“Don't judge a book by its cover..”

Shogun Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar
Ranked #14 of 154 Restaurants in Bensalem
Cuisines: Sushi
Description: (215)633-0888
Description: (215)633-0888
Reviewed July 8, 2013

When you see Shogun, located in a strip mall.. with a big 50% off sign in the window, do not be tempted to go somewhere else. The atmosphere inside is nice, and the food is GREAT. I never expected that quality of sushi rolls was possible for the price.. delicious!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

The hibachi food is excellent at Shogun as is the sushi. The prices are very reasonable. This Japanese restaurant is the best of those in the area.

1  Thank missimin
Reviewed September 30, 2012

If you want a good meal (Sushi or Habachi) you really should give this place a try. For visitors to the area, easy to get to from I95 or PA Turnpike, we have been there and will go back again. They have the traditional Habachi grill tables for those who like that and plenty of standard tables for those who would rather not have the show. They feature 1/2 price sushi (well worth the money and great quality) as well as a full Japanese menu.. My wife and I shared four specialty sushi rolls with green tea and got out of there for around $40 including tip. Not too bad! I think that the spicy tuna roll was around $4. The place is clean and inviting and the staff is very friendly and helpful. You should give this place a try!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We love sushi and love trying out different places. We were at first hesitant to try Shogun because of the neon signs and the every day half off sushi deal. Plus, it's in a shopping mall. Yet, once trying it, we have yet to go anywhere else in a year. The prices are so cheap and the food is of such high quality. Their hibachi is also great. The chefs are fun and really talented. I would say you pay about half what you pay at other hibachi and sushi places. It is also BYOB, so that saves money:)

Reviewed August 2, 2011

After being a regular at the 50% off sushi place across the street, I decided to try Shogun after seeing a 50% sign on their door as well. The prices were awesome. You can't beat 3 rolls for $7.

We were seated at a booth. I felt with every move I made the booth moved 2 inches, even with a girl sitting on the opposite side of the booth. We asked to switch to a table and it was better.

There are four or five hibachi tables on one side of the restuarant. There is little to no sound barrier between the sushi side and hibachi side. We could hear everything going on on the one table filled getting hibachi. When it gets busy, it probably would be very loud and annoying.

The service was friendly and the food came out quicker than I expected. The sushi was good and delicious! This is my new favorite sushi place in the area. I will be returning here and the other place will be losing business.

1  Thank Jen S