“A miss this time”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2012

After a 5 hour drive to my hotel, I was starving. I wanted something a little better than the diner next door, so the front desk clerk suggested Outback Steakhouse less than 2 miles from the hotel. I thought that was a great idea since I've never had a bad meal at an Outback before. There's a first time for everything. There were a lot of cars in the parking lot and a small crowd of people standing outside the front door when I arrived. I thought I was going to have to wait, but to my delight, I was greated and seated immediately. My waitress came over right away and took my drink order. I looked at the menu selection, but I knew what I wanted. A cup of creamy onion soup, (soup of the day) New York Strip steak, baked potato, and broccoli. I was all ready when my waitress returned with my soda. Shortly after a warm loaf of whole wheat bread and butter was delivered to my table, my soup came. It was great. It was so good, I almost ordered another one, but decided to save room for my meal. My waitress brought over a plate that looked delicious. A huge steak, big potato, and several large stalks of broccoli. My mouth watered looking at it. My first couple of bites of the steak were good. Cooked a perfect medium. The potato and broccoli were hot and tasty. Then the steak turned into this ineatable, chewy, rubbery, fatty piece of shoe leather I couldn't chew, let alone cut with my steak knife. I literally tried to cut pieces of it off and couldn't. I thought for a minute I might be on some sort of reality show. I was looking for the hidden cameras because I couldn't believe with all of might might and sharpness of the knives, I couldn't cut the steak. I gave up after 5 minutes with no success. My waitress, who was extremely nice, apoligized and notified the shift manager. She came over and offered to comp the entire check, or at the very least take the steak off. She was very sweet and sat with me talking for awhile. I did accept 2 cards for a free Blommin' Onion for my next visit at any Outback. Overall, it was just ok. I had never had a bad steak at Outback before.

1  Thank treylew

Reviewed June 13, 2012

The meal, drinks and service was excellent. We would definetely return there again

Reviewed May 6, 2012

My husband and I pop in to sit at the bar, watch a game, and have dinner. The service is usually good and the food is delicious.

1  Thank pattidoc
Reviewed April 28, 2012

This was the first outback I've been too and I have to say I was very impressed. Our waitress Pam was a sweetheart and explained everything to us. The bloomin onion was AWESOME as was the steak! The cherry limeade was excellent and they kept my drink filled! For a chain restaurant, I was very impressed.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Not much else to say. Atmosphere, service, food, and prices are all consistent and consistently average.

1  Thank Nancy S