Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem
Great Barrington, Massachusetts
“Lovely”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We're a week into a three week stay, and so far we've been very pleased and impressed with the hotel. The room we're in was very clean when we arrived, the decor is attractive and comfortable, and the kitchen has all the necessary accoutrements. The staff has been friendly and helpful, and two small problems we had on our first day here (the air conditioning unit stopped working, and one of the burners was disconnected) were fixed quickly and efficiently. The idea of spending three weeks in a hotel had me a little on edge and I have been very pleasantly surprised by the whole experience.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel. I am glad that you are enjoying your clean, comfortable room and your fully equipped kitchen. As well, it is great to hear that you are finding our staff to be friendly and helpful during your stay with us. Still, I apologize for the problems you encountered with the air and burner in your room; however, I am happy to hear that we were able to fix these issues quickly and efficiently.

I do hope that you continue to enjoy your stay with us. If you need anything, please do not hesitate to stop by the desk or give us a call. Thank you again for your kind words.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Made the same trip 2 years ago and had a great time. So we booked again and got a better rate than last time. Staff was friendly and the room was immaculate. Didn't win any money but had a blast at the cascino.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Ernie - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your first stay so much that you decided to return to our hotel. Plus, I am so glad to read that your second stay far exceeded your expectations, especially when it came to our staff's service and your room. We are sorry you didn't win this time around, but hopefully you will choose to return to the casino and stay with us again in the future, regardless.
lincoln , De.
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This year again the hotel was clean and neat. The room was clean and inviting.The staff were friendly and everything ready when I arrived. I have had occasion to have a pet in my room and the cost is very reasonable with lots of open space to exercise. I plan on returning next year for seven more weeks.

Room Tip: Has exercise room no pool. you can order food from an outside vendor. I did not use this service. Th...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm thrilled that you choose to stay with us every year and look forward to your arrival next year, it is always a pleasure to have you visit. We promise to provide you with another clean room and friendly service.

Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Booked here for a long stay. The place was clean, but none of the staff members were on the same page about anything. You would talk to one person and they would give you one rate and then the very next person would give you another. And none were friendly about it. I was also booking for at least a month and the prices that were given were outrageous. I have stayed at other Extended Stays and was given way better rates then this one for staying so long. If you are just staying a couple of nights then this place is great but since the name is Extended Stay, does that not imply that there would be better rates for those that have to stay for long periods of time?

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Your comments in regards to level of cleanliness throughout our hotel are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that our staff did not provide you with great service. In response, I am reviewing our rate packages with the entire team so that we are all knowledgeable on what we have to offer. As well, please know, our rates are based on many factors and do get better with longer lengths of stays. I am sorry if this was not communicated to you properly.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pbl2@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I reserved two rooms with my AMEX card. When we checked in on 10/18/2013, we gave the desk person a card to pay for the second room. The desk person charged the card for both rooms. He said if he charged it back, the funds would not be available until 3-5 business days. We were scheduled to be in Philadelphia until Monday and we needed access to our money. I agreed to leave the charges on the card and I would reimburse him.

The hotel charged the card double for each room. Instead of $621.24, they charged $1242.48. Please rectify these charges asap.

MaryAnnie Hughes

Room Tip: Don't leave your key until you are sure it is cleared.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Home away from home, very clean, comfortable and convenient to a lot of restaurants and across the street from the casino. And easy access in and out. Very Pet friendly and a big field for the dogs to run around in.

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Kyle - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that you will be staying with us for the next few weeks and that your room is both comfortable as well as clean. It is also nice to read that you like our hotel's location and that we are pet-friendly.

World
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went to Parx Casino and was looking for a place to crash after donating instead of driving home. Right across the main street. Could walk but that's a big main street. Small kitchenette. Bring food if you get hungry at night. Only thing worth it in the vending machine was the cup of noodles. Not filling at all at 4:00AM. Room was clean, bed was comfortable. No issues.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room and our hotel's location. I am glad that you enjoyed the in-room kitchen.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bensalem
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 9 in Bensalem
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Inn of the Dove - Bensalem
Courtyard Philadelphia Bensalem

Been to Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem? Share your experiences!