“Not new, clean and well-run”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Bensalem
CT
“Not new, clean and well-run”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This Sleep Inn is a conversion from some other hotel - not the familiar Sleep Inn layout. It is well maintained but older. Noisy but efficient AC. Internet excellent. Slow drain in shower - yuck - but i told them on checkout, and they thanked me for letting them know. Excellent beds. Extremely convenient location - right off PA Tpk. Breakfast was better than the Sleep Inn average - but then again, so was the room price.

Room Tip: Desk attendant said they were renewing 3rd floor - might be the nicest.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Dave4_-_3W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
West Grey, Ontario
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Stayed here with family (two rooms) for a long weekend, in February. Upon arrival, we tried to call our family who live in the area. We could not place outgoing calls from either room, for our entire 3 day stay.

Immediately advised the front desk staff – no resolve other than to use the lobby phone. Maintenance replaced both phones in our rooms – still couldn’t place a call outside of the hotel.

Before leaving, we left a message for the hotel’s Manager. After a few weeks being home, we sent a follow-up email. 3 months later, we have yet to receive a reply to our concerns. (phone or email)

In future, we’ll stay elsewhere in the area, at a place where basic guest’s needs are met.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank RescueTeam
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 12, 2012

The motel is clean, but monitor your credit card charges very closely. At the first part of our stay, we were charged a higher rate than the rate we were quoted. Because the two-day actual charge worked out to be within a couple dollars of a 3-night stay at the discounted rate we were quoted, we stayed an additional day and called it square.

Rather than move to another motel (we were in the area for several weeks), we decided to stay at Sleep Inn longer. The second charge showed up on our card as over $300 more than it should have been. The owner applied the charge for our room that time, but he tacked on a hold of slightly over $300. This is not a bank-initiated hold. When we discovered the excessive charge on our account, the person at the desk showed us the computer screen and the field where the hold was manually entered by the owner. The person at the desk also mentioned that the owner is not familiar with the software, and probably entered the $300 hold accidentally. Of course the money held went back to the card when we checked out, but for our stay, over $300 was held up in limbo.

As far as the motel itself, it was reasonably clean and seemed to be recently updated. I'm a stickler for clean bathrooms, and this one was ok. Not sparkling, but not necessarily dirty in a way that made me want to clean it myself. There was fresh caulk applied over old mildew in the shower, and the sink and tub drain slowly. That's gross, since God knows what is making them drain slowly. The bathroom floor is fairly clean, although it looks like that nice, new tile grout is accumulating a lot of dirt in the foot path area. Looking under the sink, the grout used to be white, and not the gray of the rest of the room. I had a back ache when we arrived, so I took a hot bath. The tub was very clean, although that's when I noticed the fresh caulk applied over old mildew. Ew.

We had a king size bed. It was reasonably comfortable. Certainly not the plywood board beds we've had at Motel 6. There were five pillows on the bed, which was nice considering we fight over pillows and blankets.

The weather during our stay was really weird. I can say that the heat and the air worked well, and the units looked new.

One thing I really liked about the room was the desk area. There was a comfortable, padded, swivel desk chair and track lighting overhead. I work late hours, and the lights allowed me to work without lighting the whole room.

Worth noting is that the whole place smelled really clean. A little perfumey in places, but no stale odors. My husband and I are smokers, but we can't stand the odor of stale cigarette smoke. Sleep Inn is a smoke-free motel. We went outside to smoke. The whole motel smelled clean, no matter which floor we happened to be on.

The breakfast had a pretty wide variety from microwaveable silver dollar Pillsbury pancakes, bagels, butter and jam, yogurt, cold cereal, oatmeal, juices, muffins and danishes. I didn't like their lobby coffee. Although it said Maxwell House on the packets and on the machine, it tasted very stale. I couldn't even drink a whole cup.

As for the staff, most of the people were nice. I arrived for breakfast at the time it was supposed to be set up, but the girl who had only just started setting it up acted as though I was in her way. That was annoying, but nothing to fuss over. One particular girl at the desk at night is exceptionally snarky. Each time I went downstairs, she was texting. If I had a question, she made sure I knew loud and clear that I was interrupting her. But the housekeeping staff is very, very friendly and do a terrific job. The one fellow at the desk during the daytime is also very nice and worked hard to straighten out our credit card charge snafu.

There is a Dunkin Doughnuts beside the motel, and you don't have to cross major traffic to get there. Great coffee.

On the opposite side, also within walking distance, is a convenience store. They do not sell beer, though.

There is a concrete barrier between the traffic lanes in front of the motel except for the intersections, so you can't jog across the street to the restaurants on the other side. You have to drive over.

As far as the neighborhood goes, it seemed pretty safe. Not ideal, especially with all the traffic, but certainly not a scary part of town or anything like that. I wasn't too worried if I stepped outside late at night.

***There is no swimming pool or restaurant, but I cannot change the fields that were automatically selected.***

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank C O
Comstock Park, MI
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Stayed here based on reviews and was not disappointed. Amber checked me in and was efficient and friendly. Stayed on the backside of the Inn and it was very quiet and peaceful. Beds were quite comfortable. This is a Sleep Inn and if you have never stayed at one the rooms can be a surprise as they are on the small side but set up nicely. do not expect a bath tub in a standard room.
Great stay would stay again when in the area

Room Tip: Stay in the backside if possible, not sure if it makes a huge difference but I
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Adam56
Newville
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We arrived 3/28/12 around 10:30 pm. I had reserved the room on the Choice Hotels site using my Choice points to pay for the room. The girl at the front desk didn't seem to know what she was doing. She had to call someone to find out how to check me in.
I had reserved a two double bed suite. The room was spacious and clean. My daughter wanted to take a bath in the whirlpool tub, but the tub wouldn't hold water! Kind of hard to take bath if the tub won't hold water. Then in the morning we were going to use the microwave but it was broken also. Kind of a bummer!
Note to owners. Maybe it would be a good idea to put some money back into your motel. I know it is a fairly new motel but things do break and you need to fix them.
I would stay at this motel again. And I would recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank solly1962
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Stayed here for business for a week. Rooms are clean, quiet and very nice for Sleep Inn. There is a small workout room on site and free breakfast. It's about 15 min from Penns landing/downtown and free Parking which is had to find in downtown - makes this place a good alternative.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Nova2003
NJ
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Horrible horrible no good very bad, unhealthy hotel. Very uncomfortable hard beds with postage stamp pillows. Curtain did not even fully cover the first floor window. The sun was shinning in at 6am when I did not have to get up! People could look in on me in the room. Air conditioner coils filthy. Breakfast totally unhealthy and sparse. Dirty thieves charged me for the night when I checked out after they did nothing to clean the coils after asking and writing my request 3 times. Fitness room was extremely claustrophobic. Printer had no ink. No Business center. No pool, nothing

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank supermar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bensalem
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
BEST WESTERN PLUS Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel
Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Inn of the Dove - Bensalem

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!