Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel, was very nice. Bedding was comfortable and attractive. Staff was very friendly, I believe the girl that I dealt with was Kate. Very professional and welcoming. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed here for business and only had to stay 1 night. The room was tidy but dumpy (i.e. cheap bedding, cracks around the sink, broken toilet seat). The woman behind the counter ( i think she was the asst. manager) was very nice and professional.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Bensalem. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

We know that our guests have many lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. The description you presented of your accommodation is not representative of our quality standards and as such is clearly not acceptable. In order to meet our standards going forward, I will work with my staff to ensure that you and our future guests do not experience this type of incident.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Excellent comfort and staff is really nice and the hotel is located in a wonderful area super close to good restaurants and the casino. Rooms are nice and comfortable and the tvs are nice and always clean love the new exercise room.

• Stayed: September 2012

"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Bensalem. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Celebrating our 12th Wedding Anniversary, the hubby and I decided that we wanted to go to a Casino for the weekend. We haven't been to A/C in a long time, so I didn't have any comps there and the Sands and Mount Airy Casino hotels were booked, so I discovered that near the Parx Casino was an Extended Stay Hotel. As we stayed at an Extended Stay just 2 weeks ago and enjoyed it, we decided to stay at another one. It was right across the road from the casino so it was perfectly located.

Now, the reasons why it's SLOOOOOOOWLY become our favorite. We checked in fast and speed, but when we walked into our room, the clean service must have left the air on the lowest setting and on HIGH because it was FREEEEEZING in the room once we opened the door. Being that it was already cool outside, the room felt like we were in the Artic. During this extremely hot summer it would have been perfect--not so perfect this weekend. In fact it took at least an hour to bring the room down to an appropriate temperature.

The room was smaller than the Extended Stay in E. Rutherford, but clean and comfortable. Plenty of towels and washclothes, and enough soap (but no shampoo). The bathroom door was VERY close to the toilet. You actually had to stand to the side to close the bathroom door. We did not have an ice bucket, but there were ice trays full of cubes in the fridge already. However, we did not use them because we did not know who filled the tray...so we had to use the spaghetti strainer to get ice.

Also, very, very minor, we stayed across from a guest who just refused to stay in their room. Seems like every 30 minutes he was walking the hall, going in and out of his room, with his door slamming shut. Also, being close to the housekeeping closet, we had to deal with that slamming door as well. No fault of the hotel, but while we were trying to sleep, that slamming door was annoying as hell!

Finally, we were missing the filter for fresh water that is advertised on all of their commercials, and at this location there was NO grab and go breakfast!

It's obvious that this Extended Stay needs a little work (very minor), but each time we decide to go to Parx Casino, this is where we will be staying.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the rooms close to the elevators. You won't hear the elevator, but the housekeep...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Bensalem. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

During the past year I have spent about 7 months in total traveling for healthcare. About four of those months have been at the Extended Stay America Philadelphia/Bensalem. I have spent many nights in a lot of hotels. ESA Phila/Benesalem is among the best in the Philadelphia area. While there are plenty of fancy and expensive hotels in Philadelphia this is simply a very pleasant, reliable clean, economical and comfortable hotel. It's secret may be the Excellent Management. The staff is always very Professional, in every way a hotel staff should be. But besides always being courteous, helpful , friendly and solicitous of guest needs , this staff makes you feel comfortable and welcome and to the person will go out of their way to help in any way they can, often without even being asked. This staff wants to do a excellent job and it shows .
The hotels itself has a great location no more then a mile or two from three of the areas largest roadways including the Pa. turnpike and US Route 1. It is clean and very well maintained by a very responsive maintenance and house keeping staff. It has plenty of free parking and lots of well landscaped land making it very pleasant. There are Restaurants and even a Casino within walking distance.Drive a few minutes and you have fast food, fine dining, supermarkets, speciality shops , auto repair, pharmacies and several large shopping areas including the Neshaminy Mall. The rooms are well maintained, always comfortable and clean with a nice kitchen with a full size fridge and freezer. A stovetop, Microwave, toaster, coffee maker and kitchen sink. They have new beds and Flat Screen Televisions . If you want a nice, reliable , safe, comfortable and clean hotel with an excellent staff the Extended Stay America Philadelphia/Bensalem is a very good choice.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice because of the location of the hotel. Cars do park out side first floor rooms...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff. We are so happy to hear that you think we are the best option to stay at when in the area! We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I work out of town about 10 months a year, So I stay in allot of hotels, and this place is the number 1 nastiest place I have ever staid in. The put me in a smoking room. The room ranked with smell, there were stains all over the carpet, There was BLOOD on the toilet seat. I went down to the desk; They said well there is nothing they could do about it! WHAT. I went out side, when I came back in they told me, We can send someone up tomorrow to ckean the toilet even that its not your scheduled cleaning day. I said don’t worry about it since I will be out tomorrow, if I would not just drove 16 hrs to a dump and 10”30pm I would have left that night.

Room Tip: If you want a clean hotel, This is not the place
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the cleanliness of your accommodation. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Standard cleaning procedures include a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of kitchens and bathrooms. Additionally, prior to making any room available, we inspect it to ensure that our normal procedures have been followed. Given the account you described, there was clearly an unacceptable break down in our regular operations, so I have met with my staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I knew I would be in Bensalem, PA and I wanted to stay in hotel that was convenient to I-95, U.S. 1 and the Pennsylvania Turnpike and Extended Stay filled that requirement and more. It is surrounded by not only those highways but also convenient for shopping. There is a grocery store less than a mile from the hotel, which is helpful as Extended Stay has a kitchen with a full size fridge with a freezer and a stove top with two burners. Wal-Mart and Target are within a few miles and Parx Casino is just across the street. The staff was friendly, courteous, professional and helpful. The room was very clean and has a desk for your laptop, a 32" flat screen t.v. with jacks for your DVD player/Computer/Game Box, a comfortable chair with an ottoman to relax in and a small dining room table. On the first floor you will find coin-operated laundry facilities, vending machines and a fitness room with an Elliptical Machine and a Stationary Bike. There are a good deal of restaurants nearby and plenty of place that deliver directly to your room. Carrabas Restaurant is within walking distance as the hotel is directly behind it. For those who have children, Sesame Place is only approximately 20 minutes away and if you want to take a trip to beach, there is one only about 1-1/2 hours away. Center City Philadelphia is approximately 1/2 hour away for those who would like to visit Historic Philadelphia. For those who want to go dancing, Michael's Cafe & Restaurant is the place to go on weekends. I was extremely pleased with my stay at Extended Stay America Philadelphia/Bensalem and would highly recommend it to anyone who will be in the area.

Room Tip: The first floor is convenient for those who do not wish to use the elevator or steps, as well as tho...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Harold D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.