“Wonderful, Clean and Friendly”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Bensalem
Stafford, Virginia
“Wonderful, Clean and Friendly”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Our family arrived at the Sleep Inn & Suites, around midnight after traveling for the day. Clerk at front desk was courteous, and had us checked in quickly. The room was spacious and immaculate. There was a whirlpool bath tub which the kids enjoyed. There was a hair dryer, iron, iron board, extra bedding and a large flat screen TV. Our breakfast experience was amazing, the dining hostess made us all feel welcome, she was cheerful and offered to make each of us a Belgian Waffle. There was a large variety of breakfast items to select from (both hot and cold). All in all this was a great experience and we will definitely stay here again when we are passing through.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Carla B, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to make each guests stay as comfortable and easy as possible. We offer 24 hour service with a smile. We hope you will stay with us again if you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Oakville, Connecticut
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The room and bed were rather small for the price we paid. Motel was in decent shape. People next to us a bit noisy but not for too long. Sausage on french toast is not what I call breakfast. Room was neat and clean for the most part but there was a turd left in the toilet. I guess there's a first for everything.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We value the input of our guests. I am sorry that you had an issue during your stay and wish we could have corrected it immediately. While I cannot offer an explanation I can say it is definitely a first for us as well. I have addressed the issue and have made changes to the daily housekeeping routine to ensure an incident like that will never occur again. Thank you for your feedback. With every review we are able to better the quality of our guests stay!
Gloversville, New York
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is the second time we've used this hotel, both time looking for just a quick, clean place to sleep. It's exactly that. Nothing is fancy, but what they have is well done and comfortable. The rooms are well-sized and the beds comfortable.
This trip, I took time to note the fitness room--lots of aerobic gear, but no resistance equipment of any kind.
Breakfast is available, with a reasonable selection. The coffee is pretty decent, too.
The only negative we had seems to be a problem in a lot of newer hotels. The heater/AC unit is NOT quiet. We had left the fan running most of the night, and that was just a steady hum. We turned on the heat in the morning and the heater made a lot of noise each time it kicked in.
We'll probably be here the next time we're spending the night in the area.

Room Tip: I would thing that the back of the motel would be quieter as they are not on the road side of the bu...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Carla B, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
First let me thank you for your review and your return visits. We are happy to hear that you enjoy your stays with us and look forward to many more. I have made note of your concerns with AC/Heater unit and will try to have it resolved for your next stay. We look forward to your next visit.
millford de
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My job has me in this area and I always stay here. The reason is the staff is great and the rooms are very comfortable. It is very easy to get to easy on and off the turnpike, and plenty of places to eat and relax near by. Great place to stay to get a good nights rest with out problems

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bill b
Carla B, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear you enjoy your stays with us. We try to make every guest feel as comfortable as possible when away from home. We are always happy to help and provide a good nights rest for our guests. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Carpet in room is digusting. Room smelt like a prison locker room. There is a sign on the wall speaking of sleeping good with the hum of the air conditioner. The unit in my room cut on and off all night and was really loud. This place needs complete remodel bad.

• Stayed February 2013
5 Thank olfclvr
Carla B, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear you were not happy during your stay. If at any time a guest is unsatisfied with a room we would be more than happy to move them upon knowledge of the problem, any time of day. I can assure you if we were aware there was an issue it would have been resolved immediately. We do realize there are some things that need to be renovated as I am sure you noticed the renovations being done on your visit. We are consatntly making changes to our property to ensure it is comfortable for all our guests. If you should find yourself in the area we would love to have you visit our property and allow us to show you the customer service we pride ourselves on. We always asks that if a guest has an issue, let us know immediately, no matter how big or small. The guests comfort and enjoyment is our biggest priority. Thank you again for your review.
Bronx, New York
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed one night at this hotel. The lobby and room were clean and updated. The breakfast area was big and what i liked compared to other hotels the food was individually wrapped. Very big variety of food. A lady stood there cleaning and refreshing the food. Even though there was other people in the hotel i did not hear them and i slept like a baby. Will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Angbuzz
Carla B, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We recently just finished renovations to the lobby and appreciate the recognition of it. We strive to provide quality, excellent customer service and most of all comfort. We hope you visit us again on your next trip to the area.
Beattyville, Kentucky
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Spent two nights here on a trip to get together with some friends in the Jamison/Doylestown area. Chose this facility based on the recommendations here and was not sorry that I did.

Prior to my stay, I had communicated with Carla Blizzard about this property vs. another property she is affiliated with and she was very helpful in addressing the questions a total stranger sent to her Facebook page.

Check-in went well, my room was already ready and my request for a first-floor room was honored. The room itself was clean and comfortable, if a bit small, but there were no issues. There was a refrigerator but no microwave, plenty of choices on the TV, and good wi-fi service. Comfortable bed. Average water pressure in the shower, not as good as home but a lot better than most hotels/motels I've stayed in.

The front desk clerk was efficient and professional upon check-in and was kind enough to offer pizza recommendations.

The location is decent. There are a lot of dining and shopping choices along Street Road in both directions from the hotel. The Parx casino is also just a few lights down the street, but I didn't go either evening I stayed in the area. I felt a bit edgy with some of the residents of the apartments behind the hotel hanging out in the parking lot but experienced no trouble. It's also right off the PA Turnpike and the EZ-Pass only eastbound exit (352) puts you out very close to the hotel.

Two nitpicks. One is that the door at the end of the hall was not functional from entry from the outside, even with the use of the key card. You had to go around to the front door to get in. Thankfully the hall door had been propped open with a small rock for most of my stay and I only had to go around to the front once.

The other was breakfast. I was a little disappointed in the lack of fresh hot breakfast items like most Sleep Inns offer. There were warmed-up Jimmy Dean sausage and french toast sandwiches. I only ate on Saturday morning, as I needed to make an early departure on Sunday and didn't have time to eat before I left.

A sign said to pardon the mess during renovation efforts, but I saw nothing to indicate that construction was in progress and was not impacted by it at all.

There was nothing here that would cause me not to stay again if I was traveling along the PA Turnpike corridor or needed a place to stay in the northeast Philadelphia area. The rate is probably very good for the area.

Room Tip: Use any available discounts to get a better rate over what's posted.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank millenniumhwy
Carla B, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! After exchanging a few messages with you before your stay I was anxious to read your review, being in the travel industry in sorts yourself. We value all feedback, it allows us to improve. I have addressed the issue with the door. While we have never had any real issues with the apartments behind us we have plans already to fence that area off. The fact that you mentioned the uneasy feeling just confirmed our thoughts. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall. I am always willing to help people with any questions, no matter how they reach me! We are doing renovations, they were just not going on while you were there! We are actually almost finished. It has not really impacted many of the guests. We are updating our breakfast and am sorry to hear you did not get to try our fresh made waffles, maybe on another trip. Again, thank you for your review! We appreciate all feedback and I put it to good use. We look forward to seeing you again if you are ever in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bensalem
Best Western Plus Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose
Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Bensalem

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!