.

I am delighted to learn that you found our room to be "Par excellence" . Also, your kind words for the room and our property is highly appreciated. Your compliments have been communicated to all the concerned and needless to mention it is only such appreciation that motivates us to strive harder to meet the expectations of our esteemed guests.

We thank you for choosing Inn Of The Dove and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With best regards,

Raj Kumar
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I chose the Inn of the Dove in Bensalem Nj as our 2 nights and 3 days romantic getaway destination. When we drove up to the front desk we fell in love with the location. The entrance for the front desk was just beautiful. The location of the room we had was quiet and felt so secluded. There were other guest there but we didn't see or hear anyone. The privacy was greatly appreciated and utilized.
The cottage style rooms were a nice size. We had complimentary champagne, cookies and drinks. The bed was large, clean, and comfortable. The shower was clean; the shower heads were phenomenal. The water pressure was just right and we didn't run out of hot water.
The only thing we didn't like was that the jacuzzi was dirty, and we didn't have any wash clothes. We did get a quick response from the night manager. He apologized have us or wash clothes and came and cleaned out the jacuzzi himself.
Amazing getaway!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank yolanda19013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Inn of The Dove, Bensalem and we thank you for sharing your encouraging review on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that your experience at Inn of The Dove, Bensalem was enjoyable and that you have taken fond memories of your stay with us.

Your generous praise of our team members is motivating and will encourage us to strive towards excellence.

Also,I apologize again for the issue you had to face and this will prompt us to work even more hard and be more cautious.In the near future you will certainly not have any issue as such.

I do hope that you have the opportunity to visit us again in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,
Raj Kumar
Albany, Ny
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Like many reviewing, my wife and I rarely get "quality time" away from the kids. When a family member stepped in to babysit so we could get away for our anniversary I began looking for a special place....and we weren't disappointed! We drove a little over for three hours from Albany, NY and arrived to an easy check-in and loved our room, a deluxe! We've stayed at many hotels across the country and have never encountered a shower as big as this one! Two showerheads and big enough to fjt in a locker room! We used the jacuzzi a lot and loved the size of the room!
We also like to find things to do around where we stay and we had never been to Philly and it's an easy 30 minute ride from the hotel.
I got an enthusiastic "yes" when I asked my wife if she would come back again! If the trend conti use in these reviews, Inn of the Dove will need tooffer a "Parents weekend getaway!"May have to do the pool suite next time!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank djhwood
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bensalem
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 9 in Bensalem
Courtyard Philadelphia Bensalem
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne

Been to Inn of the Dove - Bensalem? Share your experiences!