“Up to Outback Standards”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #17 of 154 Restaurants in Bensalem
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Everything was what you would expect with an Outback. Only problem we ordered a bottle of wine. The waitress brought the bottle and pored all the glasses. It was a Merlot and we ordered a Pi nor. I explained it to her and suggested how to present the wine and pour some for sampling. She has worked here for (1) year and never served a bottle wine. They did make it right.

1  Thank Joeygs7

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Whenever we make plans to meet friends or have out-of-town guests, we go to Outback for good food and service with ambience unusual for a chain restaurant. If you aren't pleased with your meal, Outback will make it right. Good selection of wine and beers that go great with a Bloomin' Onion!,

1  Thank 9CeCe55
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We are not fans of chain restaurants and had never been to Outback. We visited on a recent weeknight and we'll never go back.

Our food arrived before our drinks (beer and wine -- how hard is that?). My grilled salmon was like shoeleather. To describe it as dry is an understatement. The waitress took it back and said she would give me a replacement. I should have kept the vegetables and only returned the salmon, because by the time my companions had finished their dinners, my replacement salmon had still not shown up. We canceled the salmon. The waitress told us the manager would be right over to speak with us. Ten or 15 minutes later the manager came by with a shopping back in which we were told was a fresh salmon platter, bread, and utensils. When I tried to refuse it, she forced it on me. We declined the complimentary dessert. (I would have said yes to a glass of wine, but that wasn't offered.)

About ten minutes after we left the restaurant I decided I was too hungry to go to bed without eating and decided to try the salmon. It was a different piece of fish, but just as hard and dry as the original! The vegetables looked nice and what I tasted was just fine, but I couldn't finish them because there were no utensils.

Maybe their steaks are decent, but their salmon was unedible. We won't be going back.

1  Thank redrosewhiterose
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

It became little bit of a hobby that every time I am in the US I wanna go and have food in an Outback restaurant. We drove from Westampton to Bensalem after work and it was worth it. ...as usual... I am not eating a lot of meat usually but the steaks in Outback are mouthwatering. The Bensalem Outback had really friendly staff. Very helpful. The steaks were amazing. The only challenge was the slippery floor. So be careful. Other than that I loved it.

1  Thank Jessica G
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have generally in the past enjoyed Outback. I have been to this one in Bensalem numerous times and to others throughout the country. Last 2 times I was at this restaurant in Bensalem I was disappointed in one case and in the other dissatisfied. A topped filet I ordered first came out of the kitchen without the topping (blue cheese). When it returned the topping had been added as an after-thought, and it looked and tasted that way. I have had this offering before when it was properly prepared with topping being at one with the steak. This time was as if blue cheese dressing had been lathered on and placed in the oven or grille for too short a time. Based on cost and other factors I don't see a return visit to at least this Outback in my near-term future.

2  Thank dmfinpa