“A bit disappointed with this hotel...”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Bensalem
Reviewed August 17, 2009

Well the location was pretty close to Sesame Place so that was our only upbeat part of this hotel. If you are looking for a nights stay it shouldnt be too bad but the amount of money you have to spend a night it might be better staying somewhere else. The staff were very young working in the reception area and they were more concerned about their cell calls or items they were looking for on the internet. I was just disappointed overall with this hotel. And the choices they gave for breakfast you are better off just going to IHOP and getting filled up with a real breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank luv2teachYonkers
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites

Reviewed May 31, 2009

We stayed here for one night while visiting Philadelphia and Princeton. Keep in mind that if you just want to see Philadelphia, it's a bit out of the way (about a 30 minute drive).
The rooms were nice (though a bit small) and the front desk people friendly. What wasn't up to the usual Sleep Inn standard, though, was the breakfast: The area itself is tiny, and the selection consisted of frozen packaged pastries and packaged mini pancakes you were supposed to heat in the microwave. Not exactly the "Morning Medley" you would expect from their glossy marketing blurbs.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank GermanyTraveler
Reviewed May 16, 2009

Good value for the price. I asked for a quiet room and I got one. There was a little street noise but nothing dramatic and the hotel sounds were very muted. I used the workout room twice and found it small but enjoyable. Service was pleasant. The room was clean and the free Internet access was easy to use.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank ArielMN
Reviewed October 2, 2008

My husband and I stayed two nights here. It's clean and well-maintained, near a PA Turnpike exit.

My only disappointment was the breakfast--prepackaged food and so-so coffee. Not what I hoped for, but Sleep Inn was significantly less expensive than nearby hotels.

We had some time to kill in the morning and found a state park less than ten minutes south. The area didn't look that great, but the park itself was safe--a policeman was parked by the parking area--and there were lots of people walking and hiking. The path along the river was pleasant--so we went around again!!

As a side note: I wasn't familiar with the area, and got lost trying to find the PA Turnpike (you have to get on US Rt 1...)

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Essy-j
Reviewed September 8, 2008

This was the first hotel I've ever been to. Having it been that, I was a little bit nervous and didn't know what to expect. Checking in was very easy since I booked it online. I received a room all the way to the back on the first floor. Once I unlocked the door and entered my room, it was wonderful. Everything was so spic and span clean. It seemed almost too good to be true. The bathroom was VERY, VERY, VERY clean. You could see it actually shining. The tv had great selections of cable channels. The bed was extremely comfortable!! The sheets were very clean. Everything was clean!! The room itself was very comfortable. I felt very safe and secure being there. We had a hair dryer, an ironing board, an iron, a fridge, a coffee maker, and unlimited phone calls. I was very satisfied with my experience here in Sleep Inn. I basically felt like I was at home. If I was ever have to rent a hotel again, I definitely would go back. I definitely recommend this hotel to anybody who is looking for a very clean and comfortable environment.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank bubbl3s312
Reviewed July 22, 2008

We were absolutely pleased with this hotel. Everything about it was exceptional. We were in the Philadelphia area to take our 2 year old to Sesame Place. We only stayed here for one night then opted for something next to the park the 2nd night so we could we could utilize the free shuttle and for naps...not to mention we had "credit" for a free night at any Choice Hotel. Otherwise I would have stayed at this hotel a 2nd night...it was that great.
I would say it was the best hotel I've been in in a long time. It was clean, fresh and inviting. The beds were cozy. They had a decent continental breakfast in the morning too. The front desk staff was nice as was the breakfast host.
The only downfall would be that there isn't a pool. But, we really didn't need one because we got in so late and just wanted to go to sleep. But, had we been there a 2nd night, a pool would have been a nice option to have.
It's in a decent area with lots of restaurants to choose from.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2008

I booked this for a wedding weekend and it was perfectly suited for my needs. My companions wished there had been a pool, but the location was great, the property was immaculate, and everything was very clean and comfortable inside the room.

My only complaint would be that they don't replenish the breakfast items at all once it gets within a half hour-to-hour before it ends. By the time I reached the free continental breakfast, there was no juice left, no bagels, no cream cheese, no eggs, practically nothing--there were some packaged english muffins but that's about it. The woman who was there and supposed to be stocking it just looked at me and turned around...maybe they want to save money? I don't know, but it didn't spoil my stay or anything, it was just a little annoying.

I would definitely recommend this property to anyone visiting Philadelphia.

• Stayed: May 2008
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bensalem
Best Western Plus Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!