“Horrible service”

Parx Casino
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Bensalem
More attraction details
Fee: No
Owner description: Parx Casino and Racing, formerly Philadelphia Park Racetrack and Casino, is the largest and most impressive Pennsylvania gaming complex. Owned and operated by Greenwood Gaming and Entertainment, Inc., Parx features 24 hour gaming; 3,350 slot machines; over 100 live table games; a premier poker room with 60 poker tables; live racing and simulcast action; delicious dining options; bars, one of the hottest nightclubs around and more. Must be 21. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler.
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
“Horrible service”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Just wanted you to know that I was at Parx on Wednesday 4-3-13 and between myself and 2 other players we asked 8 different employees to send a beverage server over to where we were playing and after about 1 hour and 55 minutes no server showed up. Each time we were told they would find somebody and send them. At approx. 1:30am I asked a gentlemen who I thought was a supervisor and he said " I'll send somebody over". After I told him about the other 8 times that was told to us he walked away and never came back.

3 Thank Joe D

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“First and last time”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

From the moment I was pulling up to the casino it looked amazing which I would expect being its a newer casino. Parking wasn't much of an issue they could have designed it a bit better. And then walking inside Joe was the first person I to interact with me being he's security and was checking my ID. I told him it was my first time there and he did a great job explaining everything. He even asked about where I was from in PA. Then I went to go sign up for the parx casino membership "Xclub" and it was all down hill from there. They had a ton of people in the line to sign up with only 2 employees behind the counter eventually after a long 30 minutes we finally made our way to Michael who was starting to assist us in signing up and then I guess we got there during the shift change and then changed with Trish.... Meanwhile I knew nothing about there being a groupon for 30$ free slot play and 20$ meal for only 20$. Well being that you have to be a new member to get that deal from groupon I was very interested in it. I assume I was inconvencing her because she was itch a about me asking these questions. Being that I was interested in that offer I was asking if there was anyway I could receive that deal without having to download the app for groupon I should have waited cause now I can't use an amazing deal. I was looking for food with my girlfriend and was suggested a couple restaurants by Joe again at security. He said chickies and Pete's was closing soon but foodies is still open. We walked by foodies and it looked like a cafe style area that overcharges for hotdogs and hamburgers. So we got a chance to go to chickies and Pete's and once again what a disappointment. My first time there and will never go again... We got treated like ish from the staff. They were not really friendly and they had some horrible cover artist playing music. The server was semi nice and overall the food was good there. Games were okay but that's it wouldn't rate them more then mediocre. The machines were filthy and the first one I sat down at it was like I had to punish the screen just enter my pin for the first time. Would never go back here all because they were not accommodating with there customer service from the signup start point. Once again I guess I should have done my research for this amazing groupon deal or held up everyone else in line for it to download on my phone. Never going to visit again or maybe one time about 5 years from now I might but then it might be in the same ratings as harrahs chester. Btw I can tell the games pay out here one guy at machine next to me won 1620$. If they were at best accomadating here they would let more people know about the free valet they offer which was also on the groupon offer. If your interested in eating good food for the first time there making sure you purchase that offer first for 20$ credit towards food and 10$ free play credit

2 Thank Kyle0306
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Just takes, takes and doesn't give”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars at that place, I can sit on one machine and lose $400 and not win ANYTHING. They don't give enough free play, you would think since I lose so much they would at least give some extra free play, NOPE. You order a drink, it will take 30-45 minutes to come, if they even decide to bring you the drink. And on top of that last time I went there, they were giving away free carrot cake, and I stood in that long line just to hear that I don't "qualify" ... I would think with all the money I spend here a $10 carrot cake is the least they can do. Anyways, I am very disappointed in that place. I used to visit on the regular since it's very close to my house, but maybe I'll drive a little further for the sugar house next time.

3 Thank Tamara Z
levittwn, penna
“Penna. Worst Casino”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

If you value your money do not go to parx casino, on the days they're having a giveaway are the worst know matter what machine you're playing know matter what you're betting you're going to lose. The e-play they give you to play does not match what you spend, and now the only way to get comp dollars is to play with your card, i'm still tring to figure out how to earn them, know matter how much you play you still don't get any. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to Parx.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“"Go back to paying the old way"”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I'm not happy with the new program with playing more to get food comp, and earning more free play. The old way was better, Parx used to give a standard amount every month for food comp and a better earning from how much you play to get more playing comp. It's good to come to Parx when you know you have a little to start wit from them!

Visited March 2013