“Beware the Crab Topped Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #7 of 150 Restaurants in Bensalem
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Beware the Crab Topped Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Over the years I have been to Outback restaurants in several states more times than I can count. I've always found the service & food to be above average & the food is prepared the same way no matter the location. Being from Philadelphia the Bensalem location is the one we visit most & until now have always been pleased with our experience.
I tried the crab topped Outback special.This is how Outback describes it. "Our signature sirloin topped with jumbo lump crab meat & drizzled with hollandaise sauce". Maybe they meant drizzled with crab meat. What you get is a few tiny, tiny pieces of crab meat. What a rip-off. I certainly won't be getting that again.
For dessert I ordered Sidney's sundae with raspberry sauce & I needed a magnifying glass to see the raspberry sauce. Also the service this time was just average. I hope this isn't a trend.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Joe S

Browns Mills, New Jersey
“Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Was really good food! We had to wait for awhile,but was worth the wait. It is in walking distance from the Extended Stay.

Visited July 2012
Parsippany, NJ
“Great Meal !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Always have a great meal at Outback and the service is outstanding as well ! The specials are well thought out and the steaks are the best and a great value as well.

Visited November 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Food great as usual, but service a little lacking since last visit!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Its been a while since I was at this restaurant, and I have many great memories of the food and the service levels. The service has always been first class, and the food (steaks in particular) excellent...

This time, the prime rib was excellent (as I remember it from past visits), with nice selection of vegetables.

Service was less than great however.

The wine list referes to Jacobs Creek "Reserve" Shiraz - a wine I know very well and quite like as a middle of the road, and reasonably prices Australian Shiraz. The wine presented was the bulk standard (and pretty ordinary) Jacobs Creek Shiraz! (BBQ plate cleaning wine where I come from!)

A very apologetic 'manager' was trying desperately to retrieve the situation but clearly lacked (1) knowledge of the wine list, and (2) ability to retrieve the situation with either a price reduction for the inferior quality label presented - or another option such as a complimentary alternative...

In the end we just went ahead and drank the wine - along with a couple more bottles (primarily because it was about the best Australian Shiraz on a limted list)

So guys - sugest you either source the genuine article per the wine list - or change list and the price! The genuine article is readily available nearby (despite the manager's insistance that is was not), and is far superior to the base level Jacobs Creek Shiraz....

If you're going to represent an Australian experience (wine in particular) - please get it right!

Waitress service - ok - not the usual slick and efficient service I've been used to at that restaurant.

I'll definitely return - I like the food - and try an alternative red I suppose!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank travellingchef
langhorne, pa
“Good service ordinary food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

If you're going to the Parx Casino, it is convenient. I'd find someplace else to go if you want a good meal. The ribs are not meaty--I left hungry, nor are they great.

Visited November 2012